Black Panther: Wakanda Forever | November 2022

Blood Magic

4 hours ago, X~MoviePoP said:

Why does everyone keep saying its too long or slow...i felt like it was giving us moments to breathe and think. 

It takes FOREVER to get going, and then it ends. Horrible! None in my group liked it

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gorjesspazze9

• X~MoviePoP

• BNF91

• Broken

Just got out the theater. Phenomenal Movie. Acting Performances, Cinematics, Emotions, Action,Ect. It all was on point and delivered. 

Spoiler

The Great:

Pretty much everything was well crafted. The Respect for Chadwick through the entire film without feeling emotional baiting. The powerful portrayal of black females; Okoye jaw-dropping fight scene on the bridge, RiRi’s Intelligence that jumpstart the conflict and her comedic presence , and Shuri actually having the most emotional development since Wanda. The power Struggle of nations and natural resources discourse was also further developed. It took itself seriously. The fights and action was also way better then previous film. Cinematography and CGI was flawless on Imax. This is how every marvel film should look moving forward. Especially Namor’s fighting moves. Looked like a comicbook fight come to life. 9/10 film on first viewing. I enjoyed everything immensely.

The Good: Namor’s nation was a threat. I was actually surprised at how insanely powerful they were. Namor was a good villain, it’s just his execution and sudden turn to wanting to drown the entire world was a little too extreme of a turn. Only reason I give the film a 9/10. That and val didn’t really need as many scenes as she got. A cute cameo about her being married to Martin Freeman would have been enough. Also I wish we got to see more of Talocan. It was gorgeous, but should have had another sequence or two to explore his kingdom. All the side characters did thier job, and the action was more then enough to outweigh these negatives for me.

The Bad: honestly only major thing is that I think the story of Namor’s origin could have been written a little better. It was fine, but kind of expected and the flashbacks didn’t really help make it as truamatic as I felt the writing wanted it to be. He basically felt like a Mexican Killmonger as some reviewers have been saying. But his fight sequences are even better than I was expecting. Can’t wait to see more of him in the MCU now! The film is also long, I didn’t feel it cuz I felt it was paced well enough. But I think they could have cut a few scenes with the CIA army agents on the boat and Val. Post credit was great, wished we got a 2nd. 

Edited by Gorjesspazze9

2 hours ago, X~MoviePoP said:

Im afraid this will flop. And it doesn't have a china release date? I think itll make 700-900 mill total worldwide 

It’s already a smash opening weekend with over $365M. And that’s just 3 days, So no worries. ?this movie ain’t flopping. 

A sequel that’s unexpectedly better than the original. Focusing on making this movie a tribute more so than another MCU addition for the continuation of the current phase paid off. The emotional tone was set from the start and all the actors carried it home throughout. I went super late last night and I was up and engaged the whole time. 

7 minutes ago, Sweetestsecret said:

$28M in previews 

:cupid: good but oh

So the global projections have been lowered from what they were initially expected and it seems it'll do less globally opening weekend than both MOM and Thor 4. Overall, I think the movie will have good legs at least until Avatar WOW comes in and takes up all the screens.

Story: :clap3:

Action: :duca:

GCI: :eek:

Namor: :jonny5:

M'baku: :turkey:

Tribute to T'challa: :bird:

Riri Williams: :coffee2:

Saw this on Imax and it was spectacular.  Tackled some real stories and emotions and had tons of action. Plus lots of MCU eater eggs and subtle setups. I will probably go see it again next week once the crowd dies down. 

sidenote: it’s 2022 and people still don’t know to shut up in the theater :rip: 

1 hour ago, Blue Rose said:

And not using their phones too. The guy next to me was using his phone for like 50% of the movie :skull: And the way him and his friends were giggling for some reason when they did the silent intro to pay respects to Boseman

1 hour ago, Stan.killah said:

Namor: :jonny5:

:jonny4: He was so hot :jonny5:

Yeah the numbers might come in a bit lower than expected but lol in no way is this a flop. This will break even and profit very easily for Marvel. Cmon lol. 

