Thor: Love and Thunder (2022) | Chris Hemsworth

Broken

The way they just killed her off like that :toofunny3: 

ngl the thor ensemble lacks in talent compared to Captain America/Black Widow/Iron Man ensemble

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gorjesspazze9

• BNF91

• Donquizote

• Arcadius

A lot of Jane & Valkyrie moments were left out of the film for a shorter run time. There were 2-3 moments of them hanging out that was cut. Multiple Scenes of Gorr killing Gods across the universe were also removed for the final version. 
I actually think Sam Raimi’s  Illuminati deaths are how the Gods deaths should have been filmed here. 

9 hours ago, Zerocoke said:

This was abysmal. Like yeah, I laughed out loud several times but man, wtf. I felt like I was watching a parody like Scary Movie or Date Movie. What a mess. 

The plot is paper thin. Literally nothing happened and 90% of the movie was showed in the trailers. Also, Thor's arc was rubbish - it felt really promising from the trailers, but it didn't end up being about him going on a journey of self-discovery. 

How is Gorr the MCU's best villain? He had like 5 minutes of screen time after his introduction in the beginning. 

I liked Jane's Mighty Thor, but there wasn't enough time to build up her character and chemistry with Thor. 

Yeah, I agree with all of this.

The movie was campy, corny and fun, so it can probably considered good on the entertainment factor, but that doesn't change the fact that the plot and character evolution are almost non existent.

What bothered me the most is that this movie feels like it's almost in its own dimension despite appearances from the previous Thor's movies and from the MCU in general. They felt just that: guest appearances, which is particularly weird for Jane considering she should be co-lead or something like that.

Gorr was a good villain for the screen time he got, which was very little.

Not that it would've elevated it substantially, but I think the movie would've benefited from 20-30 minutes more to explore Jane and Gorr a little more.

Overall a pleasant watch, but not a satisfying MCU entry, especially for Phase 4.

8 hours ago, lovecatt said:

yeah i felt that way about MoM too, like theres too many outside hands touching it. It just feels like they're too concerned with all of the MCU baggage & not letting the directors just do their thing or something.

I actually feel the other way around. I honestly think they’re giving directors and writers more freedom than ever, which is why phase 4 films feel more different and disjointed than ever.

They also cooking up 500 different shows and movies at the same time so how the *** can they follow up on everything.

What’s most concerning to me is that Taika would honestly think this is a fantastic movie that’s better than Ragnarok, and that Feige would approve it. They also specifically mentioned that it tested really well with audiences in screen tests and like, how.

But yeah, Kevin Feige should be worried. He can’t afford 4 out of the 6 phase 4 movies (so far) to have some of the worst scores and ratings (though both shangchi and spider man 3 have some of the best ever). The disney shows are not helping either.

anywayss, who honestly watched Love and Thunder at marvel and disney and thought it was good? Were they blind?

Worst movie of phase 4. The best part is when Christian Bale was on the screen. What were they thinking… it was fart joke after fart joke (not literally but you know what I mean)

Hum...I felt like this movie was a parody?

The comedy kept clashing with the more serious nature of some of these themes.

I never felt they were in any danger...

And not them bringing that character again just to die :dies:

Honestly this phase has been such a mess. I truly think the Eternals was the only actual different thing they gave us.

The fact the best phase 4 movie so far was the Sony movie says alot to me :dies:

I loved loved loved this movie

da goats alone has me gaggin

Loved Natalie & Tessa interacting 

da hammer and da axe ? 

yo I spent over $20 for imax and it was so worth it. 

I wish we did see more of da gods being killed but overall it was funny and full of action 

They should've done a Jane Mighty Thor D+ series first then had it move into Love and Thunder. The Gorr the God Butcher and Mighty Thor comics are both big comics so trying to squeeze them into one movie just made everything rushed.

yeah i don't know how to feel with this one, with MoM, my mom and I at least discuss it after watching the film, but with this, we just moved on :deadbanana2:the fact that his montage journey with GoTG was more interesting nnn and the way Jane suddenly joined that fight with a sudden connection with Valk... show us, don't tell us.

Gorr was interesting but yeah, could've used more god murdering

Tell me how I saw this at 3:15pm and I was dozing off constantly for the first 45 minutes or so. 

Christian Bale carried this movie on his back. 

After reading the comments here, I'm glad I didn't waste my money for this sh**. :coffee2:

1 hour ago, Arcadius said:

They should've done a Jane Mighty Thor D+ series first then had it move into Love and Thunder. The Gorr the God Butcher and Mighty Thor comics are both big comics so trying to squeeze them into one movie just made everything rushed.

This!

I also didn't particularly enjoy that they changed

Jane being actually worthy of using Mjolnir (as in the comics) because the only reason to her becoming the Mighty Thor was reduced at Thor asking the hammer to protect her. I'm surprised Grace didn't comment on that, I thought she'd be upset about it.

