Avatar: The Way of Water | Billions: 2 | Oscar Noms: 4 | Best Picture Noms: 1

Butters

22 hours ago, Kamil24 said:

how long will this stay in theatres? I still want to go see it, but not in a rush. 

See it in 3D ASAP

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BNF91

• mystery

• X~MoviePoP

• Donquizote

Im happy its gonna become the number 3 movie of all time. I woulda loved it to be #1 and #2 for avatar tho

It's sad but it doesn't look like it will touch 700M domestic.

Weekend 8

Another wonderful hold despite losing some PLF screens to Knock at the Cabin. Down just 32% to $10.8M domestic. I suspect this will rise above $11M once actuals come in as Disney seems to be lowballing Sunday, so down just 29%. Running domestic total $636M.

Overseas 8th weekend another $27.5M, down 35% from last wknd. Running OS total $1.538B. 

$38.5-39M global 8th wknd. Running global total $2.174B.

With the one-two punch of Titanic and Ant-Man coming for the next two weeks and sapping up all the IMAX screens, Avatar will take a bit of a hit. So it seems like it should end up at $2.3-2.32B. A brilliant finish.

I still have faith this will cross 2.5 billion , this movie is still sold out in my country every day :coffee2: , it is the biggest movie of all time here since like 3 weeks ago 

I’m sure many countries is the same

https://www.portafolio.co/amp/tendencias/avatar-2-es-la-pelicula-mas-taquillera-en-la-historia-en-colombia-a-quien-supero-577215

20 minutes ago, BNF91 said:

Yes as expected the actuals jumped up $500k to $11.3M down just 29% :clap3:

So we should be number 3 by saturday right

10 minutes ago, X~MoviePoP said:

So we should be number 3 by saturday right

Titanic is coming this weekend lmao. Who knows. It remains to be seen just how big this re-release should be. I think it's only a limited engagement though, because Ant-Man takes everything Feb 17th. So I think Avatar 2 will be #3 in the end. 

Edited by BNF91

Will the re-release of Titanic prevent TWOW from overtaking it's BO total?

spacer.png

I think Avatar 2 is safe. Titanic re-release is flopping. Avatar might gross more than it this wknd. 

Both looking in the $6-7M range. Solid hold for Avatar despite losing a ton of PLF showtimes. 

15 hours ago, BNF91 said:

I think Avatar 2 is safe. Titanic re-release is flopping. Avatar might gross more than it this wknd. 

Both looking in the $6-7M range. Solid hold for Avatar despite losing a ton of PLF showtimes. 

And Zoe Saldana gets to keep her top 3 movie status. With Avatar 3 she might be in the top 4 movies of all time 

Officially at 2.2B. Happy this is looking to finish around 2.3B. So impressive and laughable considering everyone dragging it's debut weekend #s

Avatar still playing in China, receives an extension to March 13th.. now up to $245M.. looks like it will reach $250M 

$2.3B final total is incredible... I can totally see every single entry to the Avatar Saga hitting $2B+. 

Actuals for the weekend jumped up by $500k to $7.3M :clap3:Avatar 2 jumped back to #1 on Saturday and Sunday, in its 9th weekend. 

Only a 36% drop this wknd despite the big PLF hit. $647M domestic running total. 

Globally, a $26M 9th wknd. $2.213B worldwide running total. 

Looks like AM3 won't be that big of a threat anymore :lakitu:

I remember back in 2019 when I was the one of the really really few Avatar stans on this forum and got outnumbered in some Avatar vs Endgame stan war and now all those people are nowhere to be seen in the Ant-Man/MCU threads and suddenly so many people are stanning Avatar 2 and dragging the MCU :rip: 

I don't even feel relieved or vindicated rn, thank god I grew up and realized stanning literal multi-billion corporations or franchises is really weird af let alone unfulfilling. Like it's one thing to get excited about numbers and the film industry thriving and it's another to take personal offense at somebody dragging a literal company or product or to act like their money/success will be yours as well :dies: 

3 hours ago, X~MoviePoP said:

Wuts this weekend looking like

Surprisingly, insanely strong even in the face of losing all IMAX to Ant-Man. Deadline has it aiming for $6.5M 10th weekend :jonny5:

That would be just a 10% drop. 

I'm gonna lowball and say $5M which would still be a fantastic hold. $657-658M domestic by Monday. 

Edited by BNF91

Welp, I'm wrong. It's gonna be nearly flat from last weekend despite Ant-Man...

$1.36M Friday. Expect close to, if not $7M 3-day this weekend, a mere 6% drop in its tenth wknd of release. Holiday Monday will allow for nice Sunday holds. $8M+ 4-day wknd.

$658-659M by Monday. Infinity War domestic is going down.

Edited by BNF91

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.