Hogwarts Legacy (2023) | PS4/Xbox One versions out!

thatsmydemi

22 minutes ago, Companion said:

This game makes me more enthusiastic about getting a nintendo switch. What yoy guys think? It is worth getting switch for this and zelda and animal crossing?

I'd wait to see what the Nintendo Switch version looks like. Do you have any other consoles?

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• V$.

• Magickarp

• thatsmydemi

• Attitude

On 1/25/2023 at 7:47 PM, rta1913 said:

Did "She Who Must Not Be Named" have any involvement on this?

Anyways, do I hate her? Yes. Do I still love this world? Yes. So I will probably buy it. At the end of the day, I am pretty sure I am also filling the pockets of many other horrible persons with my every day actions/consumptions/purchases.

Down to the journalist killing Saudi Government having stocks in Nintendo :gaycat6:

3 hours ago, Otter said:

I'd wait to see what the Nintendo Switch version looks like. Do you have any other consoles?

No tbh. I dont use any platform besides my pc for gaming. I am not much of a gamer but I do like to play AAA titles time to time. I want to play something fast and quick and easy to carry. Will they downgrade the graphics on switch for Hogwarts Legacy?

3 hours ago, Companion said:

Will they downgrade the graphics on switch for Hogwarts Legacy?

hmm well duh of course

tenor.gif 

although I appreciate your candid comment since it's not the millionth:

iTs nEvR gOInG tO RuN oN sWItCh :lAugH eMOji:

65324bb3906b6865f904a72f8f8a908541-16-sp 

now that's the cringe nobody asked for.

especially since the switch version will be released at a later date with much better optimization and less bugs than all the other versions at launch because of the less demanding graphics. 

21 minutes ago, Companion said:

No tbh. I dont use any platform besides my pc for gaming. I am not much of a gamer but I do like to play AAA titles time to time. I want to play something fast and quick and easy to carry. Will they downgrade the graphics on switch for Hogwarts Legacy?

Well yes, that's why the Switch is getting it way after every other console. 

7 minutes ago, Price of Fame said:

Well yes, that's why the Switch is getting it way after every other console. 

do you know when it’s coming out on switch and if it’s running on a switch lite (asking for my bf) 

3 hours ago, ScorpiosGroove said:

do you know when it’s coming out on switch and if it’s running on a switch lite (asking for my bf) 

25th of July 2023, might run on a Switch Lite, but I doubt it as the OG Switch’s hardware is more powerful

4 hours ago, Eóghan said:

hmm well duh of course

tenor.gif 

although I appreciate your candid comment since it's not the millionth:

iTs nEvR gOInG tO RuN oN sWItCh :lAugH eMOji:

65324bb3906b6865f904a72f8f8a908541-16-sp 

now that's the cringe nobody asked for.

especially since the switch version will be released at a later date with much better optimization and less bugs than all the other versions at launch because of the less demanding graphics. 

Yeah idk much about how graphics work on switch and other consoles. I am fine if the game doesnt depend on graphics to be enjoyable. I am even okay with 1996 tomb raider triangular boobs graphics if the gameplay is entertaining.  There is not many major aaa games on switch so I will take anythig at this point :johnald:

1 hour ago, Tiziano's Boy said:

25th of July 2023, might run on a Switch Lite, but I doubt it as the OG Switch’s hardware is more powerful

thank you ! one more reason to switch to a better console then :celestial4:

47 minutes ago, ScorpiosGroove said:

thank you ! one more reason to switch to a better console then :celestial4:

Disregard what I said about the processors, both Switches are have the exact same processor, but you'd be better with a console, either PS5 or Xbox Series S/X, PC even.

I can’t wait for this game to be one of the best selling games of the year. Maybe the BoYcOtT train will finally get a grip. 

Oh my

On 1/26/2023 at 6:47 AM, rta1913 said:

Did "She Who Must Not Be Named" have any involvement on this?

Anyways, do I hate her? Yes. Do I still love this world? Yes. So I will probably buy it. At the end of the day, I am pretty sure I am also filling the pockets of many other horrible persons with my every day actions/consumptions/purchases.

She didn’t have any involvement but will make money from it. It’s complicated and the staff who worked on the game don’t deserve to suffer because of her. Like I recently saw Harry Potter and the Cursed Child and one of the lead actors (playing Scorpius) was Transgender non-binary. Do they not deserve a job just because JKR is a horrible cow?

Like you said I unless you completely go off the grid, you will be supporting some terrible person one way or another (the Good Place actually showcased this really well but I’m going way off topic).

OT: I’m excited for the game but this thread title is insensitive to the Trans community and unnecessary 

Edited by Robert

Stream the inspiration behind the title and don't worry, it will be changed as soon as the game is out

On 1/28/2023 at 7:23 AM, ButterflyXIII said:

Ok, thanks for sharing. I ordered the Collector’s Edition because people told me not to.

:lmao:Dropping $300 to prove a point to a stranger on the internet? On what appears to be a 6/10 game? :lmao: It took me four days to remember you quoted me, I hope it was worth it! 

I think the "boycott" increased sales more than it harmed them. It's serving Morgan Wallen. :skull:

7 minutes ago, Attitude said:

I think the "boycott" increased sales more than it harmed them. It's serving Morgan Wallen. :skull:

This has been evident for a while. The game is already doing stupid numbers on Steam, all the while some random Twitter accounts are still screaming “don’t buy it!!!12!”, which in turn is making other people just pre-order it to spite them. :toofunny2:

17 minutes ago, Heartbreak Prince said:

This has been evident for a while. The game is already doing stupid numbers on Steam, all the while some random Twitter accounts are still screaming “don’t buy it!!!12!”, which in turn is making other people just pre-order it to spite them. :toofunny2:

jk stays winning :clap3:

1 hour ago, Attitude said:

basically the Pokemon effect

Pokemon stans have been planning boycotts for two gens and sales have skyrocketed instead :toofunny2:

28 minutes ago, thatsmydemi said:

basically the Pokemon effect

Pokemon stans have been planning boycotts for two gens and sales have skyrocketed instead :toofunny2:

Except one is about the game being buggy and unfinished and the other is about transphobia and fascism. 

Celebrating the failure of a JKR boycott is celebrating the success of transphobia. 

It is not the same. 🏳️‍⚧️

59 minutes ago, Pop said:

Except one is about the game being buggy and unfinished and the other is about transphobia and fascism. 

Celebrating the failure of a JKR boycott is celebrating the success of transphobia. 

It is not the same. 🏳️‍⚧️

Tell them! 

• ATRL Moderator

I removed the title due to its offensive nature.  Anything else about the “no boycott” will be warned appropriately. 

On 1/28/2023 at 7:33 AM, Companion said:

This game makes me more enthusiastic about getting a nintendo switch. What yoy guys think? It is worth getting switch for this and zelda and animal crossing?

I-... would not recommended playing on Switch. It's going to be 540p, have long load times, and maybe have compromises. Playing on the go is cute, but it's probably not going to be the best experience.

OT, I'm holding out for a month or so. All these open world games often have tons of glitches on release, so I'll wait til they sort it out and get a cute price drop. Pray I can stay strong.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.