Thor: Love and Thunder (2022) | Chris Hemsworth

Broken

Thor is now just behind the Batman for the 5th biggest film of the year:keir:It passed Ragnorok domestic, and all-time sans China. ?but I thought Marvel was Over? 

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gorjesspazze9

• BNF91

• Donquizote

• Arcadius

2 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

Thor is now just behind the Batman for the 5th biggest film of the year:keir:It passed Ragnorok domestic, and all-time sans China. ?but I thought Marvel was Over? 

It is far from over, but I think that criticism is more about being a major pop culture event, but tbh, it was only Black Panther/Infinity War/End Game/WandaVision who reached that level. 

13 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

Love And Thunder can surpass Batman in 2-3 weeks on box office!!

• 2 weeks later...

:gaycat:$750,000,000

2 Massive films for Marvel this year. Will Wakanda Forever follow suit? :gaycat4:
another thread of Number experts being wrong 2 times in a year. ? 

yeah I’m rubbing it in to those calling 1.7 Billion in box office revenue this year a “underperforming” year for Marvel. :toofunny2:All they can say is, but it didn’t do a billion ?

On 8/22/2022 at 3:48 AM, OreGuy said:

It is far from over, but I think that criticism is more about being a major pop culture event, but tbh, it was only Black Panther/Infinity War/End Game/WandaVision who reached that level. 

and Spidermane

Thor officially passed $750M at the box office :gaycat::bibliahh:

Marvel always wins. It’s also 19M away from passing Batman. Remember when people said this was a flop? ? and how the excuse of “but the budget is 200M”. Even tho nearly every film in the entire top 5 has the same exact budget :toofunny2:  

Edited by Gorjesspazze9

I started watching it on Disney+ and stopped half way through. One of the worst Marvel movies to date. There's a joke every 10 minutes which makes the movie feel like just a long joke. :rip: Jane, a master scientist, discussing which cringy punch lines she should use was embarassing to watch.

:rip:Marvel isn’t even trying at this point. This is a total **** show. they’re just putting stuff out to make quick coin! It was horribly written, worse than some of the stuff on the CW!

Finally watched this movie and while there were some good moments (mostly the serious ones), this was not a good movie overall. It had a lot of potentials but Taika went way overboard with with cringe humors. 

I fell asleep twice trying to watch this :skull:. I think I have 20 minutes or so left but it has been boring so far. 

I don't get why people loved Ragnarok but hated this. The comedy felt in line with the last film. 

1 hour ago, Roman Holiday said:

I don't get why people loved Ragnarok but hated this. The comedy felt in line with the last film. 

Exactly, they're both trash :giraffe:

$9M away from passing Batman and becoming the 2nd biggest comic book film of the year, and the 5th biggest film of the the year:gaycat: 

also Doing great on Disney+ viewing 

So… watched it the other night and rewatched it today. I know that a good percentage was improve. I know that it was largely filmed during the Covid restrictions.

• The green screen/background was so off it wasn’t funny. You could absolutely tell that the main characters were edited on top of a background.
  • The New Asgard set looked cheap.
  • The improv didn’t work for most of the scenes.
  • Christian Bales Gorr wasn’t directed right. It almost felt like they were trying to make him like the Joker. In the scene with Valkyrie, Jane, and Thor, he should have been emotionless during the parts he was manic, and emotional when talking about his daughter. Doing the special effect where he moved to confront some of the characters at almost a super speed rate, and adding some smoke-ish effects would have really made him a darker, more intense villain. 

Overall, it could have been a much better movie with better editing, an actual script, and… idk. Some actual direction instead of the free-for-all clusterfuck that we got. So many good storylines were wasted in this movie. It’s a real shame since Ragnarok was SO good and this was SOOOO bad. Idc what happened, whoever handled editing, lighting, and vfx should be fired. 

5 hours ago, loveisdead9582 said:

So… watched it the other night and rewatched it today. I know that a good percentage was improve. I know that it was largely filmed during the Covid restrictions.

• The green screen/background was so off it wasn’t funny. You could absolutely tell that the main characters were edited on top of a background.
  • The New Asgard set looked cheap.
  • The improv didn’t work for most of the scenes.
  • Christian Bales Gorr wasn’t directed right. It almost felt like they were trying to make him like the Joker. In the scene with Valkyrie, Jane, and Thor, he should have been emotionless during the parts he was manic, and emotional when talking about his daughter. Doing the special effect where he moved to confront some of the characters at almost a super speed rate, and adding some smoke-ish effects would have really made him a darker, more intense villain. 

Overall, it could have been a much better movie with better editing, an actual script, and… idk. Some actual direction instead of the free-for-all clusterfuck that we got. So many good storylines were wasted in this movie. It’s a real shame since Ragnarok was SO good and this was SOOOO bad. Idc what happened, whoever handled editing, lighting, and vfx should be fired. 

I thought the same and haven't seen anybody mention it till now. The whole movie looked CHEAP, like an episode of a TV show on the CW :deadbanana: you could tell New Asgard was one of those sets made out of cardboard cutouts :rip:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.