• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gorjesspazze9

• BNF91

• Donquizote

• Arcadius

this is getting MoM level reviews, man MCU is losing its power with the critics 

The consensus seems to be that it’s a fun movie but leaves a lot to be desired. It’ll probably rank in the high 70s/low 80s range on RT.

seeing it on Wednesday :eli:

Men in the comments said the M-She-U has destroyed the MCU and this will flop:ace: 

the way this movie making no noise and now panned Taika really ruined Thor. 

So the 4th album curse also affects franchises? Since this is phase 4...

the series have all been well received by critics, but the movies :rip: The only mega and sure fire hit was Spiderman, and that's largely thanks to the bases built by Sony. Shang-Chi had a great reception but the box office numbers... are not exactly great. Can we blame the pandemic? I am not sure. F9 and No Time to Die made more than 700 million... 

Black Widow           79%   379.7M

Shang-Chi               91%   432.2 M

Eternals                   47%   402 M

Spiderman NWH     93%   1.9 B

Dr. Strange MoM     74%   951.3 M

Thor LaT                   71%

Obviously they are not panned nor are flops but this isn't exactly what you'd expect :rip:

In any case, I am not very surprised at the reviews so far. The trailers looked very meh to me. Like the tone was way too goofy for the stories they are presumably portraying. Of course Ragnarok was better than the first two Thor movies, but I don't think it was as good as everybody else says. I am starting to feel like Thor shines more as a supporting act than a lead. His scenes in the Avengers films >>>

4 minutes ago, rta1913 said:

So the 4th album curse also affects franchises? Since this is phase 4...

the series have all been well received by critics, but the movies :rip: The only mega and sure fire hit was Spiderman, and that's largely thanks to the bases built by Sony. Shang-Chi had a great reception but the box office numbers... are not exactly great. Can we blame the pandemic? I am not sure. F9 and No Time to Die made more than 700 million... 

Black Widow           79%   379.7M

Shang-Chi               91%   432.2 M

Eternals                   47%   402 M

Spiderman NWH     93%   1.9 B

Dr. Strange MoM     74%   951.3 M

Thor LaT                   71%

Obviously they are not panned nor are flops but this isn't exactly what you'd expect :rip:

In any case, I am not very surprised at the reviews so far. The trailers looked very meh to me. Like the tone was way too goofy for the stories they are presumably portraying. Of course Ragnarok was better than the first two Thor movies, but I don't think it was as good as everybody else says. I am starting to feel like Thor shines more as a supporting act than a lead. His scenes in the Avengers films >>>

Shang Chi came out on Labor Day. If it had the summer release date and there was no panni, it would've did at least 2x the gross.

OT:I heard that there a 4 hour cut and Marvel forced a less than 2 hour cut on Taika

I was in a rush to watch it but now I might just wait a week.

Not another mid marvel movie :rip: this phase. 

I love Taika’s style so I’m sure I’ll enjoy it BUT critics are mostly right when it comes to editing, writing, etc (all technical aspects of making a movie) at least from my prospective.  Covid probably impacted a little of these productions. 

not Natalie tanking the MCU again like she did with Star Wars

but is anyone really surprised? the trailer let it very obvious that this movie wouldn't be good. 

Ragnarok is very overrated, I don't expect to love this either

1 hour ago, lander said:

the way this movie making no noise and now panned Taika really ruined Thor. 

ruin what Thor? the first two movies were already bad :laugh:

"dark world" is the worst mcu movie in every list. Thor is a joke movie-wise, it is what it is.

This is going to do worse than Multiverse of Madness… i knew after immediately watching the trailer that it felt too “comical”. 

Ragnarok is one of the best MCU movies so surprising that the reviews are mid so far.

also not the shows outreviewing the movies this year lmaooo

Edited by WildAmerican

Already predicted this MCU tankage outside Spiderman :alexz:

Down to 70% with like 250-300 more reviews to come. Not looking good..

Phase 4 has been mid AF. Even the highs (Shang-Chi) don't come remotely close to the highs of past phases.

Shang Chi is definitely the best movie off phase 4 because Eternals, Black Widow and MoM are all quite sloppy to a degree or another. I’m hoping this is better because I love Ragnarok. I don’t get people who don’t like Taika he revived Thor and the first two films are not good. 

11 hours ago, Arcadius said:

The consensus seems to be that it’s a fun movie but leaves a lot to be desired. It’ll probably rank in the high 70s/low 80s range on RT.

Lmao this will be rotten 

Taika OUT.

Raimi, Nolan, Gunn, Watts and the Russo brothers are the only directors with multiple acclaimed superhero projects.

I'm scared for Black Panther 2 :gaycat6:.

Looks like Marvel has another Hit on thier hands. :coffee2:

70+

Coogler/Black Panther

Favreau/Iron Man (out of 2)

Russos/Endgame, Civil War, Winter Soldier (out of 4)

Gunn/Guardians (out of 2)

Waititi/Ragnarok (out of 2)

Watts/Homecoming, No Way Home (out of 3)

Derrickson/Dr Strange

Cretton/Shang Chi

Reed/Wasp (out of 2)

Yeah. Not gonna waste my money to see this on theater. I'll wait for this to be uploaded on Disney+. The trailers didn't interest me at all. Not surprised if this flops.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.