Black Panther: Wakanda Forever | November 2022

Blood Magic

It was great to see the mcu feel cinematic again. Also, the last few movies felt like they lacked genuine heart for me, and this definitely felt real. 

For me it wasn’t as strong as the first movie, but still strong. I would’ve liked to see more Lupita, Winston, and Michaela Coel’s characters in the movie, they, alongside Angela Bassett were my personal favorites. Maybe in a black Panther 3 or in the mcu at large we will see more of them. Especially Michaela, I wish she had much more screen time considering it was her debut in the mcu 

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gorjesspazze9

• X~MoviePoP

• BNF91

• Broken

half a Billion on its 2nd week! Another Marvel Smash 

Edited by Gorjesspazze9

Not that good in the US.. $67,300,000 2nd week (-63%)

Edited by Sweetestsecret

I enjoyed it, running time was a bit too long but nonetheless good.  

It's criminal Angela Bassett has never won an Oscar.

2nd WOC-centered film to hit $400 mil WW (minus cartoons)

after the chinese Hi Mom.

Edited by fridayteenage

This was outstanding. I have literally no critiques for it at all, I was enthralled from start to finish. There was some truly magnificent acting here, particularly from Angela Bassett. What an amazing tribute to Chadwick, that was also filled with just so much more. I absolutely loved it.

So are we flopping again? Marvel really needs to get their sh*t together or else the secret wars will bomb. :biblio:

44 minutes ago, Jude said:

So are we flopping again? Marvel really needs to get their sh*t together or else the secret wars will bomb. :biblio:

Girl flopping where? This is making $875M-925M. That will put Wakanda Forever at least $250M in the green. 

Tracking well ahead of Doctor Strange 2 domestically now too. 

Thankgiving boost seems to be happening!!!

That 2nd Monday drop looking beautiful!

4 hours ago, Jude said:

Obviously this is not flopping. :skull:

whoever said this is flopping...

Thanksgiving week is really going to kick in...

And it has NO competition until Avatar...

300M cleared yesterday (tuesday november 22nd) and seems to get to 400M easily in max a couple of weeks.

I can see it ending at around 450M-500M US and double that WW

Taking into account that this had no china or russia this time around... it's an AMAZING result

On 11/20/2022 at 1:27 AM, Bey'Knight said:

The lack of action critique is the most nonsensical to me. I seriously roll my eyes when I see it. I’m guessing it’s coming from comic book fanboys who are only in it for the thrill. It’s not a video game lol. 

No it’s too long to be so dry of thrills. Same problem I had with Endgame. It wasn’t bad but it wasn’t better than the first one at all. 

2 hours ago, chris1991 said:

Outpacing civil war! Period!

And people talking about flop.... SMH

Obviously the first one's numbers are unrealistic... But nowadays... 700M domestically is something that I can't see even Avatar doing that. 

I think TopGun is going to be the last to get there 

20 hours ago, Jude said:

"Flopping" 600M in 2 and a half weeks. 300 Million domestically. 

Well, obviously I was being dramatic when I said it's flopping. I was just expecting this to do on par with No Way Home. 

8 hours ago, Jude said:

Well, obviously I was being dramatic when I said it's flopping. I was just expecting this to do on par with No Way Home. 

you realise that No Way Home is the 3rd biggest gross of all time domesticaly and #6 WW right??

The first movie did 600M $ less than No Way home... How is the sequel gonna do those numbers without China and Russia???

Wakanda Forever will be a huge success if it gets near 1B

Edited by zzmyth

https://www.the-numbers.com/movies/custom-comparisons-extended/Black-Panther-Wakanda-Forever-(2022)/Doctor-Strange-in-the-Multiverse-of-Madness-(2022)/Spider-Man-No-Way-Home-(2021)#tab=day_by_day_comparison

It's in between Doctor Strange and No Way Home Right now.

And Doctor Strange was at 342M by the end of it's 3rd weekend.

I can see this closing 400M by the end of the week (If not above it)

This movie was boring af, carried by strong performances from everyone. Storyline seemed rushed and just thrown together. Truly the worse movie in phase 4

44 minutes ago, XAMJ said:

This movie was boring af, carried by strong performances from everyone. Storyline seemed rushed and just thrown together. Truly the worse movie in phase 4

Far from being the worst. :ahh: Imagine thinking this!

4 minutes ago, chris1991 said:

Far from being the worst. :ahh: Imagine thinking this!

All the other ones have far better repeat viewing , I have 0 desire to watch this **** show again considering the original is something that has so much replay value. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.