Hogwarts Legacy (2023) | PS4/Xbox One versions out!

thatsmydemi

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• V$.

• Magickarp

• thatsmydemi

• Attitude

4 hours ago, Tiziano's Boy said:

10th February, 7th February if you ordered the Deluxe for early access.

b*ssy throbbing 

On 1/7/2023 at 11:11 PM, Attitude said:

lbr who's actually getting this on Switch. :skull:

Me :gaycat7:

17 hours ago, Fading said:

i will be buying a PS5 to play this. that is the impact for me

same here but with an Xbox series S :gaycat4:

I would love to buy a PS5 for this if there was one at MSRP in my country, unfortunately the scalpers (which are the stores themselves :clown:) are still selling it at 20% more even after the price hike :allears: USD $600 for the Digital edition wtf :deadbanana4: Xbox is the other option, but i literally play almost no PS games, & that number falls even lower with Xbox :clown: 

EDIT: wait my parents are in the USA atm, let me ask them to buy one :jonny5:

1 hour ago, Magickarp said:

I would love to buy a PS5 for this if there was one at MSRP in my country, unfortunately the scalpers (which are the stores themselves :clown:) are still selling it at 20% more even after the price hike :allears: USD $600 for the Digital edition wtf :deadbanana4: Xbox is the other option, but i literally play almost no PS games, & that number falls even lower with Xbox :clown: 

Have you checked the Game Pass catalogue? They are recieving a lot of games recently that were only exclusive to PS, especially (J)RPGs.

56 minutes ago, V$. said:

Hogwarts Legacy Accessibility Features

https://portkeygamessupport.wbgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/11893402078355

Amazing :weeps:, accessibility is really important to me as a disabled gamer, the text size options, subtitle enhancements, difficulty options such as turning off QTE events or making sure that I can hold the button instead of tapping it, makes it easier on my fingers due to my disability, objective reminders and guidance, these will definitely help me for sure.

I really want to play this on launch but the thought of paying $70 for this is :dancehall3:

8 hours ago, thatsmydemi said:

Have you checked the Game Pass catalogue? They are recieving a lot of games recently that were only exclusive to PS, especially (J)RPGs.

Yeah! But PS has a lot of exclusives i wanna try, like Horizon... & yeah, that's it :toofunny3: Game Pass here doesn't really have anything that interests me, only trash hetero shooters :pukey: Plus my Switch is already a JRPG machine. A Switch + PS5 just seems more well rounded than a Switch + Xbox, for me.

Also my parents managed to snag the last PS5 at Gamestop for $399 :jonny5: is2g, Hogwarts better be GOOD, or i'm joining ResetEra. 

I had pre-ordered this and then realized I didn't wanna spend the $70 (!!!!!!) bux and give them to that old hag without first knowing the game is great and worth it. I was told that it's bad in general for us to pre-order games because it gives the game developers and industry in general no incentive to actually make complete, fully realized games since they already have our money :monkey:

So I got a refund, which was complicated af to get. They did not make it easy chile. So we'll see what the reviews and users say when this comes out! It better smash or else.

9 hours ago, Venice B said:

I really want to play this on launch but the thought of paying $70 for this is :dancehall3:

Digital deluxe for pc is going for 45 in the EU/NA which i'm very surprised by for a preorder..

5 hours ago, V$. said:

:gaycat7:

Bich my Thestral Patronus :deadbanana4:

So just the wand (the house you get to choose in the game anyway :bibliahh:

14 hours ago, V$. said:

:gaycat7:

Raging, cause I wanted my Brown Hare Patronus to be there with me in the game, and also if proper ginger hair isn't in the game I will riot :biblio:

On 1/12/2023 at 4:14 AM, Magickarp said:

Let me know if you get one so I can add you! I'm in dire need for Playstation friends. :jonny6:

does console get early access too if you preordered the deluxe or is that PC only??

50 minutes ago, stevenisFADING said:

does console get early access too if you preordered the deluxe or is that PC only??

PS5 and Xbox Series S/X too, not just PC :heart2:

• ATRL Moderator
On 1/10/2023 at 5:03 PM, AbeHicks said:

I am completely out of the loop. What is problematic about the games? Why should there be a boycott?

The most popular reason is that JK Rowling is confirmed to get money from its sales, and some people would prefer not to line the pockets of a transphobic bigot. (Especially a smug one who points to her earnings as evidence that she can never be canceled.)

The 2nd issue is that the game's lead designer Troy Leavitt is a gross misogynist with far-right views. He actually was forced out of Avalanche after making a video defending men accused of sexual assault, but surely he's still getting paid for his extensive work on Legacy.

Here's what ResetEra said:

"This is a uniquely awful situation where both the creator of the IP and a senior producer on the game have unrepentant bigoted views. There will be no threads for trailers or official announcements, no hype threads, no fluff pieces about its features."

So it basically all comes down to each gamer's values, as they have to weigh the enjoyment they may get from the game with the fact that they're enriching—even in a small way per sale—bigots. But considering how gays will still eat Chik-fil-A despite their ongoing donations to LGBT hate groups, I can't imagine gaymers are going to be bothered about bankrolling transphobia. But that's the explanation for you!

4 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

The most popular reason is that JK Rowling is confirmed to get money from its sales, and some people would prefer not to line the pockets of a transphobic bigot. (Especially a smug one who points to her earnings as evidence that she can never be canceled.)

The 2nd issue is that the game's lead designer Troy Leavitt is a gross misogynist with far-right views. He actually was forced out of Avalanche after making a video defending men accused of sexual assault, but surely he's still getting paid for his extensive work on Legacy.

Here's what ResetEra said:

"This is a uniquely awful situation where both the creator of the IP and a senior producer on the game have unrepentant bigoted views. There will be no threads for trailers or official announcements, no hype threads, no fluff pieces about its features."

So it basically all comes down to each gamer's values, as they have to weigh the enjoyment they may get from the game with the fact that they're enriching—even in a small way per sale—bigots. But considering how gays will still eat Chik-fil-A despite their ongoing donations to LGBT hate groups, I can't imagine gaymers are going to be bothered about bankrolling transphobia. But that's the explanation for you!

Ah, thanks for clearing that up! Now I get it.

IDCpWth.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.