Thor: Love and Thunder (2022) | Chris Hemsworth

Broken

30 minutes ago, BNF91 said:

Who said anything about passing in its first two weeks? I'm talking about the final total gross. Nobody said a word about "every Marvel film needing to cross 1B". These past two films were marquee MCU features that had prerelase expectations obviously higher than the likes of Eternals, Shang-Chi, etc. Two key Avengers returning to their respective solo films after Endgame grossed nearly $3B. You need to read again because I'm also not comparing them to Endgame either. You're so worked up that you're not even comprehending what's being discussed.. 

Love and Thunder has already written its trajectory and it's range of $700-800M is not an increase from Ragnarok. Look at the CinemaScores, like its objectively a bit divisive and if you actually knew anything about box office runs you would realize that dropping to $8M opening Thursday after a near $150M opening weekend is not good. 

Like, chill. Ya'll start freaking out if anyone doesn't sing the praises of the MCU. I'm gonna stop giving numbers/analysis on these films because it's so irritating getting in arguments over objective numbers/data with fragile stans. 

gqCjZq4.gif

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gorjesspazze9

• BNF91

• Donquizote

• Arcadius

And yet still the #1 movie today

Jumped up to #8 Top Grossing films of 2022.?the way y’all always lose. 

Edited by Gorjesspazze9

This was abysmal... It should have Eternals' RT score.

Edited by Life Savers

That was really awful. Didn't laugh to any jokes they made there. The storyline was boring. The fight scenes were lame. Chris Hemsworth lost his hotness. 

Spoiler

And that child he adopted was annoying af. And the thunderbolt weapon was pretty uneventful. 

Worst MCU movie to date.

The movie itself was a choice…..:rip:

Spoiler

I know everybody said this about MoM but this movie was also camp, there were some awful moments like, but also some great ones like:

• The scene where they fight in only black and white
  • When Gorr is talking to Valkyrie about how the gods also failed her and how she lost all her sisters (the valkyries) and she sheds a tear:monkey:
  • The scene when Jane first drops the Mjölnir and you can see her deteriorating state :dancehall:
  • When Jane breaks the necrosword
  • Jane passing away
  • The Gorr scene with Eternity, the visuals were on point
  • Zeus and Hercules in the first post credits scene

That said there were also some main issues like too much humor, Valkyrie is kinda wasted here, Taika keeps making Thor have this dumb kid personality, it was too short, Korg is annoying, the ******* screaming goats were annoying, Gorr needed more screen time, the VFX were questionable at points, overall it was cornier than Ragnarok but the fighting sequences and action weren’t  as good as in it, expect Jane’s, she totally stole the movie

Gorr’s daughter was meh, and the kids, specially Heimdalls son, were annoying and corny :deadbanana2:

Overall I’d give 68/100, I hope that the re watches get better :celestial5:

Thor Moves up as the #7 Top grossing film of the year, before it’s 2nd weekend ends. 

Seems like the B cinema score and “Bad Legs” hasn’t effect it from breaking even and making pure profit. 

Also,

Spoiler

I can't help but to awfully cringe during the fight scenes between the kids and the shadow monsters. Like wtf was that? One of the worst scenes in film history. 

Natalie Portman saved this

This is a horrible drop and there is no way to spin this to be good, the word of mouth is catching up to it... I don't see it crossing 800m.

MCU second weekend domestic drops: 

- 44.7% Black Panther - 111m
- 47.2% Thor - 34m

- 48.1% Iron Man - 51m
- 49.5% Doctor Strange - 42m
- 50.3% The Avengers - 103m
- 51% Spider-Man: Far From Home - 45m 
- 53.5% Thor: Ragnarok - 57m
- 54% Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings - 34m 
- 55.3% Guardians of the Galaxy - 42m
- 55.5% Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 - 65m
- 55.5% Avengers: Infinity War - 114m
- 55.7% Captain Marvel - 67m
- 56.5% Ant-Man - 24m
- 56.6% Captain America: The Winter Soldier - 41m
- 57.3% Thor: The Dark World - 36m
- 57.7% Avengers: Endgame - 147m
- 58.4% Iron Man 3 - 72m
- 59.4% Iron Man 2 - 52m
- 59.4% Avengers: Age of Ultron - 77m
- 59.5% Captain America: Civil War - 72m
- 60.1% The Incredible Hulk - 22m
- 60.7% Captain America: The First Avenger - 25m
- 61.6% Ant-Man and the Wasp - 29m
- 62.2% Spider-Man: Homecoming - 44m
- 62.3% Eternals - 26m
- 64.8% Black Widow - 25m
- 67% Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness - 61m
- 67.5% Spider-Man: No Way Home - 84m

By gross: 

- 58.4% Iron Man 3 - 72m
- 59.4% Iron Man 2 - 52m
- 48.1% Iron Man - 51m
- 47.2% Thor - 34m
- 62.3% Eternals - 26m
- 56.5% Ant-Man - 24m

By phase: 

Phase One: 

- 47.2% Thor - 34m
- 48.1% Iron Man - 51m
- 59.4% Iron Man 2 - 52m

Phase Two 

- 56.5% Ant-Man - 24m
- 58.4% Iron Man 3 - 72m

Phase Three 

Phase Four 

- 62.3% Eternals - 26m

Edited by mystery

13 hours ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

Thor Moves up as the #7 Top grossing film of the year, before it’s 2nd weekend ends. 

