Squid Game | Season 2 releasing 2024

Gossip_Boy

EN-US_SQdGame_Teaser_Coffin_Vertical_27x

Four hundred fifty-six people, who have all struggled financially in life, are invited to play a mysterious survival competition. Competing in a series of traditional children's games but with deadly twists, they put their lives at risk to compete for a ₩45.6 billion (US$38.5 million) prize, for which there will only be one winner.

Edited by Gossip_Boy

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gossip_Boy

• fridayteenage

• Haus-Of_Mck

• X~MoviePoP

On 5/19/2022 at 4:33 PM, Gossip_Boy said:

The 25 to Adele's 21 anticipation hype :WAP:

• 3 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Gossip_Boy said:

:jonnycat:

im not sure what the point of that post was… didn’t we already know its coming back for another season?

1 hour ago, ChapelHooker said:

im not sure what the point of that post was… didn’t we already know its coming back for another season?

I don't think it was official official. It was just reported in various outlets.

i LOVED the first season but im kinda scared the second season will just ruin it

netflix has a history of renewing shows that dont need a second season at ALL cause the first one is just perfect, which ends up ruining it 

20 minutes ago, nathanspears said:

I don't think it was official official. It was just reported in various outlets.

Got it! 

18 minutes ago, kyliefever2002 said:

i LOVED the first season but im kinda scared the second season will just ruin it

netflix has a history of renewing shows that dont need a second season at ALL cause the first one is just perfect, which ends up ruining it 

I agree. I hope they don't rush a season 2 and take their time to perfect it.

I would have preferred if they just did a prologue special to explain the loose ends.

18 minutes ago, kyliefever2002 said:

i thought people had tantrums over netflix cancelling shows. now you're saying they renew too easily? hmm

1 minute ago, fridayteenage said:

i thought people had tantrums over netflix cancelling shows. now you're saying they renew too easily? hmm

well, a bunch of shows end on cliffhangers and pratically beg for another season but they dont hit the mark and netflix chops them, which is annoying

but netflix also has a history of renewing shows that were already clearly over just cause they were successful like la casa de papel, 13 reasons why and who killed sara, which ultimately made the following seasons worse cause the material was shallow 

I mean, we all knew it would come sooner rather than later. Curious to see how they expand the story :lakitu:

if Gi-Hun goes through another squid game...it's gonna serve another Hunger Games lol

This didn't need a season 2 tbh. And from what I've heard of the plot (mostly rumors) it'll probably be far worse than s1. You can always trust Netflix to go for where the money is though :gaycat6:

4 minutes ago, Billionaire said:

This didn't need a season 2 tbh. And from what I've heard of the plot (mostly rumors) it'll probably be far worse than s1. You can always trust Netflix to go for where the money is though :gaycat6:

oh wow, a business exists for money not for internet stans' opinions?

200.gif

F a series. Make it a theatrical release movie. I bet it would make over 200 million worldwide

Can’t wait for season 2. Season 1 was phenomenal damn:jonny5: who else is hyped 

Hwang added that he has only three pages of ideas so far, and the script is yet to be written. He also said that the show could be ready for release by the end of 2023 or 2024. x

I appreciate that the original creator is still involved. He spent nearly a decade on the original script though, I hope the quality can be maintained. 

What's the point of them hyping us up for something that won't debut until late next year at the earliest? :skull: 

1 hour ago, Sugar-Rush said:

What's the point of them hyping us up for something that won't debut until late next year at the earliest? :skull: 

ATRL posts about things that don’t exist all the time (Normani Album, CB2 etc). Squid2 deserved ha discussion moment. 

1 hour ago, FOCK said:

ATRL posts about things that don’t exist all the time (Normani Album, CB2 etc). Squid2 deserved ha discussion moment. 

Also Emmy voting starts this week, so they probably want to remind/hype people up for the show which dropped 9 months ago.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.