Hogwarts Legacy (2023) | PS4/Xbox One versions out!

thatsmydemi

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• V$.

• Magickarp

• thatsmydemi

• Attitude

4 hours ago, Starshine said:

I pre-ordered the game. I hope this game isn't a flop. :rip: 

It won't. The boycott isn't having much effect. It's the #1 game pre-order in a lot of countries. Poor ResetEra. :skull:

Preorders in China, Japan, and South Korea (Asia in general) have skyrocketed 

Hogwarts Legacy is #1 on Xbox

I really want to get this game because it looks incredible. But everyone (specifically on social media and even some streamers), are publicly shaming anyone who gets it. :rip:

7 minutes ago, Arcadius said:

I really want to get this game because it looks incredible. But everyone (specifically on social media and even some streamers), are publicly shaming anyone who gets it. :rip:

Spend your cash however you want to :cm:

1 hour ago, Arcadius said:

Buy it. Most of the people "boycotting" the game are still gonna end up getting it. 

Reminds me of:

noboycott.jpg

18 minutes ago, Attitude said:

Buy it. Most of the people "boycotting" the game are still gonna end up getting it. 

Reminds me of:

noboycott.jpg

This! 

2 hours ago, Arcadius said:

Buy it and rub the game in their faces :giraffe:

Nene Leakes Laughing GIF by Real housewives of Atlanta

3 hours ago, Arcadius said:

Buy it and make yourself happy.

3 hours ago, Arcadius said:

Then sadly those people have a bit of an ego complex thinking they can force people to act however they please. It's even more silly when you think about how basically everyone "sponsors" someone "evil" each day since this whole black/white thinking just isn't realistic in society....

If you want this game then just buy it, nobody should/can tell you what to do with your own money. 

6 hours ago, Arcadius said:

The same individuals probably eat from Chick-fil-A. The fake and failed social justice warriors on Twitter won't stop this game from probably outselling everything this year.

6 hours ago, Arcadius said:

Just buy it. The game looks incredible, it’s sold bucket loads already before it’s even released, and it’s going to make millions of people worldwide happy. While the Twitter boycott crew will be sitting seething on release day & they might finally realise they live in their own little online world with no real impact. I can’t wait for this game.

I wanted this game my entire life, but thanks to JKR’s shenanigans I can’t look at the Wizarding World anymore. 

It makes me sick because Harry Potter was my safe space and now it feels so dark and tainted. 

4 minutes ago, Heartbreak Prince said:

Just buy it. The game looks incredible, it’s sold bucket loads already before it’s even released, and it’s going to make millions of people worldwide happy. While the Twitter boycott crew will be sitting seething on release day & they might finally realise they live in their own little online world with no real impact. I can’t wait for this game.

It’s ok if you want to play the game, but it’s downright transphobic to attack people who feel discriminated by JKR’s incessant bigotry. 

On 1/15/2023 at 3:20 PM, feelslikeadream said:

The most popular reason is that JK Rowling is confirmed to get money from its sales, and some people would prefer not to line the pockets of a transphobic bigot. (Especially a smug one who points to her earnings as evidence that she can never be canceled.)

The 2nd issue is that the game's lead designer Troy Leavitt is a gross misogynist with far-right views. He actually was forced out of Avalanche after making a video defending men accused of sexual assault, but surely he's still getting paid for his extensive work on Legacy.

Here's what ResetEra said:

"This is a uniquely awful situation where both the creator of the IP and a senior producer on the game have unrepentant bigoted views. There will be no threads for trailers or official announcements, no hype threads, no fluff pieces about its features."

So it basically all comes down to each gamer's values, as they have to weigh the enjoyment they may get from the game with the fact that they're enriching—even in a small way per sale—bigots. But considering how gays will still eat Chik-fil-A despite their ongoing donations to LGBT hate groups, I can't imagine gaymers are going to be bothered about bankrolling transphobia. But that's the explanation for you!

Thank you for sharing the tea :heart:

3 minutes ago, Pop said:

It’s ok if you want to play the game, but it’s downright transphobic to attack people who feel discriminated by JKR’s incessant bigotry. 

Where’s the attack? It’s a fact, they will be sitting fuming because all they’ve managed to do is promote the game because they speak about nothing else.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.