The Sims

Unoriginal

14 hours ago, Vigoorian King said:

I think y'all really need a reminder of how other sims games looked like in early development stages :skull:

e11cb2d7224dc3e3619d41e51f92ce16f54200c7

"Hank is a Jerk who only talks about NASCAR" :deadbanana2:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hiatus

• Rogue

• RihannaLoverrr

• Tiziano's Boy

The thing that irritates me about the Sims is how they refuse to mature the game. The Sims 1-3 had a lot of adult themes then the Sims 4 is like a kids game. Why do we need a mod to get our sims "juiced"? I'm not sure how the Sims developers are so out of touch with their player base. Most sims players are 20-30 now, if they target the Sims 5 to kids again it would be a missed opportunity. Kids now don't usually play the sims like we did in the 2000s-2010s the Sims 5 needs to mature a bit because if it's vanilla like the Sims 4 I'm not gonna buy that ****. 

5 hours ago, BletaRexher said:

The thing that irritates me about the Sims is how they refuse to mature the game. The Sims 1-3 had a lot of adult themes then the Sims 4 is like a kids game. Why do we need a mod to get our sims "juiced"? I'm not sure how the Sims developers are so out of touch with their player base. Most sims players are 20-30 now, if they target the Sims 5 to kids again it would be a missed opportunity. Kids now don't usually play the sims like we did in the 2000s-2010s the Sims 5 needs to mature a bit because if it's vanilla like the Sims 4 I'm not gonna buy that ****. 

Watch it have a more kiddy, tiktok, social media, meme tone than TS4 :rip:

All that cringe flat out put me off 4 (besides the fact that it's boring).

I was thinking about OG sims the other day and hard the urge to listen to Superstar's OST.

:jonny5:

elijahpetty-azealia-banks.gif

Phew!

16 hours ago, BletaRexher said:

Honestly it’s gonna have the same tone / style as TS4 bc it’s the least work and the most successful Sims game. We’re never gonna get a 2/3 again I’ve just accepted that.

17 hours ago, BletaRexher said:

im expecting TS5 to basically be the same as 4, just with a few features that fans have wanted for a while. either way the bar has always been in HELL with the sims team so i’ve learnt to expect nothing so i can be pleasantly surprised:redface:

tbh I just don't see the creative direction that The Sims team could go for TS5.. developers of 2 and 3 had concepts of what is needed to elevate the game and make it a direct improvement over its predecessors:

Sims 2 had 3D world, full life cycle, genetics, chemistry etc.. basically sims 1 on a budget

Sims 3 had open world, a more nuanced personality system

Sims 4 tried to do something with the different moods but overall it wasn't as grand as the previous two. and I don't think the developers are inspired to do something interesting for TS5, nor does EA want them to

On 11/11/2022 at 11:41 PM, Dystopian said:

idk they're already playtesting it and teased an official clip, there's no way it's still that early into development  :deadbanana4:

They already said we are years out from release. This is also the first time they are incorporating fan feedback into the development. Idk I understand why some have little faith in EA but the world in TS5 looks great assuming its walkable and not loading screens. It has a lot of potential already. We know Create a Style is back which is huge. Idk I'm excited. The sims need to look great and that'll really gauge my interest. TS4 was so bad I never got into it so I hope this will be my rentry to Sims. 

Couldn't help myself after finishing the rags to riches challenge I bought Bought Discover Uni, Dream Home Decorator and Tiny Living. Love the CAS & Build/Buy. My sim is too cute.

18 hours ago, Dystopian said:

queen is back :jonny5:

She looks so healthy and I can’t believe she’s in her late 30s. Girl could really do with cleaning her house up though im not gonna lie. 

19 hours ago, Dystopian said:

queen is back :jonny5:

So happy to see she’s doing better, queen 

On 11/14/2022 at 8:46 PM, Vigoorian King said:

I think y'all really need a reminder of how other sims games looked like in early development stages :skull:

e11cb2d7224dc3e3619d41e51f92ce16f54200c7

Oh wow I've never seen that image of the sims 3 before :eek:

I remember seeing screenshots of the sims 2 while it was in development and thought the beta looked way better graphics wise than the actual final release did :deadbanana4:

Edited by Stardom

On 11/17/2022 at 3:08 AM, BletaRexher said:

The Sims 4 was meant to be more mature though. There was even a WooHoo skill that had to be pulled because it didn’t meet the Teen rating. 

The issue isn’t the devs, it’s the fact the ratings for games are more sensitive. Especially in Europe. 

They can’t afford the loss of demographic if they make it a Mature game. T for Teen is the highest they will go. But what’s considered T for Teen is now way more filtered than before. 

• 1 month later...

What on earth is the clue for the EP? A bear with a crown? I wonder what it is. Like I feel a generations like pack is guaranteed but I have no clue how that relates to it? 

Edited by RihannaLoverrr

9 hours ago, RihannaLoverrr said:

What on earth is the clue for the EP? A bear with a crown? I wonder what it is. Like I feel a generations like pack is guaranteed but I have no clue how that relates to it? 

The bear with the crown is clearly the TOOTH BEARY. They've had the Flower Bunny so it only makes sense for the Tooth Beary. I mean you even got the little Fairly OddParents crown on the bear.

FmH7JnmWAAA2jS1?format=jpg&name=small

The-Fairly-Oddparents.jpg?w=650

This is 100% a generations or family style pack.

Edited by LP54

6 hours ago, LP54 said:

The bear with the crown is clearly the TOOTH BEARY. They've had the Flower Bunny so it only makes sense for the Tooth Beary. I mean you even got the little Fairly OddParents crown on the bear.

FmH7JnmWAAA2jS1?format=jpg&name=small

The-Fairly-Oddparents.jpg?w=650

This is 100% a generations or family style pack.

Screaming not tooth beary 

:dies:

Excited for generations then :duca:

First kit release of this season :duca: :duca:

22 hours ago, Tiziano's Boy said:

First kit release of this season :duca: :duca:

I like the art style they're going with for the promos. Yeah.

• 2 weeks later...

New Infant Life Stage Patch - 14th March

Sims 4 Live Stream regarding new EP - 2nd February, tagline: "Meet the Family"

10 minutes ago, Tiziano's Boy said:

New Infant Life Stage Patch - 14th March

Sims 4 Live Stream regarding new EP - 2nd February, tagline: "Meet the family"

the announcement of an announcement :bibliahh: infants not coming for more than a month :skull: so damn messy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.