Pixar's Lightyear (2022) | Now In theaters

Blood Magic

As a Toy Story fan, I dont like it :doc:

is there some kind of twitter backlash happening? Whats up with the low IMDB score?

Edited by Raptus

3 hours ago, Raptus said:

is there some kind of twitter backlash happening? Whats up with the low IMDB score?

There's LGBTQ+ representation. So you know the incels are review bombing it.

Nnn it’s underperforming in box office how what’s happening :psyduck:

On 6/17/2022 at 5:51 PM, WildAmerican said:

Good premise, but thought the execution was lacking imo! pails in comparison to other more innovative Pixar efforts, but still pretty fun nonetheless!

and the Zurg twist was barely exciting at all lol

I agree. The "twist" was the first guess I had. Very uninspired. 

I really enjoyed this.

Sox was the breakout for sure. I need a pop of him in his little space ranger suit. 

The Zerg twist was a little lame but not too horrible.

The actual Lesbian representation :jonny5: That was shown for a couple scenes too, not just thrown in for 1 line. 

2 hours ago, Dingdong123 said:

Nnn it’s underperforming in box office how what’s happening :psyduck:

The last 3 Pixar skipped the cinemas altogether and you expected people to show up to the cinemas for the new one? 

Pixar used to be a brand that guaranteed people to show up to the cinemas for their new projects, it was a routine pattern and Disney ****** up that pattern.

Good luck gettin' it back on.

On 6/19/2022 at 7:50 AM, MrLovett said:

There's LGBTQ+ representation. So you know the incels are review bombing it.

Jurassic World also had LGBT representation, and it's getting fine numbers...

Just now, Mr. Loco said:

Jurassic World also had LGBT representation, and it's getting fine numbers...

My comment was referencing IMDb reviews, not the box office. It's also not directly relevant, considering one is a Disney/Pixar film that is targeted at children/families.

This was a cute movie. Nothing out of this world (no pun intended), but very cute. I was left with several questions after seeing it though, so the plot holes should have been tightened. :psyduck:

Sox was indeed the highlight. :clap3:

I loved it! a really fun and well-made movie

sox was a highlight

Hello Buzz Lightyear GIF - Hello Buzz Lightyear Sox - Discover & Share GIFs

and props to disney for the LGBTQ representation despite the movie now being banned in big markets

• 4 weeks later...

This was really really funny and I really enjoyed it! :heart: I didn't expect to like that much. :deadbanana4:  

• 2 weeks later...

Um I loved this?

I know it’s animated and I knew there’d be a same sex kiss but I was still worried this movie would be “too straight” for my liking (in terms of plot). 

I was pleasantly surprised and really enjoyed this. Gonna go look for a cute Sox plush now.

Watched this last night and it was cute. I liked the animation and the voice acting was great. Usually Pixar films hit me right in the feels, but this one didn't really. It was an enjoyable watch and certainly not terrible like some people are trying to paint it out to be.

7 hours ago, MrLovett said:

Watched this last night and it was cute. I liked the animation and the voice acting was great. Usually Pixar films hit me right in the feels, but this one didn't really. It was an enjoyable watch and certainly not terrible like some people are trying to paint it out to be.

Watch it yesterday on Disney+, agreed. Very fun movie, nothing more. Kind of refreshing to see Pixar just do a straightforward adventure. Just a bit hollow with a couple story missteps.

Definitely did not warrant the backlash/WOM it received. Conservatives and their fragility to seeing two women build a life together for all of 30 seconds on-screen. Sad. 

Spoiler

Thinking back now I really wish we got more awesome action scenes with Buzz and Alisha at the start. 

Also, the animation was just.. stunning. Best I've ever seen. Pixar's animation tech is still unmatched. 

This was really cute,  I enjoyed it :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.