Seems like the B cinema score and “Bad Legs” hasn’t effect it from breaking even and making pure profit. 

I'm sorry but are you seriously comparing a 250m massive franchise film with the Disney machine behind it to:

The Northman- directed by Robert Eggers who is known to make disturbing slow films :dies:, the fact that it grossed 68m on a 70m budget and being the movie that it is is pretty good
The Black Phone - a 18m child kidnapping horror film that managed to gross x6 its budget and is most definitely profitable
The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent - an action comedy starring Nicholas Cage in 2022...

all these three films have a combined budget of 118m compared to Thors 250m (not including marketing).

Edited by mystery

10 minutes ago, mystery said:

This is a horrible drop and there is no way to spin this to be good, the word of mouth is catching up to it...

Recent MCU second weekend domestic drops: 

- 56.5% Ant-Man - 24m
- 62.3% Eternals - 26m

:rip: 5

18 minutes ago, mystery said:

This is a horrible drop and there is no way to spin this to be good, the word of mouth is catching up to it...

Recent MCU second weekend domestic drops: 

- 56.5% Ant-Man - 24m
- 62.3% Eternals - 26m

Yes there is. It’s total 60% decline, Making 13 million yesterday. It will gross half a billion by the end of the weekend. Negative Wom  hasn’t stopped it from breaking even and making pure profit. It’s negative press trying to descredit it with 80% drop headlines. Docter strange had the same thing and ended up making nearly a billion 

Edited by Gorjesspazze9

1 minute ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

Yes there is. It’s total 51% decline, Making 13 million yesterday. It will gross half a billion by the end of the weekend. Negative Wom ain’t hasn’t stopped it from breaking even and making pure profit. It’s negative press trying to descredit it with 80% drop headlines. 

It is pacing for a 68% - 70% drop not 51%, I don't know where you got that number from. It is challenging for the worst second weekend drop in the history of the MCU, if you think that is a good sign for its future gross then I don't know what to tell you. 

1 minute ago, mystery said:

It is pacing for a 68% - 70% drop not 51%, I don't know where you got that number from. It is challenging for the worst second weekend drop in the history of the MCU, if you think that is a good sign for its future gross then I don't know what to tell you. 

Exactly not 80%. It’s bad, never said it was good. Call it frontloaded, but it’s already a success for Disney. ?‍♀️

3 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

Exactly not 80%. It’s bad, never said it was good. Call it frontloaded, but it’s already a success for Disney. ?‍♀️

The post that I sent is correct. It is a 80.2% drop from the previous Friday. 

1st Friday - 69.5m 
2nd Friday - 13.8m -80.2%

Edited by mystery

Another Week as the #1 movie of the year! As Thor makes $415M in 9 days. 

1 minute ago, mystery said:

The post that I sent is correct. It is a 80.2% drop from the previous Friday. 

1st Friday - 69.5m 
2nd Friday - 13.8m -80.2%

Yeah for Friday domestic. Not for the weekend. Witch isn’t what was stated in first comment 

17 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

Yeah for Friday domestic. Not for the weekend. Witch isn’t what was stated in first comment 

I'm sorry I think I lost you there???? What are you talking about? :biblio: You mentioned 51% then corrected to 60% saying it is not 80% like the tweet is saying. 

To be clear: 

the tweet clarified that Friday to Friday domestic drop is -80.2% the weekend to weekend domestic drop is projected to be - 68% to - 70%

We are talking about the domestic box office here not global weekend. Domestic numbers are being discussed because it is its biggest market and will account for more than half of its box office. 

2 hours ago, mystery said:

I'm sorry I think I lost you there???? What are you talking about? :biblio: You mentioned 51% then corrected to 60% saying it is not 80% like the tweet is saying. 

To be clear: 

the tweet clarified that Friday to Friday domestic drop is -80.2% the weekend to weekend domestic drop is projected to be - 68% to - 70%

We are talking about the domestic box office here not global weekend. Domestic numbers are being discussed because it is its biggest market and will account for more than half of its box office. 

It's not worth it sis. Don't bother. 

After that worldwide plunge I think $700M might be the final total, hopefully. The OS 2nd weekend was only $60M including the France debut.. Jesus. :deadbanana4:

This film will be lucky to gross 700m which makes it the first MCU film that will fail to outgross its predecessor. 

5 hours ago, Swiftie07 said:

This film will be lucky to gross 700m which makes it the first MCU film that will fail to outgross its predecessor. 

It's already grossed over $700M. :rip:

I mean the trailers alone were a snooze, glad I skipped this

That said, MCU's decline (Phase 4) is still much better and way less damaging than the declines of Harry Potter (Fantastic Beasts), Star Wars (Solo), etc.

They just got lucky with No Way Home's brilliant nostalgic gimmick

They literally just need to reintroduce the X-Men and the GP will be hyped again (I know everyone keeps saying this but it's the truth)

gqCjZq4.gif

Saw this yesterday. It was okay, but it definitely felt out of place or unusual in a way I can’t explain. I don’t know. Could’ve used a stronger storyline for sure.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.