Tennis | I'm in Miami, bitch

supaspaz

Poor Tommy babe getting outplayed as expected :lakitu:

Hopefully this match will motivate him to improve his game.  He has the potential to become a consistent (and attractive) Top 20 player on the ATP tour:heart:

Stef has close to zero chance in that final. Let’s be real! 

His poor backhand is just asking to be mercilessly punished by Djoker:snowman:

My Predictions:

Djoker in 4

Elena in 3

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sensation

• geddymonster

• pride4jc1222

• Gui Blackout

I don’t think Stef is going to be destroyed the way some people are predicting. He did almost beat Nole in that French Open final. Granted this is a hard court, but I think it will be closer than expected.

QueenofCopyPaste
On 1/22/2023 at 1:55 PM, pride4jc1222 said:

1990-1992 Seles-Capriati was the last great women's tennis rivalry, in my opinion. It's a shame that it all fell apart long before it was supposed, and we never saw their true peaks. After Seles was stabbed and Capriati started doing drugs, the women's game went into the crappers. I'm just glad Capriati was able to come back years later and even win slams against the next generation (Serena, Justine, Venus, etc.), but that level of play in the 2000s was nowhere near that of the early 90s.

That said, look out for Linda Noskova. I believe she is the most talented player in the women's game since Seles and Capriati.

fixed*

This is developing into a good contest :clap3:

Fantastic final. That last game was so nerve racking to watch with Saba having to keep her composure

On 1/25/2023 at 11:28 AM, *-ChriZ-* said:

Sabalenka will take it. Shes so dominant these days

Called it

Sabalenka was my pick to win, so not surprised.  Glad to see a new slam winner.  Hope she continues this form post-AO.

Saba lying on the court crying after she won the championship point touched me :cries:

An amazing final by two Grand Slam Champions!:penguin:
Saba is simply unplayable when her game is on. Elena was kinda dominated in the 2nd and 3rd sets :redface:

Elena is cool, calm and classy as always! Love her so much!:heart: She will win her second GS very soon!

spacer.png

Edited by skyandground

29 minutes ago, skyandground said:

Saba lying on the court crying after she won the championship point touched me :cries:

An amazing final by two Grand Slam Champions!:penguin:
Saba is simply unplayable when her game is on. Elena was kinda dominated in the 2nd and 3rd sets :redface:

Elena is cool, calm and classy as always! Love her so much!:heart: She will win her second GS very soon!

i was rooting for Elena but Aryna was really the one coming for it. i loved their polar opposite fire & ice attitudes, it was so funny after winning a point, hearing aryna scream and if elena won, no change in her expression (which i prefer, these icy queens). either way, great match, the last game, on aryna's serve was EXHILIRATING you could feel the tension, loved it. elena already has a slam and aryan was due, hopefully it calms her in the following year(s). 

Tsitsipas Stefanos Tsitsipas GIF - Tsitsipas StefanosTsitsipas Cross -  Discover & Share GIFs | Cool gifs

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Tsitsipas clearly was the better player in set 2.... But not there on the big points

1 hour ago, simmnfierzig said:

Tsitsipas clearly was the better player in set 2.... But not there on the big points

yeah he had to convert the set point (but even then i think he'd lose), he let novak dictate the big pts and didn't have luck

great match either way

tsitsipas-australian-open-2023-tuesday.j

i dislike novak as a person and his mind games and shady dinners in serbia, but there's no denying his phenomenon, and admirable talent and one of the greatest

Still no man born after 1987 (so at least 35 years old now) has won a grand slam outside of the US Open. Just insane

64 slams for the big 3 :deadbanana4:

Congrats to Djoker for his #22:clap3:

The final wasn’t that great. Both didn’t really bring their best :monkey:

spacer.png

Edited by skyandground

Last 20 Australian Open Champions (Federer and Djokovic have totally owned this list):

2004 - Federer
2005 - Safin
2006 - Federer
2007 - Federer
2008 - Djokovic
2009 - Nadal
2010 - Federer
2011 - Djokovic
2012 - Djokovic
2013 - Djokovic
2014 - Wawrinka
2015 - Djokovic
2016 - Djokovic
2017 - Federer
2018 - Federer
2019 - Djokovic
2020 - Djokovic
2021 - Djokovic
2022 - Nadal
2023 - Djokovic

16 out of 20 and only twice between 2006 and 2021 was the winner someone besides Federer and Djokovic.

novax and his family are disgusting and I will never stan him no matter how many slams he wins.

2 hours ago, pride4jc1222 said:

Last 20 Australian Open Champions (Federer and Djokovic have totally owned this list):

2004 - Federer
2005 - Safin
2006 - Federer
2007 - Federer
2008 - Djokovic
2009 - Nadal
2010 - Federer
2011 - Djokovic
2012 - Djokovic
2013 - Djokovic
2014 - Wawrinka
2015 - Djokovic
2016 - Djokovic
2017 - Federer
2018 - Federer
2019 - Djokovic
2020 - Djokovic
2021 - Djokovic
2022 - Nadal
2023 - Djokovic

16 out of 20 and only twice between 2006 and 2021 was the winner someone besides Federer and Djokovic.

and the fact if he played last year he'd have mostly likely won as well

4 hours ago, simmnfierzig said:

Still no man born after 1987 (so at least 35 years old now) has won a grand slam outside of the US Open. Just insane

64 slams for the big 3 :deadbanana4:

phenomenal stats :jonny:and the q' with nole isn't when he's gonna retire, it's how many more slams he can still win :skull: 

5 hours ago, simmnfierzig said:

Still no man born after 1987 (so at least 35 years old now) has won a grand slam outside of the US Open

joker being the baby of the winners' group at the rest is something. esp when US got someone younger as far back as 2009. 

here for baby alcaraz breaking through.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.