• BNF91

• Donquizote

• Arcadius

5 hours ago, phreshprince said:

This movie was such a FLOP!!!

Fathers Day Swimming GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

a HIT

16 hours ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

It will hit Disney+ last week of August. So like when the 2nd episode of She-hulk week drops. $750M this time next week I assume. :clap3:

That means it would have to make $100 million in the next which is not happening. :deadbanana2:

It should at least crack $700M next week.

Had standard July MCU hold for the past week (Black Widow, Homecoming, Ant Man 2, all direct comparisons). I think Spidey was the only one to really develop some nice legs from here on out. Time will tell where Thor goes. 

But likely $750M total or so (+20m after decent 4th week holds)

I was promised that the movie wasn't going to hit $700 million no matter what, yet it's less than $40 million away. Why was I lied to?

3jK21U5.gif

It's so crazy how these movies are getting less cultural relevance every year. A couple of weeks later and not a single soul is talking about this. 

People are still talking about Multiverse of Madness :coffee2::dies:and it’s doing amazing viewership on Disney+ Nilsen charts. 

Thor love and Thunder it rising again and just became the 6th biggest film of the year, right behind minions(that had an actual viral Tiktok challenge about teens going to see it in waves). :coffee2:
Wakanda forever is having record views for its trailer and the discussion of who the next BP is has been trending consistently for the last week. 

:dies:

Yall I am easily pleased but this just wasnt good. I fell asleep. Ima have to rewatch it when it drops on D+ chile.

On 8/1/2022 at 2:43 PM, Paranoid Android said:

Who lied to you? 700-750 was what everyone expected after that opening weekend. Though it didn't look like that after the tragic second weekend drop, it has since stabilized on the lower levels. That's how projections update.

There were a few posters in this thread that made that prediction :lakitu:

• ATRL Moderator

Finally got a chance to watch this and... I just couldn't get into it. I genuinely think MoM was significantly better (and even that film I had several problems with)

It now sits with $698.9 million worldwide, nearing $700 million and Thor: Ragnarök's no China/no Russia cume of $712 million ($854 million total in 2017) before the pandemic :coffee:

another Win for Marvel

698M and it still hasn't passed 700M after a month? 

gqCjZq4.gif

I can’t wait for this to drop on Disney+ so that I can rewatch it. Such a fun movie!

Ragnarok was just as shitty but because it came after TDW and was vastly different from that film, people gave Ragnarok too many flowers. Ragnarok should've been a dark epic with sprinkle small sample of marvel humor. Asgard died and no one cared, it was a joke.

MOM is so much better than this film.

I think Chris Hemsworth deserves a big part of the blame why Thor has become a running gag. He saw the first GOTG and wanted the Thor films to be like that. When I think of Thor I think of sweeping epic, very Shakespearean. Marvel has yet to find someone who has made the Thor films amazing. Black Panther ate up Thor & it's entire world building in 1 film! 

MoM truly won. :clap3:

Glad this trash movie underperformed. :chick1:

This was such a fun movie idc idc I had a good time. Would easily see the next one opening weekend :fish:

8 hours ago, Jude said:

MoM truly won. :clap3:

Glad this trash movie underperformed. :chick1:

Love and thunder didn't flop or underperformed. it's the second highest grossing movie of 'Thor' franchise and it has surpassed Ragnarok on domestic box office..

Edited by Sweetestsecret

9 minutes ago, loveisdead9582 said:

Does anyone know when it’s hitting Disney plus?

I'm hoping for Labor Day weekend. Gives She-Hulk some breathing room.

Edited by NEUTRON

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.