Tennis | I'm in Miami, bitch

supaspaz

That was probably the best I've seen Emma play since US Open.

The way Serena sprinted out of court :deadbanana4: 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sensation

• geddymonster

• pride4jc1222

• Gui Blackout

11 hours ago, Gui Blackout said:

That was probably the best I've seen Emma play since US Open.

The way Serena sprinted out of court :deadbanana4: 

I think the balls really help Emma. Its the same as the US Open have

Also looked pretty good against Vika :gaycat3:

Todays results

Shelton d. Ruud 63 63

Fritz d. Kyrgios 63 62

Rybakina d. Muguruza 63 61

Hoping for some better results from Emma in the next year. She’s clearly got a good game. She just needs to find the consistency now. I think her winning the US open last year was too soon, even though I’m made up that she won it :1stplace:

Who would have thought ?-ra Kvitova would show up during the North American hardcourt swing?! :loki:

On 8/18/2022 at 12:32 PM, Sensation said:

Keys d. Swiatek 63 64

The two-time grand slam champion hasn't got past the round of 16 in four tournaments since winning Roland Garros in June.

interesting :eddie:

Coric beat Musetti, Nadal, Bautista Agut, Auger-Aliassime, Norrie, Tsitsipas to win and will rise 152-29 in the rankings.

Edited by Sensation

We’re starting to see the beginning of ATP’s random era with no dominant players just like the WTA. It’s like when Rezai and Martinez Sanchez won Madrid and Rome in 2010. It was the start of random players winning big tournaments that has become so common.

8 hours ago, Sensation said:

Coric beat Musetti, Nadal, Bautista Agut, Auger-Aliassime, Norrie, Tsitsipas to win and will rise 152-29 in the rankings.

King!

PCB and Coric are both unexpected Champions these past two weeks :clap3:

atp-montreal-pablo-carreno-busta-gewinnt-seinen-ersten-masterstitel.webpb34b030e0b3fc04ddc86e2db5a8eb893

Nadal still has the edge at USO because "Best of 5" requires more physical & mental strength and consistency than "Best of 3":mandown:

4 hours ago, @michael said:

We’re starting to see the beginning of ATP’s random era with no dominant players just like the WTA. It’s like when Rezai and Martinez Sanchez won Madrid and Rome in 2010. It was the start of random players winning big tournaments that has become so common.

The Big 3 are the anomaly. Winning just one GS is just too hard for a lot of current seeded players...

PCB and Coric are NOT random players:coffee2:

Coric was once a Top 12 player before his injuries, and PCB is literally a current Top 15 player.

WTA is just on another level of randomness. I doubt we will see a qualifier like Emma Raducanu winning a GS out of nowhere on the men's side so soon...

On 8/22/2022 at 8:49 AM, Sensation said:

So will he be seeded? Or is he in quallies? 

He'll be seeded for the USO as rankings from today are used

Zverev has withdrawn from the Open

6 hours ago, nooniebao said:

It’ll be interesting to see whether the old Serena shows up knowing it’s her last ever tournament, or if the moment will get to her like it did in her past four GS finals.

Either way, hopefully she’ll at least feel satisfied when it’s all said and done.

22 minutes ago, Gui Blackout said:

Not these coming right after the other :deadbanana4:

Congrats girlies!

Congrats to both. :clap3:

I’d be surprised if Kerber actually ends up coming back, but maybe the Olympics are enough motivation.

8 hours ago, geddymonster said:

Djokovic OUT of the U.S. Open. :alexz:

Sad. He would most likely win if he was in. Tennis fans know that.

Strength of the field on Hard Court right now:

Djoker > Nadal > Medvedev

Dark Horse: Coric

Now the final should most likely be Nadal vs Medvedev, two players who are convincing Champions because they have both beaten Djoker in a slam.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.