• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Slayer

• livelikemusic

• ithinkheknowsoutsold

• Dream

• 1 month later...

TNT has finally begun airing the high definition remaster in 16:9! It's about damn time!

I'm meeting Holly, Rose and Shannen in a couple weeks :jonny6:

MY dream power of three :heart:

I love watching the reruns on TNT! I still remember watching it weekly as it aired on the WB :jonny:

23 hours ago, The Slayer said:

I'm meeting Holly, Rose and Shannen in a couple weeks :jonny6:

MY dream power of three :heart:

Drag Alyssa.

The three episode run from The Eyes Have It -> Sympathy For The Demon -> A Witch in Time whew :msmarvel: 

Season 5 the masterpiece that you are :jonnycat:

• Like 1

On 4/24/2023 at 6:28 PM, Lexiel said:

Drag Alyssa.

I was planning on giving subtle shade that they are the true power of three :fan:

• 2 weeks later...

So I meet Rose, Shannen, Holly, Brian and Drew on Saturday :jonny6:

1 hour ago, The Slayer said:

So I meet Rose, Shannen, Holly, Brian and Drew on Saturday :jonny6:

Tell us more!!! :jonny5:

1 hour ago, Miley Cyrus said:

Tell us more!!! :jonny5:

I'll update you guys after I meet them, my first comicon :jonny6:

Just now, The Slayer said:

I'll update you guys after I meet them, my first comicon :jonny6:

Oh sorry my bad I read that as 'met' instead of meet :rip: 

Enjoy the con :gaycat4:

@Miley Cyrus

Soooooo, I met them and omg they were all absolutely amazing!

Rose is literally the sweetest person ever, she really listened and at one point she grabbed my hand and held it while I was talking to her about something personal. She gave me a massive hug and we took selfies together. I went on the second day of the con and she she was 'HEYYYY, we meet again' and was so so sweet, like it was unreal. I met her quite a few times throughout the weeked (auto/photo sessions), when it was my trio photo she came rushing up to me saying omg hey and came hugged me and brought me over to Shannen and Holly. The next day she signed my Charmed trio picture of me with her, Holly and Rose and she was telling me how good I looked. I can't say enough nice things about Rose. She was talking about how she had been quite sick for the past two years and is finally getting better, she seemed like she was in SUCH a good place, it was so nice to see. She was my favourite of the weekend, she just radiated so much warmth:heart:

All of the Charmed cast had HUMONGOUS lines to meet them, the demand :jonny6:

Holly was likewise super, super sweet and is even more hilarious in person. Such a lovely woman, she spelled my name incorrectly and got a new photo and signed it with a sweet message. I saw her a lot of the weekend too and was just lovely, I saw her on the second day to sign my trio picture that I took with them and she said i'll spell your name right today and winked, I was surprised she remembered me as they literally saw hundreds and hundreds of people. I even said 'wow i'm shocked you remembered' and she said ofcourse! I did not realise how much work it is that they do on these cons, it looks exhausting, she was obviously tired by the end of the day but kept going and had a smile on her face for the fans! I was alone with Shannen and Rose and it was just us while Rose was getting water and it was just so nice speaking to them, Holly was so cute and just grabbed me and saying how nice it was to see me again.

Shannen was also lovely, she was visibly tired though and took a few breaks (which was understandable). You can see she found it a lot, she even said to me on the Saturday that it had been a long day for her. She did a cheeky laugh when I told her this was my power of three (without Phoebe)  :fan:

I can't say enough nice things about these three.

Also, omg Brian was SOOOOO chatty and is so bubbly. Such a genuinely nice man, pure good vibes. He kept talking and talking, he properly took the time out to just chat, he was loving it and was in his element. He was like 'I'm going to Canterbury where they do the chocolate', I said are you sure it is Canterbury and not Cadbury and he realised :deadbanana2::fan: Love him.

Drew is so hot in person, he was also extremely talkative and such a joker. Another really nice guy and has a lot of time for you.

They all took their time to properly talk to you, which was so nice. Also it was so nice to see them all interact with eachother during their signings, going up to eachother and chatting and having jokes, they truly are all close. Rose in particular out of three probably took the most time with each person.

I got selfies with all of them, as well as professional photographs and autographs! All worth it and such an amazing experience.

Also someone passed out meeting Brian and Holly so medics came and got a wheel chair for them :deadbanana2:

---

In regards to the Charmed Q&A panel, we were not allowed to record it.

