Tennis | I'm in Miami, bitch

supaspaz

6 hours ago, Frozen99 said:

said for Iga, wanted her to win but those STROKES rybakina was hitting :skull:

i was posting some ancient matches of serena, justine, venus, capriati etc i don't wanna sound like an old prude with nostalgia issues but yeah i agree

1990-1992 Seles-Capriati was the last great women's tennis rivalry, in my opinion. It's a shame that it all fell apart long before it was supposed, and we never saw their true peaks. After Seles was stabbed and Capriati started doing drugs, the women's game went into the crappers. I'm just glad Capriati was able to come back years later and even win slams against the next generation (Serena, Justine, Venus, etc.), but that level of play in the 2000s was nowhere near that of the early 90s.

That said, look out for Linda Fruhvirtova. I believe she is the most talented player in the women's game since Seles and Capriati.

Edited by pride4jc1222

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sensation

• geddymonster

• pride4jc1222

• Gui Blackout

2 hours ago, pride4jc1222 said:

1990-1992 Seles-Capriati was the last great women's tennis rivalry, in my opinion. It's a shame that it all fell apart long before it was supposed, and we never saw their true peaks. After Seles was stabbed and Capriati started doing drugs, the women's game went into the crappers. I'm just glad Capriati was able to come back years later and even win slams against the next generation (Serena, Justine, Venus, etc.), but that level of play in the 2000s was nowhere near that of the early 90s.

That said, look out for Linda Fruhvirtova. I believe she is the most talented player in the women's game since Seles and Capriati.

nahh early 90s was literally just Seles and Graf :skull: in the 2000s you had at least 8-10 women who were all fighting for the same titles.

Seles-Capriati had like one memorable match at the US Open while the rivalries between Serena-Venus, Henin-Clijsters, Davenport-Hingis, etc all were multiple high quality matches over a 5-10 year period 

That was very impressive from Sabalenka

Shelton :clap3:

First time in his life outside of the US and into the quarters

Djoker absolutely dominated in that R4 match against Alex, a Top 25 player:ducky:

Seems to be in good shape to claim his 22nd GS/10th AO title this time:coffee2:

21 hours ago, geddymonster said:

I’d love to see Azarenka have a dream run. First mother to win a Grand Slam (I think?).

Graf was a mother when she won her last slam in Paris before retiring if I remember correctly

Edit: Nevermind, she became a mother 2 years later 

Edited by *-ChriZ-*

"czech" derby next round :gaycat3:

nc-1398b42e52cb92642ac8abbe6c32505d.jpg

happy to see vika in the semis, 10 years after her second win :party: she played well and pegula bad .. rybakina looks ready, excited for the match

now jiri vs stefi :duca:

20 hours ago, skyandground said:

The domination of Eastern European women..

7/8 in QF:snowman:

Sabalenka will take it. Shes so dominant these days

3 hours ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

Sabalenka will take it. Shes so dominant these days

Rybakina upsetting Iga is a big deal:ducky:

I think Elena should be the favorite at this AO with her experience of playing in a GS final (and actually winning it) :coffee2:

Anything could still happen though…  You can never be so sure for WTA:snowman:

4 minutes ago, skyandground said:

Rybakina upsetting Iga is a big deal:ducky:

I think Elena should be the favorite at this AO with her experience of playing in a GS final (and actually winning it) :coffee2:

Anything could still happen though…  You can never be so sure for WTA:snowman:

True, however Rybakina feels like Igas weakpoint in general. I still believe Sabalenka is the one to beat

Djoker making another Top 10 player look like an amateur… Nothing new:snowman:

My poor babe Tommy will be annihilated by Djoker in his first SF:redface:

1 hour ago, Sensation said:

I would like to see Vika win it all, but I think Sabalenka will take her first slam.

I think it depends how she is able to hold her nerve. She was already looking shaky during the match with Vekic, but she lucked out in that Vekic was even shakier. Rybakina and Azarenka already have the experience of being in a Slam final (and winning), which will be a huge boon.

15 hours ago, skyandground said:

Djoker making another Top 10 player look like an amateur… Nothing new:snowman:

My poor babe Tommy will be annihilated by Djoker in his first SF:redface:

Love Tommy but he needs to be sacrificed so Djoker can finish the mission. So proud of him getting this far, though.

I want Vika on the other side. She played in a hard era and should have had more than two slams if not for all the start/stop with her baby drama. If not, Rybakina since she deserves something since she got zero points from Wimbledon. 

i see elena taking it, rooting for her :duca:

On 1/25/2023 at 10:04 AM, skyandground said:

Congrats to Tommy Paul for his first GS Semi-Final!

He looks like Ryan Lochte:WAP:

spacer.png

:flame:

never realized how these two look similar

Liam Hemsworth and Tennis Player Karen Khachanov Look Exactly Alike

17 hours ago, Frozen99 said:

never realized how these two look similar

Liam Hemsworth and Tennis Player Karen Khachanov Look Exactly Alike

Actually it's been a meme in online tennis space for quite a while :penguin::gaycat6:

Karen vs Stefanos SF is ongoing!

Hopefully it's a close match, not a one-sided one :bird:

beautiful outcome, novak's collapse in the first gives me HOPE stefi can take him

nole's BH was so off today, also depends on his leg.

rooting for stefan

stefanos tsitsipas gifs | WiffleGif 

so he can ask margot robbie out as a gs champion :gaycat4:

8 hours ago, skyandground said:

Actually it's been a meme in online tennis space for quite a while :penguin::gaycat6:

never paid him attention so i never noticed .. i did now

You play to the speed of the server — Karen Khachanov - Australian Open  2020 Round 1

on the girls' side, i'm definitely rooting for elena, aryna is also a heavy hitter BUT i prefer elena's more focused approach than aryna's pure power

tho she definitely worked on control and variety, stop balls here and there

rooting for elena

Elena Rybakina GIF - Elena Rybakina - Discover & Share GIFs

Stef will have to do better at seizing opportunities. He should have been off the court in 3, but he was STRUGGLING to close out sets.

32 minutes ago, geddymonster said:

Stef will have to do better at seizing opportunities. He should have been off the court in 3, but he was STRUGGLING to close out sets.

i was crying in the 3rd! but we saw after two PERFECT matches from nole that he can produce UEs as well

:rip: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.