Thor: Love and Thunder (2022) | Chris Hemsworth

Broken

Placing it in the top 5 thur openings of MCU history, 3rd biggest of the year behind DS2. Another Massive Win for Marvel. 

Edited by Gorjesspazze9

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gorjesspazze9

• BNF91

• Donquizote

• Arcadius

22 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

Placing it in the top 5 openings of MCU history, 3rd biggest of the year behind DS2. 

I guess those lacking in taste and sense of humor lost :clap3:

2 hours ago, M André said:

It’s because Feige thought that movie was going to give them an Oscar nom. :deadbanana2: Just like he thought MOM was going to be like NWH. This is what I mean, I don’t think the directors are the problem, it’s Feige not doing a good job in this phase.

The fact Sony's Spiderman alone grossed around the same as MOM, Eternals and Shang Chi together :deadbanana4:

53 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

Placing it in the top 5 thur openings of MCU history, 3rd biggest of the year behind DS2. Another Massive Win for Marvel. 

Even when Marvel loses, it wins :clap3:

Thursday “previews” started at 2PM instead of the usual late night hours. It would be embarrassing if it didn’t rank high :dies:

MoM also had a strong debut and it proved to be very front loaded so these numbers mean nothing. 

I watched the movie on Thursday. It was actually very funny and enjoyable. I have never been a big fan of making Thor a joke or this frat-bro-surfer dumb guy but I will say Hemsworth really shines in this tone. I liked Ragnarok but I’ve always felt it was very cringey. This on the other hand landed most of the jokes. The chemistry among all actors was great. Bale was great too. I loved the friendship between Jane and Valkyrie. 

I hated the trailer for making Zeus a “joke” but I think in the context of the movie, it actually worked. 

My only complaints would be:

1. They need to do something about their VFX teams cause at times the visuals Were so cheap. 
2. It needed to be longer cause having two big and important storylines in one movie they ended up not making them justice. 
3. This has been an issue for the latest movies: the lack of action or great sequences. 

• ATRL Moderator
2 hours ago, Zerocoke said:

You will riot

:weeps:

She's the reason I'm still excited :wanda:

Just seen this and.. :rip: seemed like a movie your wife’s boyfriend would make you watch while they’re upstairs 

I LOVED Ragnarok but this feels Ragnarok elevated to square, for better and for worse. Literally the jokes were excessive and it distracted me from what was going on. Some shots were astonishing, for example, the black and white scenes fighting against Gorr. Overall I was entertained, but once the movie finished I thought that it wouldn't bother me if I waited for the Disney+ release.

Spoiler

Thor 1 and 2 being the Butt of jokes for a decade straight. Obviously they would keep going the Ragnorok route since it clearly works. And people expecting every marvel film to be a billion, when none of the previous entries were. It’s so clear the online narratives spun. Just like MOM, even if it’s frontloaded it still shows the general public is invested in the MCU. This movie did what it’s suppose to do for a Thor film?‍♀️ I’m satisfied, the GP are and it’s another hit. Anyways great take always from this film is Jane using moljinr. Legit some of the coolest actions scenes in phase 4. I just wish they lingered on the cancer plot more. Same with Gorr. His moments were dope. Just needed 2 or 3 scenarios of him killing gods. 

Edited by Gorjesspazze9

I'm just back from watching this, and I have pretty mixed feelings.

I thought that Christian Bale was easily the stand out of the film and his performance as Gorr was really effective. Chris Hemsworth also arguably gave his best performance as Thor and shone in some of the film's more emotional moments. I also quite enjoyed the humour and I thought the visuals were really nice. Plus the queer discussions and representation was surprising and great to see.

That being said, the film just felt so rushed and directionless. I hated that their mindset was essentially "tell, not show" and that there were important moments of the story that the audience was just told about, but didn't actually get to see. The consequence of that was that the stakes didn't actually feel that high, because we weren't invested enough to care. I really enjoyed the intro, with some insight into who Gorr was, but even that felt relatively rushed. Not to mention Jane's entire storyline, which felt like it was running on fast forward.

Overall, I thought it was enjoyable but a very mid-tier Marvel film. I don't really have any desire to see it again though.

1 hour ago, Brunette Ambition said:

seemed like a movie your wife’s boyfriend would make you watch

nicole-tv-youtuber.gif

The CGI in this film gave me a headache :mazen: Worse than Shang Chi. 

Marvel needs to get their **** together and focus on having better scripts. They are playing safe and cocky thinking the fans will eat up anything they deliver. I'm seeing so many people starting to get fed up with them. They feel lost without the Russos.

