Dune: Part 2 | Starring Timothée C., Zendaya, Austin Butler| 95% RT | Now Playing!

James_Dean

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BNF91

• James_Dean

• illia

• mystery

Top Posters In This Topic

Mid-April, Dune is the longest running top 10 of the year so far in DVD/BluRay sales. Still #5 on BluRay and #8 on DVD after 14 weeks :jonny5:

Disc sales have surpassed 700k, #3 of 2022 so far. This will cruise past 1M DVD/Blurays in North America alone. 

Dune is still #2 on the overall streaming/Disc sales charts in the UK only behind the Spiderman No Way Home avalanche. :deadbanana2:

Also still #5 on YouTube like, 4.5 months after release :clap3:

4 hours ago, Hilly said:

I apologize in advance for the person I will become once this drops.

Just glad it isn't Barry Keoghan tbh. 

Florence will be in her bag. This young cast will definitely help pull more young ppl to see this in theatres. I'm so excited for some scenes to be put to screen. Now that this is doing a global release instead of the staggered release of Part 1, the opening weekend will be massive! If everything goes right, the global OW could be in the range of $230-280M ($65-90M domestic, $160-200M OS). 

Far out final gross prediction: $570M (170/400) low-end, $750M (250/500) high-end. 

• 3 weeks later...

It’s coming. He’s coming :WAP:

lately they've really been trying to make austin butler happen huh?

16 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

Is he good??

I would say so and he will look incredible in Denis' visual style. Of course it will be subjective but I imagine most people would be quite pleased with this casting.

19 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

Is he good??

He's an iconic actor. Plays a lot of villains. 

3 minutes ago, BNF91 said:

I would say so and he will look incredible in Denis' visual style. Of course it will be subjective but I imagine most people would be quite pleased with this casting.

1 minute ago, publikcitizen said:

He's an iconic actor. Plays a lot of villains. 

PERCHED!

gSaABOw.gif

Wow just keeps getting more and more stacked, perched! 

Dune Home Video update 

Dune is still sitting at #13 overall for the May 15th charts after debuting on January 11th:clap3: Most releases that have come out well after it have fallen below and out of the top 20 (Ghostbusters, Matrix 4, West Side Story, Gucci, Eternals, Halloween Kills, The King's Man, Scream, The 355, Jackass Forever, etc). The only release with more longevity olright now on the charts is No Time to Die. Dune has even outlasted Venom 2 :alexz:

It is holding quite remarkably and is the #2 best selling Blu-Ray of 2022 so far. #3 overall (DVD/BluRay) 

Still #12 on YouTube after nearly half a year (Dec 2nd 2021 release).

It is still #4 on the home entertainment charts in the UK after over 5 months now. No Way Home might fall below it this coming week. Sequel's gonna be huge there. 

Edited by BNF91

Just read the book again and I am so excited for the sequel. Interested to see how some of the big action portions are adapted and how Hans will score them. 

• 1 month later...

just read the second and third books.

i...can't see people who aren't stans being interested/satisfied at all.

i also am confused why florence pugh signed on to such a thankless role.

Edited by fridayteenage

16 hours ago, fridayteenage said:

just read the second and third books.

i...can't see people who aren't stans being interested/satisfied at all.

i also am confused why florence pugh signed on to such a thankless role.

They are most likely expanding some roles from the second half of the first book and cutting others. I don't think they plan on adapting the second and the third book for now. Denis expressed a desire to make a movie from the second one to make it a trilogy but it seems like he would want to end it there. For now it is only the first book being made into two movies.

• 2 weeks later...

DEADLINE: ‘Dune: Part Two’ Ramping Up Production This Month

Some location shots have already been done in Italy at the Brion tomb. 

tomba-brion.jpg

Full shooting starts in Budapest on July 21st. The release date has also been delayed by a month from October 2023 to November 17, 2023. 

Edited by mystery

Austin butler is on fire lately. He deserves it though, his performance in Elvis was truly next level. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.