6 hours ago, Blue Rose said:

It’s movie theaters and live theatre unfortunately. The newer generations think everyone else in the theater needs to know how moved/excited they are. I think it’s only going to get worse, not better.

OT: can’t wait to see this and hopefully have a respectful audience

Beautifully done, IMO. It hit every beat for me. 
Namor was a very cool character.
The intro scene with Namor’s people was terrifying. That siren noise was scary.

Also, the scene where they showed their kingdom was gorgeous and the music was so cool.

Wright’s Shuri was incredible. The film focuses most on her grief and man it was handled beautifully.

Angela Bassett blew me away. Her energy and performance stoled every scene she was in. Just perfect, chills all over.

The ending was perfect, I cried like a baby. And the mid credit scene was unexpected, beautiful, simply perfect and gave hope for the future.

I thoroughly enjoyed it.

This was excellent :jonny5: Ryan Coogler took this in such an unexpected and interesting route I didn't expect and it all paid off. 

The moments I gasped at:

Spoiler

Not only losing T'Challa but Queen Romanda as well.  :cries:

Killmonger popping up when Shuri took the potion.  :eek:

Shuri becoming the new Black Panther.

Everett and Valentina being exes :rip:

Shuri letting Namor live :eek:

The introduction of T'Challa's son Toussaint. So cute and the fact he's named Prince T'Challa :eek:

The music was really well used here.  Lift Me Up and Born Again work way better within the context of the movie than without it. The meltdowns over both songs were so overblown on ATRL. Music was really good as a whole,  this film ATE! I'd low-key push a Best Supporting Actress nod for Angela Bassett.  Her monologue was a moment!

AMAZING MOVIE! I think it might even be my favorite MCU film.

Everything was done so well. It was a very touching tribute to Chadwick (the first and last five minutes of the movie were so emotional). I really like how they developed Shuri's character, and they did an immensely good job at introducing Namor to the MCU. The origin for his name was really creative too.

One thing I didn't like about the film though is that I think they played M'Baku for laughs too much, but this is a minor complaint. :toofunny3:

this was really good!!!

the visuals, the emotion, Namor flying had me gagged, it was just excellent :wanda:

Loved seeing JLD, was totally glad they didn't kill Namor and totally guessed the end credit scene lol

Loved everything about the movie tbh :jonny5:

I think it might be the best from the 4th phase

my only critic would be that it was somewhat long, I get the reasons but still, and also the bad CGI in some occasions 

Loved all the new characters/additions, Namor, Riri, Namora, and the city of Talokan were all great :clap3:

Spoiler

The post credit scene was beautiful, Shuri interacting with T’Challa Jr was so sweet :monkey:

Things I didn't like:

The way the queen died

The cgi of the scene before she died

Riri Williams suit

Shuri as black panther she just didn't fill out the suit enough to me

Did not connect with the opening scene just because I knew the actress wouldn't even take a vaccine so it was hard for me to get into the fact that she was this STEM girl fighting to use science to save her brother

That awful suit they put Okoye in she's more badass when she's not in it

The final fight out in the ocean

Things I did like

Angela's acting

Namor

Okoye's fight on the bridge

Lupita's character getting some shine I feel like her being a spy is so under utilized

Amazing film. Best marvel movie I’ve seen so far.

Namor can rail me ANYDAY and if daddy wants to burn the world I will be right there beside him :WAP:

the tribute scenes were beautiful and didn’t feel cheap at all. Very well done

Spoiler

Hated the CGI when the queen died. That was Dr Strange 2 levels of bad 

Just finished watching it, it was great :clap3: Namor is gorgeous :jonny2:  my new crush. In general as Mexican myself I loved the portrayal of Mayan culture in the movie :heart: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.