Disenchanted (2022) | Amy Adams, Patrick Dempsey | Out Now on Disney+

Broken

I feel that this has like 0 hype :skull: hopefully it won't be panned, I need Amy to win art something at least :jonny:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lovett

• Jaimon

• ChapelHooker

• Littlejfrey

On 11/10/2022 at 5:49 PM, Littlejfrey said:

I feel that this has like 0 hype :skull: hopefully it won't be panned, I need Amy to win art something at least :jonny:

My prediction:

56% on RT 

50 on MC

Amy is cursed :gaycat6:

1 hour ago, Broken said:

My prediction:

56% on RT 

50 on MC

Amy is cursed :gaycat6:

very good for her standards tbh lately

2 hours ago, FunCoric said:

maya rudolph isnt funny at all

imagine being this wrong

I didn't even know this was coming up already, there's zero hype and promo :rip:

I feel bad for Amy at this point, she's truly cursed :rip:

The obsession with critics. :skull: Literally, who cares? It's someone else's opinion. Make your own.

I'm so excited to watch! :duca:

• ATRL Moderator

I know Amy's character sings a lot but I think there were a lot of unnecessary songs. The 'villain' of this movie feels very uneventful.

I think the concept of the sequel was great but there were a lot of scenes and songs that felt unnecessary.

But I enjoyed the ending, it was cute.

Another example of critics being an absolute waste of time. This was such a fun sequel! I loved everything about it, particularly Amy and Idina's songs. Maya was also belting for the gods! :clap3: Loved it.

MadonnasBoyfriend

It's sad atrl is so critic obsessed. Hard to find a post where someone actually watched the movie for themselves and state what they thought about... That should be the norm. if you didn't watch the movie your opinion on it is invalid ? 

Anyways It started off boring but once the spell is set it gets good. God everytime I see a bratty teenager like that being mean to their parents I'm just so glad I don't have to deal with that. Movie was a lot of fun and the concept of turning her to evil step mother was quite cute and interesting 

Edited by MadonnasBoyfriend

this was really cute. I don't know why the critics are being so harsh with it.

It's really different from the first movie, that was a romantic comedy of misunderstending, this is less a comedy and more a full musical, with a tribute to classics like Brigadoon.

It's kinda predictable and new characters feels a little bit unnecessary but i liked the second part with the switched Giselle. If you like a disney musical is not that terrible, a 6.5/10 movie.

Edited by vale9001

I'm surprised this was Menken x Schwartz because the music, to me, felt...average. The hooks just weren't there.

Just finished watching, and I actually enjoyed it a lot. it was entertaining and fun. sure it was campy and had some cringe moments, but for a fairytale Musical Sequel I think it knew it's audience. the visuals & CGI budget looked insanely Good. it was never gonna top the first film, cuz that's a legit 2000's Disney Rom-Com classic. but the visuals here looks way better then most things on Disney+. the song's were fine with Love power being the strongest. but nothing memorable for Disney Standards. Amy Adams did Great and acted well. I don't understand the critics, she was the best actress on that set. the support cast was great too, but that teenager looked like she was 23 and felt miscast. the villain Queen was kinda serving in some scenes, but the humor was hit or miss for her and her servants. the writing was cool, flipping a lot of fairytale cliches around in a meta way. Like making the princess grow up to be the wicked step-mother or the Chipmunk turning into a Cat:bibliahh:actually that chipmunk was a iconic comic relief . overall it's like a 7/10 for me. the Magic and animations is the standout for me. just wish we got more rom-com scenes between the couple, have the setting in New York, and another strong pop ballad. 

Edited by Gorjesspazze9

On 11/21/2022 at 6:52 AM, toanythingtaboo said:

I'm surprised this was Menken x Schwartz because the music, to me, felt...average. The hooks just weren't there.

My thoughts exactly. I was super surprised.

Amy was definitely the best thing about the movie. She showed up and showed out :clap3:

I have just watched the first 30min and so far it has been excellent. Love the songs too. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.