Heartstopper | Season 3 releasing in October

Gossip_Boy

The show wasn‘t my thing tbh but the soundtrack is perfection, an indie/alt-kid dream (Tomberlin, girl in red, chloe moriondo)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• publikcitizen

• Bloo

• Lovett

• Gui Blackout

On 4/23/2022 at 12:12 AM, Monster Megamind said:
  Hide contents

Not to be presumptuous, but why would a straight guy hang out with 3 LGBT people. 

Spoiler

Hey. So one of my best friends is Straight, like has a baby with a woman pure straightness and his 3 best friends all ended up being LGBT. But we’ve been friends since we were children.  And it’s never bothered him at all and we still pretty much hang out with him in straight spaces as much as he comes with us in really gay spaces. It’s very rare but not that uncommon 

I saw this on my Netflix recommendation and decided to check it out

And I'm offended, Netflix is low-key being homophobic to me. Like how old do they think I am? I'm way too old and cynical for this **** :lmao:

I want to stream it all just to show support for more lgbt leading stories but this is just not for me.

I'm gonna get flack for this but lgbt high-schoolers deserve "Sex Education" level of writing for their lgbtq lead shows, not this.

This was cute. Was kinda getting invested on Elle and Tao story, even though I ended up finding Tao annoying. 

Finished & I love it!! this was sooo cute 

The cast was good, thank good they finally did real teens that does not look like models this & Sex Education are the only teen series where they did a fanatstic job

Will there be a season 2?

also the "am i gay quizzes" are literally so relatable, i took dozens when i was 13-14 :dies:

• ATRL Moderator
13 minutes ago, Eóghan said:

And I'm offended, Netflix is low-key being homophobic to me. Like how old do they think I am? I'm way too old and cynical for this **** :lmao:

I want to stream it all just to show support for more lgbt leading stories but this is just not for me.

I'm gonna get flack for this but lgbt high-schoolers deserve "Sex Education" level of writing for their lgbtq lead shows, not this.

I get where you're coming from but I have to disagree just a little. Sex Education is a wonderful show but it's not the most consistent and has its own faults particularly with its LGBTQIA+ storylines. Sure this could be considered saccharine, but it's not poorly written or acted. There's a reason it is receiving the acclaim it is. It's refreshing watching a narrative that is so full of hope and innocence as opposed to more typical queer tropes. 

• ATRL Moderator

This show had no right to be that damn good. I'm a mess right now.

oprah-crying.gif

Wanted to push Tao off a building several times throughout its runtime, though.

• ATRL Moderator
2 hours ago, WildAmerican said:

also the "am i gay quizzes" are literally so relatable, i took dozens when i was 13-14 :dies:

That was probably the most specifically gay moment of the show. The way we all did that as teenagers. :rip: 

I remember picking the obviously "straight" answers and go to bed feeling proud of my clearly authentic heterosexuality. :deadbanana4:

Its purpose was to be cute and it definitely was to me. Loved it.

• ATRL Moderator
11 hours ago, ChapelHooker said:

GOD NO, why??? let queer content be unrealistic and happy and positive. there are a **** ton of dark gay shows and movies, we NEED more things like this. yes, it's a fantasy, but it's literally fiction.

THANK YOU!! When I was a kid, the first movie with a prominent gay character I saw was Prayers For Bobby. It's a great movie. But it's depressing as hell. Edge of 17 was as well. LGBTQ people should be able to have fantastically cute and optimistic stories. I think there's value in art that shows us the world we can aspire to have. Is Heartstopper realistic? No. But I don't always go to movies for realism. 

12 hours ago, ChapelHooker said:

GOD NO, why??? let queer content be unrealistic and happy and positive. there are a **** ton of dark gay shows and movies, we NEED more things like this. yes, it's a fantasy, but it's literally fiction.

Yes!!!!! Thank you.

Watched this in one sitting with my boyfriend the other day. We loved it.

Spoiler

I went out yesterday and came home to him re-watching the whole thing by himself. :rip:

8 hours ago, Yves said:

Watched this in one sitting with my boyfriend the other day. We loved it.

Hide contents

I went out yesterday and came home to him re-watching the whole thing by himself. :rip:

how dare he lol

11 hours ago, Eóghan said:

ma'am how old r u?

i'm 45 and loved it

its super cute and fluffy, sumtimes u need fluffy in ur life

Yea this was great, gonna rewatch tomorrow with a friend. Hopefully they can stretch it to 3 seasons!

• ATRL Moderator
10 minutes ago, AM98GJ said:

Yea this was great, gonna rewatch tomorrow with a friend. Hopefully they can stretch it to 3 seasons!

I'm down for this so long as the seasons aren't about giving us a traumatic break-up story arch. From what I've heard, there are good storylines from the comics where Nick and Charlie support each other through other real-life problems (e.g., unsupportive family members, mental health, etc.). I hope that direction. If they get cheap with future episodes and just milk the relationship and possibly breaking it up, I won't be happy. 

Basically, I just don't want this show to become another Love Victor.

13 hours ago, Eóghan said:

I disagree.

I thought it was refreshing to have a simple teen story not clouded by sex and drugs like every other show out there.

Like, the present generation are having the lowest rates of sex and drug use in schools and yet if you look at shows like Sex Education and Elite you come out thinking the complete opposite :rip: 

1 hour ago, Bloo said:

I'm down for this so long as the seasons aren't about giving us a traumatic break-up story arch. From what I've heard, there are good storylines from the comics where Nick and Charlie support each other through other real-life problems (e.g., unsupportive family members, mental health, etc.). I hope that direction. If they get cheap with future episodes and just milk the relationship and possibly breaking it up, I won't be happy. 

Basically, I just don't want this show to become another Love Victor.

Alice Osman (who wrote the graphic novel) wrote all the episodes and is the Showrunner, as long as that stays the case I have faith.

• ATRL Moderator
13 minutes ago, ChapelHooker said:

Alice Osman (who wrote the graphic novel) wrote all the episodes and is the Showrunner, as long as that stays the case I have faith.

That's good. As long as they're at the helm, I think this could make for a very important piece of queer media. I'm hoping they explore more with Elle's background. I am so happy she is a main character and is played by a trans actress. I hope Tao becomes more tolerable and enjoyable in the future if he's going to be a love interest for Elle.

(I'm also hoping we learn more about Isaac because that boy was a damn mystery throughout this first season.)

6 minutes ago, Bloo said:

That's good. As long as they're at the helm, I think this could make for a very important piece of queer media. I'm hoping they explore more with Elle's background. I am so happy she is a main character and is played by a trans actress. I hope Tao becomes more tolerable and enjoyable in the future if he's going to be a love interest for Elle.

(I'm also hoping we learn more about Isaac because that boy was a damn mystery throughout this first season.)

agreed. Tao isn't as brash in the novel so idk why they made that decision but it was definitely a bit grating. not as much as that haircut though, someone on the hair department had a vendetta. and I do want more of Elle but please dear god, no flashback scenes or anything like that. let her be trans in peace.

Isaac isn't in the graphic novel; I actually really like him just being in the background. feels like a realistic introverted character to me. I loved him in the bowling scene though, so a bit more of that wouldn't be bad.

also, the AUDACITY of them to use I Belong in Your Arms in that final scene... as if I wasn't an emotional wreck already.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.