Avatar: The Way of Water | Billions: 2 | Oscar Noms: 4 | Best Picture Noms: 1

Butters

3 hours ago, MrLovett said:

Some people want to share their excitement for the film, or read people's feelings about the film without it being spoiled. The spoiler functionality is literally there for this purpose.

There is also a rule in place for this specifically on the forum: When it's okay to post spoilers: Movies: one month after the theatrical release date.

dont be upset if youre gonna find SPOILERS about the movie in its THREAD :deadbanana4:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BNF91

• mystery

• X~MoviePoP

• Donquizote

Back in 2009, Avatar was such a visual experience that I was part of the crowd that convinced others to see this for the visuals alone even with such a simplistic storyline. But a rewatch on a small screen points doesn't give that same experience.

Nevertheless, will watch this after Christmas on IMAX.

Let's see if this has legs.

pygOocT.gif

4 hours ago, Broken said:

The projections keep dropping. Yikes.

It was $175M couples of weeks ago. :rip:

Such a shame! The GP are sheeps and judging by the last spiderman, it only confirms that. This was a MASSIVE movie WITH a good plot. Aaand dont get me started on the exceptional VFX

19 minutes ago, #Beautiful said:

dont be upset if youre gonna find SPOILERS about the movie in its THREAD :deadbanana4:

So when you are talking with people about the movie they can give you spoilers right?!?!

Edited by TOKYO.

2 hours ago, chiliam said:

The girlie in here have absolutely no ideal how box office works and pray for this to flop.

Guess what, its smashing your honor.

Just back from the theater, the imax screen are full even the 1st row. The visual is amazing, how the hell they made the water look so real, it was like you are in a real aquarium. The plot is a bit weak but it does it job to building, expanding the world of pandora. This will smash hard and so those the next 2 parts.

The plot is weak?! Well what is weak?

1 hour ago, #Beautiful said:

You can keep CAPITALISING things, but there's literally rules in place because people shouldn't be spoilt just because they want to talk about the film in this thread before seeing it. :skull: Just use the spoiler function, it's not hard.

3 hours ago, chiliam said:

Wait who is queen Kate playing.

I was looking out the entire time for her role but she never show up.

She plays Ronal, the female leader of the water tribe. 

4 hours ago, Vignesh said:

Watched this in IMAX 3D the other day and I have to say it was like a RELIGIOUS EXPERIENCE! 

This. I too watched IMAX 3D and just got out of theater. The visuals are mind blowing and out of this world. The most visually impressive and immersive cinematic experience i’ve had so far. Truly a MOMENT :jonny5:

This is going to have some legs. not opening over 170m or even 150m domestic isn’t really an indicator of anything. This isn’t a frontloaded kind of movie.

59 minutes ago, X~MoviePoP said:

Whats the next big movie after this. M3gan??

Puss in Boots 2 aka the Avatar killer :bird:.

US box office was trash this year! A lot of people didn’t know it was out or thought it was dropping on streaming services. :rip: 

Edited by chris1991

8 hours ago, Madonno said:

Gonna watch this tomorrow

Now I need to watch Avatar so I can remember everything 

Its been 12 years tho :skull:

I don’t think it’s necessarily to watch the first one.

8 hours ago, Yzma said:

She plays Ronal, the female leader of the water tribe. 

I also thought that was her. But for some reason, i always assume she played a human role, so i dont recognize her.

7 hours ago, CarCAL22 said:

This is going to have some legs. not opening over 170m or even 150m domestic isn’t really an indicator of anything. This isn’t a frontloaded kind of movie.

Talking some sense. Thank you sis.

Domestic Saturday looking good. A nice 23% jump from the true Friday for $45M. Sunday presales are also looking amazing. Should finish with a $135-138M opening weekend. Maybe $140M? 

The only places this is really disappointing is China (COVID emergency) and Japan (unexpected, but Japan has really abandoned Hollywood films lately. Nothing gets past like $10-15M there now unless you're Top Gun Maverick..) it is doing decent/well/smashing virtually everywhere else. 

$1 Billion is locked from overseas box office alone. 

Edited by BNF91

30 minutes ago, X~MoviePoP said:

I need this to make atleast 1.2 billion when its all said and done

With ease sis. 

Hoping overseas Saturday can be at least $90M. Massive dailies. 

South Korea Sunday sales dropping small from Saturday. $23.5-25M debut :jonnycat:

India is blowing up.. Saturday and Sunday are challenging Endgame's numbers. Insane. 

Edited by BNF91

Word of mouth is good so far.

Everyone is raving on this movie, except some high brow film critics :dies:

I think this will cross 2 billion when all is said and done. 

From the numbers I've seen so far, it's smashing in Germany, France, Belgium, the Nordics, the UK, Turkey, South Korea, India, Mexico, Brazil, Indonesia.

Doing well in the US/Canada, Italy, Spain, Argentina, Australia, New Zealand, decent in Japan (for today standards, it should still make $40-50M there) the Eastern Euro region.

Disappointing in China (maybe $150-200M total, when even $500-600M could have been witnessed).

Quite a few markets (Thailand, Peru, Portugal, Netherlands, Vietnam, Central America, etc) I haven't been able to access numbers for yet. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.