Avatar: The Way of Water | Billions: 2 | Oscar Noms: 4 | Best Picture Noms: 1

Butters

Just spent over $100 to buy 4 IMAX 3D tickets for next Friday. Had to get tickets at a more remote location because the main theatres in town were mostly sold out. Box office hit incoming :clap3:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BNF91

• mystery

• X~MoviePoP

• Donquizote

Just spent over $100 to buy 4 IMAX 3D tickets for next Friday. Had to get tickets at a more remote location because the main theatres in town were mostly sold out. Box office hit incoming :clap3:

14 hours ago, Broken said:

Why was my Avatar box office thread closed? :what: The movie is already breaking presale records and will be released in some international markets 3 days early. 

But of course they would never close a thread made just to drag Taylor, Xtina, etc. :rip:

Yeah wth?

My theater has regular IMAX or 3D, but no IMAX 3D. What format do you girls recommend? Really excited for this.

46 minutes ago, Life Savers said:

My theater has regular IMAX or 3D, but no IMAX 3D. What format do you girls recommend? Really excited for this.

Why not both? :gaycat5:

3 hours ago, Life Savers said:

3D imo

3 hours ago, mystery said:

Why not both? :gaycat5:

10 minutes ago, reymiu said:

3D imo

Thanks! I think I'll go for 3D and then if I like it go for IMAX a second time. 

8 minutes ago, Life Savers said:

Thanks! I think I'll go for 3D and then if I like it go for IMAX a second time. 

I still think 3D IMAX is best....

In your case I will go with 3D first and if you're still interested try 3D IMAX next time tbh

I hope to see this film in February when the buzz calms down, I hate packed theaters :dies:

On 12/10/2022 at 11:04 AM, Broken said:

Why was my Avatar box office thread closed? :what: The movie is already breaking presale records and will be released in some international markets 3 days early. 

But of course they would never close a thread made just to drag Taylor, Xtina, etc. :rip:

ikr. We know who are the bias mods.

My city only have the regular 2D screen, help :rip:

Edited by Anye

19 hours ago, Bloodflowers. said:

I hope to see this film in February when the buzz calms down, I hate packed theaters :dies:

The buzz will reemerge in February once the movie gets nominated/won some Oscars :dies:

On 12/9/2022 at 9:04 PM, Broken said:

Update:

They merged this thread and the Avatar box office thread... Tf? :deadbanana:

The fact that we can't even have a box office thread to discuss the sequel to the highest-grossing movie of all time...

No wonder this forum is dying.

2 hours ago, Anye said:

ikr. We know who are the bias mods.

My city only have the regular 2D screen, help :rip:

Go to another city :cm:

2 hours ago, Space Cowboy said:

Go to another city :cm:

Yesss, lemme experience it in IMAX :heart:

It's projected to open with 175M.

Hoping that it will have insane longevity like the first one :jonny5:

3 hours ago, Broken said:

Update:

They merged this thread and the Avatar box office thread... Tf? :deadbanana:

The fact that we can't even have a box office thread to discuss the sequel to the highest-grossing movie of all time...

No wonder this forum is dying.

I have always tought that it doesn't make much sense to have endless amount of topics about the same thing, but it's suspicious how selective mods are about which topics get merged and not.

6 hours ago, Donquizote said:

The buzz will reemerge in February once the movie gets nominated/won some Oscars :dies:

I don't think it will have a huge Oscar buzz like the first one which was by itself a rarity among tipical Oscar nominees and it's snub from winning BP specially against THAT film makes it less likely for it's sequel to get much recognition. My bet would be just noms for Cinematography, VFX, production design and maybeee BP.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.