Nope | Jordan Peele - Out Now

Lost In Paradise

They did a great job with the first teaser. They should’ve kept the whole storyline a mystery. They showed way too much in the new trailers. This looks like Jordan Peele’s worst movie but I guess we shall see….

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Roberto

• ChapelHooker

• Cherish

• Sharapov

We still have no idea what it's about. People do realize the trailer is made to fool us, right? We still don't have the actual twist of the film and I'm willing to bet most who are complaining, or criticizing Jordan, will be singing a different tune once the film comes out.

Oscar winning genius knows what he's doing. 

2 hours ago, Buffy said:

They did a great job with the first teaser. They should’ve kept the whole storyline a mystery. They showed way too much in the new trailers. This looks like Jordan Peele’s worst movie but I guess we shall see….

Same. I loved Get out and Us but this doesnt seem that good. i hope peele doesnt pull a shyamalan on us

5 hours ago, QueenBLadyG said:

We still have no idea what it's about. People do realize the trailer is made to fool us, right? We still don't have the actual twist of the film and I'm willing to bet most who are complaining, or criticizing Jordan, will be singing a different tune once the film comes out.

Oscar winning genius knows what he's doing. 

Someone leaked the story from an early screening and no, there isn’t. In fact, the final trailer shows pretty much the entire movie.

I can adjust my expectations accordingly how. It’s going to be a fun summer alien blockbuster thriller, nothing more. 

37 minutes ago, ChapelHooker said:

Someone leaked the story from an early screening and no, there isn’t. In fact, the final trailer shows pretty much the entire movie.

I can adjust my expectations accordingly how. It’s going to be a fun summer alien blockbuster thriller, nothing more. 

Or, there are multiple versions being screened and the final one is going to be completely different from what they saw?
CapitalGiftedFurseal-size_restricted.gif

something that confused me ever since the spoilers was just cleared up by someone on Reddit who saw a new cut of the movie. 

SERIOUS SPOILERS BELOW

Spoiler

the spaceship IS the alien. Its biological and when it abducts people, it is feeding. The Metal falling from the sky is it “vomiting up” inorganic material it cant digest. 

kind of like the spaceship in 10 Cloverfield Lane I guess, just with a much simpler design. The design of the spaceship is actually kind of terrifying in a way because it is this very minimalistic interpretation of what people thought alien ships looked like during the UFO craze and something about that just hits right. 

also, the scene with the monkey on the TV show set is now in the middle of the movie and it starts with their fathers death. 

so yeah, there is no “huge twist”, no strong political allegory, no super deep meaning beyond profiting off of animals. in the end, the brother and sister manage to get the footage and will probably get rich, but doing so cause destruction and death in the entire town. a bad miracle. 

this is gonna slay :jonny4:

Edited by ChapelHooker

On 7/9/2022 at 6:00 PM, ChapelHooker said:

something that confused me ever since the spoilers was just cleared up by someone on Reddit who saw a new cut of the movie. 

SERIOUS SPOILERS BELOW

Reveal hidden contents

the spaceship IS the alien. Its biological and when it abducts people, it is feeding. The Metal falling from the sky is it “vomiting up” inorganic material it cant digest. 

kind of like the spaceship in 10 Cloverfield Lane I guess, just with a much simpler design. The design of the spaceship is actually kind of terrifying in a way because it is this very minimalistic interpretation of what people thought alien ships looked like during the UFO craze and something about that just hits right. 

also, the scene with the monkey on the TV show set is now in the middle of the movie and it starts with their fathers death. 

so yeah, there is no “huge twist”, no strong political allegory, no super deep meaning beyond profiting off of animals. in the end, the brother and sister manage to get the footage and will probably get rich, but doing so cause destruction and death in the entire town. a bad miracle. 

this is gonna slay :jonny4:

WHAAT? Honestly, this is so cool. :jonnycat:

Jordan Peele haters found in a DITCH! 3 FOR 3! Legendary director! :clap3:

He won. :clap3: 

68M budget. :deadbanana4: I really hope it crosses at least 200M WW when it's all said and done. :gaycat6: 

13 hours ago, Roberto said:

68M budget. :deadbanana4: I really hope it crosses at least 200M WW when it's all said and done. :gaycat6: 

I imagine a lot went to VFX. Especially the ending :skull: 

Starts with a 78 on Metacritic, based on 35 reviews!

14 minutes ago, ChapelHooker said:

Starts with a 78 on Metacritic, based on 35 reviews!

Anything above 75 will be nice. Even above 70, me thinks, considering the type of movie it is. :clap3:

26 minutes ago, Cherish said:

I imagine a lot went to VFX. Especially the ending :skull: 

Wait, did you already watch it? Was it good, funny, enjoyable? Withous spoilers. :gaycat:

5 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Anything above 75 will be nice. Even above 70, me thinks, considering the type of movie it is. :clap3:

most of the middling reviews seems to agree that it fails to come together as a whole and feels more like a collection of great scenes.

14 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Wait, did you already watch it? Was it good, funny, enjoyable? Withous spoilers. :gaycat:

Yes, I saw it last night in Seattle.

It was great. I had a lot of questions after the movie. The jumpscares weren't all predictable too, which I love too. I got scared by a record turning back on though after all the eerie quietness :deadbanana2: A lot of people in my theater were yelling "NOPE" during the scary scenes and one yelled "Get your black ass out of there!" and we all died laughed :ahh: The movie was also a good amount of comedic element but not enough to make it seem like a cheaply made movie. The climax was not what I expected it to be at all, but I think it was great. Keke honestly carried the whole movie. Daniel did a good job but he wasn't always the greatest. imo. I do think it was missing something, but I don't know what. The sound design was phenomenal, really had you on the edge of your seat - but not so much the music scared you (minus that song on the player for me :skull: ). I need to go see it in IMAX for sure, it was just a standard showing. 

12 minutes ago, ChapelHooker said:

most of the middling reviews seems to agree that it fails to come together as a whole and feels more like a collection of great scenes.

I don't think that's entirely true....but one part of it didn't feel like it added any part to the movie even though it's part of the UNIVERSAL fanfare for some reason :skull:  Me and a guy briefly discussed it after leaving (I said in the elevator "anybody else still confused?") and we couldn't even understand why it was there. It felt like an unnecessary part of the movie altogether, but again - I need to rewatch it and see if maybe it does have a purpose. 

If you're expecting any sort of social commentary, like Get Out or Us, drop the expectation. It's just a good western sci-fi thriller. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.