The most interesting parts:

- Shannen said Holly hasn't worked with her favourite line-up of the Power Of Three yet, hinting at Prue, Piper and Paige - it was insanely obvious this is what she meant :jonny6: As someone asked Holly what her favourite Power of Three was and Shannen butted in and asked do you mean 'Prue, Piper and Phoebe' or 'Piper, Paige and Phoebe' and then said Holly hasn't worked with her favourite line-up :fan: They all laughed and looked at eachother and Holly said 'somebody take this mic away from me', so she didn't have to confirm or deny :fan:

- Shannen said we may see something from this line-up, Prue, Piper and Paige one day, it sounded like they were doing something - not necessarily a reboot or anything but definitely something from what she was hinting.

- They were asked what a reboot would look like if they had their say and they said 'you're looking at it' - Prue, Piper, Paige, Leo and Chris. More shade :fan:

- Rose confirmed she is working on a second book.

- Shannen said she had been writing too, perhaps a book too?

- Rose was asked what it was like when she was asked to join a show that known to be 'toxic' on set. Literally everyone gasped when they got asked :fan: Holly hilariously said again 'somebody take this mic from me' :fan:. Rose said 'LALALALALA' to try block it out and said all I heard was Toxic by Britney Spears and Rose began singing like 20 seconds to Toxic to everyone and we all LOVED it. Rose said in all seriousness something along the lines of it was mostly good despite some toxic-ness, hinting at Alyssa.

- Rose said she was so proud to be a part of the Charmed family and for giving her a family, she loves seeing there are people of different races, shapes, sizes, genders loving Charmed. She said playing Paige has given people who felt like the odd one out to relate to her and she's heard like that and she can relate to Paige on that front.

It was genuinely such a hilarious panel, I could say so much more but those were the main bits!

Summary:

All of the cast were incredible and amazing to meet, Rose was my favourite of the weekend :heart:

Edited by The Slayer

How do you guys rank the sisters? For me:

1. Paige

2. Prue

3. Piper

4. PhoeME!

On 5/15/2023 at 2:44 PM, The Slayer said:

@Miley Cyrus

Rose is literally the sweetest person ever, she really listened and at one point she grabbed my hand and held it while I was talking to her about something personal. She gave me a massive hug and we took selfies together. I went on the second day of the con and she she was 'HEYYYY, we meet again' and was so so sweet, like it was unreal. I met her quite a few times throughout the weeked (auto/photo sessions), when it was my trio photo she came rushing up to me saying omg hey and came hugged me and brought me over to Shannen and Holly. The next day she signed my Charmed trio picture of me with her, Holly and Rose and she was telling me how good I looked. I can't say enough nice things about Rose. She was talking about how she had been quite sick for the past two years and is finally getting better, she seemed like she was in SUCH a good place, it was so nice to see. She was my favourite of the weekend, she just radiated so much warmth:heart:

Holly was likewise super, super sweet and is even more hilarious in person. Such a lovely woman, she spelled my name incorrectly and got a new photo and signed it with a sweet message. I saw her a lot of the weekend too and was just lovely, I saw her on the second day to sign my trio picture that I took with them and she said i'll spell your name right today and winked, I was surprised she remembered me as they literally saw hundreds and hundreds of people. I even said 'wow i'm shocked you remembered' and she said ofcourse! I did not realise how much work it is that they do on these cons, it looks exhausting, she was obviously tired by the end of the day but kept going and had a smile on her face for the fans! I was alone with Shannen and Rose and it was just us while Rose was getting water and it was just so nice speaking to them, Holly was so cute and just grabbed me and saying how nice it was to see me again.

Shannen was also lovely, she was visibly tired though and took a few breaks (which was understandable). You can see she found it a lot, she even said to me on the Saturday that it had been a long day for her. She did a cheeky laugh when I told her this was my power of three (without Phoebe)  :fan:

Also, omg Brian was SOOOOO chatty and is so bubbly. Such a genuinely nice man, pure good vibes. He kept talking and talking, he properly took the time out to just chat, he was loving it and was in his element. He was like 'I'm going to Canterbury where they do the chocolate', I said are you sure it is Canterbury and not Cadbury and he realised :deadbanana2::fan: Love him.

Drew is so hot in person, he was also extremely talkative and such a joker. Another really nice guy and has a lot of time for you.