15 minutes ago, Hephaestus said:

This!

I also didn't particularly enjoy that they changed

Hide contents

Jane being actually worthy of using Mjolnir (as in the comics) because the only reason to her becoming the Mighty Thor was reduced at Thor asking the hammer to protect her. I'm surprised Grace didn't comment on that, I thought she'd be upset about it.

AGREED. I was also upset we never got to see Jane actually transform into Mighty Thor. In the comics the shot of her holding Mjolnir up while in her hospital gown and sick and transforming into this powerful Goddess was iconic. Just so many missed moments imo.

It’s clear Marvels recent films have been critically scored low, but MOM got the same score and both audiences scored are still in the high 80’s. The general public favors outweigh the critics, keeping Marvel a juggernaut in the box office. At the end of the day money is what pays the actors, Director’s and staff’s bills. And the MCU films this year are making way more then last, sans NWH. So should we partially blame Kevin for giving the producers to much freedom? This time last year critics were complaining about the marvel formula , that every film felt the same? I’m fine with this phase building up, the writers just need to do better at connecting narratives. 

Edited by Gorjesspazze9

Cinemascore for Phase 4

Black Widow A-

Shang Chi A

Eternals B

SM3: NWH A+

DS2: MoM B+

Thor 4: L&T B+

2 hours ago, tiagol88 said:

Hum...I felt like this movie was a parody?

The comedy kept clashing with the more serious nature of some of these themes.

I never felt they were in any danger...

And not them bringing that character again just to die :dies:

Honestly this phase has been such a mess. I truly think the Eternals was the only actual different thing they gave us.

The fact the best phase 4 movie so far was the Sony movie says alot to me :dies:

this.

I don’t think freedom has anything to do with the problem considering this movie was originally 4 hours and was cut to half of that. I genuinely think things are feeling rushed both in shows and movies. I think Loki and Shang Chi are the only two phase 4 products were the third part doesn’t feel as if they’re running to end it already. Feige is trying to do too much at the same time, it happened with Eternals, it’s happening with most MCU shows that only have 6 episodes and by the 5th one you can feel there’s still a lot of things unexplained, it happened with MOM making Wanda le bad instantly and reducing the ending to a “you can do it” monologue and it’s happening with Thor L&T trying to do 2 comic plots at the same time. 

3 minutes ago, M André said:

I don’t think freedom has anything to do with the problem considering this movie was originally 4 hours and was cut to half of that. I genuinely think things are feeling rushed both in shows and movies. I think Loki and Shang Chi are the only two phase 4 products were the third part doesn’t feel as if they’re running to end it already. Feige is trying to do too much at the same time, it happened with Eternals, it’s happening with most MCU shows that only have 6 episodes and by the 5th one you can feel there’s still a lot of things unexplained, it happened with MOM making Wanda le bad instantly and reducing the ending to a “you can do it” monologue and it’s happening with Thor L&T trying to do 2 comic plots at the same time. 

It still incredible how with so many TV shows that aren't needed they didn't think a TV show with 10 episodes introducing each one of the Eternals wasn't necessary. 

They just threw them all in a movie like that 

11 minutes ago, tiagol88 said:

It still incredible how with so many TV shows that aren't needed they didn't think a TV show with 10 episodes introducing each one of the Eternals wasn't necessary. 

They just threw them all in a movie like that 

It’s because Feige thought that movie was going to give them an Oscar nom. :deadbanana2: Just like he thought MOM was going to be like NWH. This is what I mean, I don’t think the directors are the problem, it’s Feige not doing a good job in this phase.

not the Cinemascore being lower than Thor 2:gaycat6: it's (L)over

Edited by terrorblade

I'm gonna wait to judge for myself, I'll admit Ragnarok was underwhelming upon my first viewing but I grew to really appreciate it so perhaps this'll be similar in the sense that the initial reaction is more muted. That being said, I'm ecstatic to see Natalie, she better have some badass scenes in this or I'll riot  

15 minutes ago, Ampersand13 said:

I'm gonna wait to judge for myself, I'll admit Ragnarok was underwhelming upon my first viewing but I grew to really appreciate it so perhaps this'll be similar in the sense that the initial reaction is more muted. That being said, I'm ecstatic to see Natalie, she better have some badass scenes in this or I'll riot  

You will riot

They way I was SUPER HYPED for this phase and it ended up being very MID/LOW. None of these projects met the standard I had set based on previous phases.  Marvel must have lost some talent behind the scenes because child…this quantity over quality isn’t working for me.

Eternals, huge talent….terrible

MoM…Fun Wanda moments but messy af

Jane…her comic story is Amazing…doesn’t seem to have been done well. 

BW…Okay, why was this needed?

Wandavison, Spider-Man  & Shang Shi are the best projects from this overall phase. 

Projections falling again to $270-290M WW opening after just $30M Overseas Friday. Can this make $700M in the end?

Budget revealed to be a hefty $250M too.. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.