Yeah this was not good. The comedy just didn’t stick this go around. There were 3 people at my showing that laughed consistently but everyone else was quiet. So that tells me that it’s not hitting how it’s used to. And just overall the movie was just meh. 

Honestly none of the phase 4 Marvel movies touch “The Batman” from earlier this year. Say what you want about DC but it’s facts. That was a master class on how to make a great superhero movie. Marvel just tries so hard for mass appeal and It’s leading to diminishing returns at this point. 

Edited by suneclipse121

this movie felt so bloated and the jokes outdated (like this 2010d screaming goat :rip:)

it felt like some scenes just went on longer than they had to. 

Gorr’s arc felt very rushed and the ending was meh.

Why the acting feel so bad and force in this movie?

Is it because of the bad script, even Natalie, an Oscar winner but some of her lines delivery are so bad, you can tell she is clearly in it for the money and think the script is cringe.

Chris & Tessa has their funny moments but sometimes also try so hard.

Bale is barely recognizable, but he did good.

Overal movie is so bad but if you bored and just want see a mindless action flick then its still has a bit entertaining value.

4 hours ago, chiliam said:

Why the acting feel so bad and force in this movie?

Is it because of the bad script, even Natalie, an Oscar winner but some of her lines delivery are so bad, you can tell she is clearly in it for the money and think the script is cringe.

Chris & Tessa has their funny moments but sometimes also try so hard.

Bale is barely recognizable, but he did good.

Overal movie is so bad but if you bored and just want see a mindless action flick then its still has a bit entertaining value.

Most of the film was improvised. 

i don’t get the hate to be honest, i really enjoyed this. it was worth going alone just to stare at chris hemsworth’s arms for the whole movie. :gaycat2: 

i thought it was fun, i loved jane’s story, and the black and white scene with gorr was really cool. i had a great time with it, and i hope jane can get back sooner rather than later.

19 hours ago, Arcadius said:

Hide contents

AGREED. I was also upset we never got to see Jane actually transform into Mighty Thor. In the comics the shot of her holding Mjolnir up while in her hospital gown and sick and transforming into this powerful Goddess was iconic. Just so many missed moments imo.

Spoiler

Yes, totally! Like, part of the appeal to Mighty Thor’s story in the comics is seeing how sick she was (literally bald, would have loved to see that in the movie) and how different she looks once she uses Mjolnir. Such a wasted opportunity for a sickening and mature story in the MCU, I’ll always be pressed they didn’t do it justice.

15 minutes ago, Argent said:

i don’t get the hate to be honest, i really enjoyed this. it was worth going alone just to stare at chris hemsworth’s arms for the whole movie. :gaycat2: 

i thought it was fun, i loved jane’s story, and the black and white scene with gorr was really cool. i had a great time with it, and i hope jane can get back sooner rather than later.

Agree, It's far from being the best movie of Marvel but also it's WAY better than MOM, it was fun, light and good enough. It reminded me the Marvel movies before they became so big and connected to each other, like 10 years ago.

What was effective about the earlier phases MCU was that the films seem linked together or related somehow. I don't think the quality of individual movie drops (phase 3 MCU was enjoyable but nothing of outstanding quality), but it's just not enticing anymore without a bigger arc connection. 

5 minutes ago, superben said:

What was effective about the earlier phases MCU was that the films seem linked together or related somehow. I don't think the quality of individual movie drops (phase 3 MCU was enjoyable but nothing of outstanding quality), but it's just not enticing anymore without a bigger arc connection. 

This is exactly what I was discussing with my flat mate yesterday as we were leaving the film. The previous phases felt like they were building to something and that there was an actual connection. This phase has just felt like separate films that have tenuous (at best) connections to one another.

Dr. Jane Foster’s Thor Marks the MCU’s next success as it has officially surpassed the expected opening. INB4 people start comparing it to Mom and Spider-Man ?

And people saying the MCU is dying. Yeah ok ?‍♀️

Edited by Gorjesspazze9

Just as I thought.. 

It was not bad but not good either. The plot ain't it. 

The humor ain't it

And oh girl the visuals were cute but the whole movie looks overly green screened. 

Ragnarok sh*ts all over it and Natalie sis you ruined it again 

Thor deserved better with that fine s

Real Housewives Wig GIF

It did great! $302 mil WW :alexz:

Expectations were $270-280 mil. This movie will easily make its budget back (production+promo) and be profitable due to a huge international box office.

#ThankYouKorg :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.