• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gorjesspazze9

• BNF91

• Donquizote

• Arcadius

The reviews were ruthless :skull: I'll wait for this to appear on Disney+. 

It seems like MCU has lost its touch ever since Endgame. The way I thought Zhao would slay with Eternals.

17 hours ago, rta1913 said:

So the 4th album curse also affects franchises? Since this is phase 4...

the series have all been well received by critics, but the movies :rip: The only mega and sure fire hit was Spiderman, and that's largely thanks to the bases built by Sony. Shang-Chi had a great reception but the box office numbers... are not exactly great. Can we blame the pandemic? I am not sure. F9 and No Time to Die made more than 700 million... 

Black Widow           79%   379.7M

Shang-Chi               91%   432.2 M

Eternals                   47%   402 M

Spiderman NWH     93%   1.9 B

Dr. Strange MoM     74%   951.3 M

Thor LaT                   71%

Obviously they are not panned nor are flops but this isn't exactly what you'd expect :rip:

In any case, I am not very surprised at the reviews so far. The trailers looked very meh to me. Like the tone was way too goofy for the stories they are presumably portraying. Of course Ragnarok was better than the first two Thor movies, but I don't think it was as good as everybody else says. I am starting to feel like Thor shines more as a supporting act than a lead. His scenes in the Avengers films >>>

Black Widow, Shang-Chi and Eternals were all extremely affected by covid and its restrictions. Specially Black Widow (which made 60M on Disney + alone btw) Let's not pretend it didn't have an effect on them.

Plus, all of these movies weren't released in their 2nd biggest market: China. 

Anyway...movie of the summer is going to be Top Gun. Who would've thought? 

Edited by tiagol88

Had fun watching this - have a soft spot for Thor :eatpopcorn:

20 hours ago, rta1913 said:

So the 4th album curse also affects franchises? Since this is phase 4...

the series have all been well received by critics, but the movies :rip: The only mega and sure fire hit was Spiderman, and that's largely thanks to the bases built by Sony. Shang-Chi had a great reception but the box office numbers... are not exactly great. Can we blame the pandemic? I am not sure. F9 and No Time to Die made more than 700 million... 

Black Widow           79%   379.7M

Shang-Chi               91%   432.2 M

Eternals                   47%   402 M

Spiderman NWH     93%   1.9 B

Dr. Strange MoM     74%   951.3 M

Thor LaT                   71%

Obviously they are not panned nor are flops but this isn't exactly what you'd expect :rip:

In any case, I am not very surprised at the reviews so far. The trailers looked very meh to me. Like the tone was way too goofy for the stories they are presumably portraying. Of course Ragnarok was better than the first two Thor movies, but I don't think it was as good as everybody else says. I am starting to feel like Thor shines more as a supporting act than a lead. His scenes in the Avengers films >>>

The fact that phase 4 has been a disappointment in terms of quality apart from Shang-Chi and Spider-Man 3 :skull:

Edited by Pepo

Kinda gaggy how Wandavision, Loki and Ms Marvel are much better than the movies :rip: 

Will definitely be seeing this in theaters as I love Tessa, Natalie, Christian Bale and Chris H (as well as members of Guardians bar Chris P) but not sure if I'll be able to do it this weekend!

I absolutely loved this :jonny: 

It was so unashamedly CAMP :jonny: 

Thor’s ASS :jonny: 

She Hulk :jonny: 

The gays popping in whenever they could get a chance :jonny: 

The villain :jonny: 

The orgy talk :jonny: 

35 minutes ago, P!NK2LOVE said:

I absolutely loved this :jonny: 

It was so unashamedly CAMP :jonny: 

Thor’s ASS :jonny: 

She Hulk :jonny: 

The gays popping in whenever they could get a chance :jonny: 

The villain :jonny: 

The orgy talk :jonny: 

F*** I'm gonna hate this.  Enough,  Taika.

Seeing this tomorrow! my casual MCU friends love it and said it leans all the way into its comedy. Also seems the Rotten scores once again, haven’t effected Marvel :gaycat2:

i dont think im planning to see this in theater. can someone tell me what the end credits (in spoiler) are?

not me posting in the trailer thread :skull: lemme copy

I'm afraid MCU movies are 0/2 for me this year :deadbanana4: this was SO rushed, and the ending did not work for me at all :rip: (though I'm sure I will be in the minority and ppl will eat it up)

the mid-credits scene made me excited for Thor 5 though :gaycat2:

Anyone going to snatch the AMC Buckets? It's Mjolnir! It's $39.99 + tax (comes with popcorn included) and my theater is restricting to 2 sales (thank god) per person. 

Also have my IMAX 3D (first showing of the day at my local AMC) showing tomorrow!

It’s a 5/10 for me

It has it’s moments but it’s not a great movie at all.

The final of Thor and MoM is a total rip off from WW84 final act :rip: DC always win somehow  

Edited by navykesha

uhh... :rip: I think it's a 6/10 for me

I didn't like it at all, quite a few cringey moments, Thor's cheeks >>>>>

tbh every phase 4 movie is meh, they're not bad but not great either. this one has too many cringey jokes. There are some nice cameos tho.

Bale was great as a villain but the character story is trash

The only good part was when they met Zeus + the post credit & after credit

Edited by Hans.

I watched it yesterday. As a marvel comics/mcu fan I’m disappointed. I loved Thor ragnarok (in my opinion one of the best movies from phase 3) and I love taika waititi but this time it was more centered on humor than the storyline, even the main antagonist gorr (and his weapon) wasn’t that convincing even if Christian bale performance was really great. I loved to see Natalie portman even if I didn’t find mighty Thor convincing too. Anyway lot of humor and funny scenes who probably will  please general public 

I like it, cringey jokes at some parts but thats still acceptable

11 hours ago, Cherish said:

Anyone going to snatch the AMC Buckets? It's Mjolnir! It's $39.99 + tax (comes with popcorn included)

Sis why would a bucket of popcorn cost that much :biblio:

OT: my boyfriend is forcing me to watch it in the theaters today :dancehall3:

I hope it won't suck cause the trailers ain't it. And I hate Natalie :grump:

I don't want to watch this on theater, but my grindr hook up wants me to accompany him to theater today to watch this :deadbanana4: We'll see.

Edited by Donquizote
edit

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.