Hogwarts Legacy (2023) | PS4/Xbox One versions out!

thatsmydemi

WELCOME TO THE HOGWARTS LEGACY THREAD.

hogw01.jpg

DESCRIPTION

Hogwarts Legacy is an immersive, open-world action RPG set in the world first introduced in the Harry Potter books. Now you can take control of the action and be at the center of your own adventure in the wizarding world. Embark on a journey through familiar and new locations as you explore and discover fantastic beasts, customize your character and craft potions, master spell casting, upgrade talents, and become the wizard you want to be.

Experience Hogwarts in the 1800s. Your character is a student who holds the key to an ancient secret that threatens to tear the wizarding world apart. You have received a late acceptance to the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and soon discover that you are no ordinary student: you possess an unusual ability to perceive and master Ancient Magic. Only you can decide if you will protect this secret for the good of all, or yield to the temptation of more sinister magic.

Discover the feeling of living at Hogwarts as you make allies, battle Dark wizards, and ultimately decide the fate of the wizarding world. Your legacy is what you make of it.

RELEASE DATES: 

XBOX SERIES X/S | PS5: February 10

XBOX ONE | PS4: April 4

NINTENDO SWITCH: July 25

Edited by thatsmydemi

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• V$.

• Magickarp

• thatsmydemi

• Attitude

Already booked my day off work to play :jonny4:

they better stick to this release date

At one point, wasn't this rates T for teen? Now it's not rated yet. They better not have it be rated E. My excitement will drop hard.

Oh wow that collectors edition..

I doubt any of these bonuses are worth it tbh, although the early access does sound nice 

So glad this is coming out for the Switch! 

It looks SO good omg I hope it doesn't disappoint!

I just wish we could be older (18+) in a Wizarding World experience. It feels weird playing as a kid nn

32 minutes ago, Venom said:

Can this come out already

Ikr? I remember seeing leaked stills from this game years before the official confirmation of it existing, then bought a PS5 in late 2020 when they announced this for a 2021 release. The most recent delay to 2023 ticked me off but I'm trying to be patient. :sadviolin:

1 hour ago, ExtraChapstick said:

Ikr? I remember seeing leaked stills from this game years before the official confirmation of it existing, then bought a PS5 in late 2020 when they announced this for a 2021 release. The most recent delay to 2023 ticked me off but I'm trying to be patient. :sadviolin:

I finally got a PS5 and then literally the day after it arrived they announced the 2023 release ?

12 minutes ago, Venom said:

I finally got a PS5 and then literally the day after it arrived they announced the 2023 release ?

:deadbanana: They announced the delay from 2021 to 2022 within a month or two of me getting mine so I feel you.

Thankfully, I have an extensive backlog and other upcoming games to keep me busy, but I'd drop them all for Hogwarts Legacy if it would FINALLY come out... If there's another delay between now and release, I swear! Lmao.

What are you playing in the meantime?

Edited by ExtraChapstick

:deadbanana: They announced the delay from 2021 to 2022 within a month or two of me getting mine so I feel you.

Thankfully, I have an extensive backlog and other upcoming games to keep me busy, but I'd drop them all for Hogwarts Legacy if it would FINALLY come out... If there's another delay between now and release, I swear! Lmao.

Barely have about two weeks or so with my ps5 and haven’t had time to play anything. But it came with Horizon so I’ll be checking it out soon!

1 hour ago, BODERLINE said:

I can't believe they're actually porting this to the Switch :rip: 

I can't either. I don't know how it's going to be possible unless it's a cloud version.

15 minutes ago, Venom said:

Barely have about two weeks or so with my ps5 and haven’t had time to play anything. But it came with Horizon so I’ll be checking it out soon!

Enjoy! That's on my backlog. I've played a bit of the first Horizon and loved it, but I was trying to juggle it with too many other games and things going on in life at the time.

I can't either. I don't know how it's going to be possible unless it's a cloud version.

If it's not a cloud version, I can't imagine it won't be downgraded a ton to get it to run :rip: 

12 minutes ago, BODERLINE said:

If it's not a cloud version, I can't imagine it won't be downgraded a ton to get it to run :rip: 

Based on the scale they're aiming for, I can't even imagine how much downscaling would be needed for it to work. I shudder to think about it. ?

Unless they're developing a Switch version with a completely different art style and development approach, which is unlikely.

Is the collector's edition being rumored to be $300 or is that confirmed? :rip:

I'll probably get the deluxe 

7 hours ago, ExtraChapstick said:

This is exactly where I'm at too. So glad I had the foresight to save Elden Ring in my backlog  for the inevitable delay. It would have been magical to play this game during the holidays though.

--

The Collector's edition is awful. I was actually going to get it, but I will stick with the digital deluxe.

34 minutes ago, Auraeolux said:

This is exactly where I'm at too. So glad I had the foresight to save Elden Ring in my backlog  for the inevitable delay. It would have been magical to play this game during the holidays though.

--

The Collector's edition is awful. I was actually going to get it, but I will stick with the digital deluxe.

It really would have, but I'm hopeful it transports us in February nonetheless. I'm sticking with the Digital Deluxe as well.

What I'm most intrigued by for the time being is how the sorting is going to be handled.

Edited by ExtraChapstick

Ordered the deluxe :WAP: That collectors is not it anyway let alone the outrageous pricepoint 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.