Hogwarts Legacy (2023) | PS4/Xbox One versions out!

thatsmydemi

My expectations are measured, I think it will be a low/mid 80s in Metacritic but that would be an amazing achievement and more than enough to guarantee massive success and enjoyment from anyone who cares about the lore. 

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• V$.

• Magickarp

• thatsmydemi

• Attitude

f*** that I'm preordering :jonny5:

15 minutes ago, TheSoneNavy said:

This will be better than expected. Maybe Avalanche deserves rights. :jonnycat:

I'm this close to preordering it (even though I told myself I would never preorder a game again :skull:)

I hope this game gets high 80's and doesn't get review bombed.

The 68 MC score for Forspoken has been sending me. :deadbanana2:

Edited by Starshine

5 minutes ago, Starshine said:

No kidding. I don't allow myself to buy into hype cycles, or inflated reviews, and instead just go in with no expectations. That said, I'm enjoying Forspoken a lot more than the critics seem to have.

My abolute favorite game of 2022 only averaged like a 70 on Metacritic. Tastes are very subjective. 

I am so happy to see the game getting so many positive reviews. All the YouTubers are saying nice things. I am so hyped I can’t wait I to play this game. Also I am glad ign confirmed once again that the player is allowed to be lgbtq in the game despite jk Rowling personal beliefs. I can totally see WB using the game to test future hp content to move forward without jk Rowling input since this game was created without her involvement in lore/world building. If the story is good and fans like it. Then Warner bros can start making projects without jk rowing involvement. 

Edited by Happylittlepunk

3 hours ago, Starshine said:

I hope this game gets high 80's and doesn't get review bombed.

The user review score on Metacritic is definitely gonna get review bombed. :skull:

50 minutes ago, Happylittlepunk said:

I am so happy to see the game getting so many positive reviews. All the YouTubers are saying nice things. I am so hyped I can’t wait I to play this game. Also I am glad ign confirmed once again that the player is allowed to be lgbtq in the game despite jk Rowling personal beliefs. I can totally see WB using the game to test future hp content to move forward without jk Rowling input since this game was created without her involvement in lore/world building. If the story is good and fans like it. Then Warner bros can start making projects without jk rowing involvement. 

Finally! We needed that 8th book like yesterday.

Did "She Who Must Not Be Named" have any involvement on this?

Anyways, do I hate her? Yes. Do I still love this world? Yes. So I will probably buy it. At the end of the day, I am pretty sure I am also filling the pockets of many other horrible persons with my every day actions/consumptions/purchases.

58 minutes ago, Happylittlepunk said:

They can't make anything without her. If the game has not her involvement it's because they asked her and she said i don't care you can do it without me, i'm only taking the money.

But they need her approval to make anything. No one can write an HP book since she's still alive and even after  for 70 years you will need the approval of the estate she's gonna indicate. 

Of course a video game is a video game, she won't let anyone to write a book or even a tv series without her. 

Edited by vale9001

3 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

They can't make anything without her. If the game has not her involvement it's because they asked her and she said i don't care you can do it without me, i'm only taking the money.

But they need her approval to make anything. No one can write an HP book since she's still alive and even after  for 70 years you will need the approval of the estate she's gonna indicate. 

Of course a video game is a video game, she won't let anyone to write a book or even a tv series without her. 

I mean I know you’re right. However, it been said before she isn’t involved in the game and a lot of the world building in the game was done by the staff. If she was she wouldn’t be approving of player being allowed to be non binary in the game or identify as anyone from lgbtq. Like you said she probably might doesn’t care since it’s a video game but you probably right about everything else like tv shows and movie projects she probably has to be involved. 

6 minutes ago, Happylittlepunk said:

I mean I know you’re right. However, it been said before she isn’t involved in the game and a lot of the world building in the game was done by the staff. If she was she wouldn’t be approving of player being allowed to be non binary in the game or identify as anyone from lgbtq. Like you said she probably might doesn’t care since it’s a video game but you probably right about everything else like tv shows and movie projects she probably has to be involved. 

It's not like she's anti lgbtq or against non binary people. She Is against the idea trans women should compete in women sports, they should use same room of women etc.  Of course you can find these positions wrong too and disapprove her beliefes but there Is nothing strange if there are non binary characters or LGBT characters or even trans character. It's not like She thinks trans people shouldn't be reprensent on media or shouldn't exist at all. 

Edited by vale9001

I don't want to overhype myself but I think even if it's not great I'll enjoy just walking around

The eventual mods are going to make this game so good 

Im morbidly curious at how the switch version will run :rip: there must be serious compromises in visual fidelity for it to even be playable 

I can see issues with the lighting 9:15 / 27:46 & u not being able to land everywhere, even places that seem landable 9:55, but the game looks amazing regardless. Idg how this will ever run on Switch if u can already see texture pop in on a PS5 :deadbanana4:

18 hours ago, Magickarp said:

I can see issues with the lighting 9:15 / 27:46 & u not being able to land everywhere, even places that seem landable 9:55, but the game looks amazing regardless. Idg how this will ever run on Switch if u can already see texture pop in on a PS5 :deadbanana4:

In another gameplay, another girl said that this is still the developer kit and there will be a first day patch for errors 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.