They all took their time to properly talk to you, which was so nice. Also it was so nice to see them all interact with eachother during their signings, going up to eachother and chatting and having jokes, they truly are all close. Rose in particular out of three probably took the most time with each person.

I got selfies with all of them, as well as professional photographs and autographs! All worth it and such an amazing experience.

Also someone passed out meeting Brian and Holly so medics came and got a wheel chair for them :deadbanana2:

---

- Shannen said Holly hasn't worked with her favourite line-up of the Power Of Three yet, hinting at Prue, Piper and Paige - it was insanely obvious this is what she meant :jonny6: As someone asked Holly what her favourite Power of Three was and Shannen butted in and asked do you mean 'Prue, Piper and Phoebe' or 'Piper, Paige and Phoebe' and then said Holly hasn't worked with her favourite line-up :fan: They all laughed and looked at eachother and Holly said 'somebody take this mic away from me', so she didn't have to confirm or deny :fan:

- Shannen said we may see something from this line-up, Prue, Piper and Paige one day, it sounded like they were doing something - not necessarily a reboot or anything but definitely something from what she was hinting.

- They were asked what a reboot would look like if they had their say and they said 'you're looking at it' - Prue, Piper, Paige, Leo and Chris. More shade :fan:

- Rose was asked what it was like when she was asked to join a show that known to be 'toxic' on set. Literally everyone gasped when they got asked :fan: Holly hilariously said again 'somebody take this mic from me' :fan:. Rose said 'LALALALALA' to try block it out and said all I heard was Toxic by Britney Spears and Rose began singing like 20 seconds to Toxic to everyone and we all LOVED it. Rose said in all seriousness something along the lines of it was mostly good despite some toxic-ness, hinting at Alyssa.

- Rose said she was so proud to be a part of the Charmed family and for giving her a family, she loves seeing there are people of different races, shapes, sizes, genders loving Charmed. She said playing Paige has given people who felt like the odd one out to relate to her and she's heard like that and she can relate to Paige on that front.

It was genuinely such a hilarious panel, I could say so much more but those were the main bits!

Summary:

All of the cast were incredible and amazing to meet, Rose was my favourite of the weekend :heart:

Love this summary :jonny:

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Walk_Away21 said:

Love this summary :jonny:

Honestly, they were EVERYTHING.

Especially Rose, she remembered my name the second day too :jonny6:

19 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

Paige

Piper 

Prue

---

---

---

Phoebe

I need to do a re-watch this year. I been binge shows I watched as a kid a lot ever since the Pandemic. Halfway through my X-Files re-watch. And will probably go to this or 90210 next. I don’t remember who was my favorite but I think it was Phoebe cuz she was Hot:clap3:

but probably Prue as a character 

Edited by Gorjesspazze9

20 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

1. Paige

2. Prue

3. Piper

4. PhoeME!

Prue

Paige 

Piper 

Phoebe 

On 5/16/2023 at 1:44 AM, The Slayer said:

@Miley Cyrus

---

Summary:

Your experience sound wonderful.

Glad to hear that the cast beside Alyssa get along well.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I love this show. I recently rewatched it when I found out it was remastered and I forgot just how fun it was. The remaster is also beautiful; they did such a wonderful job that it felt like I was watching it for the first time ever. The first four seasons are legitimately great. I love the amount of action scenes in season 3.

Spoiler

However, season 4 is my fave because I think the show handles Prue's departure and the introduction of Paige pretty well considering the behind the scenes drama. My only gripe is that the Source is vanquished way too early and the Evil Phoebe storyline should've lasted until the 100th episode. But I know the show runners thought they were in danger of being cancelled following a ratings decline ('A Paige From the Past' to 'Lost and Bound' pulled in pretty low ratings) so they condensed two seasons into one. But that's partly why I love season 4; it's so fast-paced and has the least amount of filler. It's the only season that seems to have a coherent serialized storyline from beginning to end.

I think the tonal shift in season 5 is when the show begins its slow decline but even the first half has some great episodes like The Eyes Have It and A Witch in Time. Halfway through season 6 is when the show really loses steam, but season 8 is the only real bad season with episodes that felt very reductive.

If I had to rank the seasons: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 >>> 5 > 6 > 7 >>>>> 8

Edited by Dream

1 hour ago, Dream said:

I love this show. I recently rewatched it when I found out it was remastered and I forgot just how fun it was. The remaster is also beautiful; they did such a wonderful job that it felt like I was watching it for the first time ever. The first four seasons are legitimately great. I love the amount of action scenes in season 3.

Hide contents

However, season 4 is my fave because I think the show handles Prue's departure and the introduction of Paige pretty well considering the behind the scenes drama. My only gripe is that the Source is vanquished way too early and the Evil Phoebe storyline should've lasted until the 100th episode. But I know the show runners thought they were in danger of being cancelled following a ratings decline ('A Paige From the Past' to 'Lost and Bound' pulled in pretty low ratings) so they condensed two seasons into one. But that's partly why I love season 4; it's so fast-paced and has the least amount of filler. It's the only season that seems to have a coherent serialized storyline from beginning to end.

I think the tonal shift in season 5 is when the show begins its slow decline but even the first half has some great episodes like The Eyes Have It and A Witch in Time. Halfway through season 6 is when the show really loses steam, but season 8 is the only real bad season with episodes that felt very reductive.

If I had to rank the seasons: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 >>> 5 > 6 > 7 >>>>> 8

Spoiler

Phoebe's short descent into darkness is proof that Shannen Doherty's belief the series should move into a more serious tone is not one that went over well with TPTB, nor Holly Marie Combs & Alyssa Milano, who became producers post-Doherty's exit. To go from Phoebe becoming The Source's Queen to mermaids and leprechauns, is a major leap, and it's why the final four seasons were just... not up to par. It became too family-friendly,  and I also believe this is why comparison to Buffy the Vampire Slayer exist. Buffy went dark in its sixth season (same time the fourth Charmed season aired) and it showed what a difference of network and ability could do. Phoebe's descent into darkness should have been a major longer storyline, and it was not. Cole as The Source also went from a Level 1 to Level 10 in 2.5 seconds, and Paige's already doubtfulness of Cole just became.... over-the-top. TPTB for Charmed really derailed the series, and it is why the first four seasons are particularly GREAT!

I would put the fourth season after the third season, and put the seventh ahead of the sixth, because the seventh got rid of the Magic School bulls**t, and kind of brought a bit of serious nature back into its storytelling.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, livelikemusic said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Phoebe's short descent into darkness is proof that Shannen Doherty's belief the series should move into a more serious tone is not one that went over well with TPTB, nor Holly Marie Combs & Alyssa Milano, who became producers post-Doherty's exit. To go from Phoebe becoming The Source's Queen to mermaids and leprechauns, is a major leap, and it's why the final four seasons were just... not up to par. It became too family-friendly,  and I also believe this is why comparison to Buffy the Vampire Slayer exist. Buffy went dark in its sixth season (same time the fourth Charmed season aired) and it showed what a difference of network and ability could do. Phoebe's descent into darkness should have been a major longer storyline, and it was not. Cole as The Source also went from a Level 1 to Level 10 in 2.5 seconds, and Paige's already doubtfulness of Cole just became.... over-the-top. TPTB for Charmed really derailed the series, and it is why the first four seasons are particularly GREAT!

I would put the fourth season after the third season, and put the seventh ahead of the sixth, because the seventh got rid of the Magic School bulls**t, and kind of brought a bit of serious nature back into its storytelling.

Spoiler

Totally agree. Charmed was at its best when it combined darker storytelling with campier elements. The first four seasons nailed this but the show became way too lighthearted from season 5 onward. Even the cinematography of the show changed, with the show being brightly lit like a sitcom in seasons 5-6.

Phoebe as Queen of Evil should've been the climax of the whole show. It would've been a game changer and those final few episodes in season 4 are so good. I love We're Off to See the Wizard and Long Live the Queen. I also think they messed up the Cole as The Source storyline because at one point ('Three Faces of Phoebe'), it seems that he's being possessed by The Source's essence but then they retcon it in season 5 to completely blame him for everything that happened. But he only took in The Hollow and absorbed The Source's powers because he was trying to save the girls. :!ohno: They never acknowledge that and instead lean into the abusive stalker ex storyline in season 5, which was such an unsatisfying way to conclude his character on the show.

True about 7 bringing back darker elements compared to 6. I think I slightly prefer 6 to 7 because the budget is bigger, the set pieces are grander, and the standalones are slightly more fun. But 5-7 almost blur into one for me after the 100th episode tbh. I definitely agree that 7 felt more mature than 6.

Edited by Dream

My third favorite show after Alias and Sense8 :clap3:

Excellent rewatch value.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.