Scream 7 | Neve Campbell | Kevin Williamson to direct

ConceptD

8 hours ago, Sexyzinger said:

I place my bets on no killer reveal in S6 but the reveal will be in S7 as Stu Macher and Neve will be on aboard in S7. Bookmark me @Walk_Away21

I think there will be a killer reveal, but if it is really a cult, maybe one of them gets away without being revealed.

I was thinking about Gale once again and while i hope she will survive, i found a reason why she could die. If the motive really is about true crime, i think she is targeted because she made profit with the previous murders and they want to prevent this from happening again. The previous Ghostface killers kinda wanted to get media attention.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ampersand13

• Hurem

• Josh

• Chris

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly think people harp far too much of the scrapped scream 3 plot. I don’t think they will ever bring stu back again it would just make no sense 

3 hours ago, Josh said:

Stu's dead though and he was never the mastermind for this kind of battle? He was Billy's pawn. 

Sidney's brother ( Scream 3) started all the mess that happened in Sidney's life,he took revenge cause his mother abandoned him 

2 hours ago, blackoutbritney said:

I honestly think people harp far too much of the scrapped scream 3 plot. I don’t think they will ever bring stu back again it would just make no sense 

This! Like Stu being alive this far into the franchise without it being mentioned once?

13 hours ago, Sexyzinger said:

I place my bets on no killer reveal in S6 but the reveal will be in S7 as Stu Macher and Neve will be on aboard in S7. Bookmark me @Walk_Away21

There's no way they'd bank this entire plot on Neve returning for 7 when that's not even a guarantee.

You think if Scream VI does well in theaters without her, the cheap studio is gonna for some reason offer her more money to appear in 7? I wouldn't be surprised if we never saw Sidney Prescott again.

Roman Holiday
21 minutes ago, TheOnlyOne said:

There's no way they'd bank this entire plot on Neve returning for 7 when that's not even a guarantee.

You think if Scream VI does well in theaters without her, the cheap studio is gonna for some reason offer her more money to appear in 7? I wouldn't be surprised if we never saw Sidney Prescott again.

Honestly... I'm ok with that. I used to think of this franchise as Sid's story but that was really only the case with 1-4. She felt useless in S5 (even though I don't think she had to), so I don't really know what these writers would do with her for 6 and 7. She would just be a lesser Laurie in the new Halloween trilogy. I think I prefer Gale and Kirby having more development, especially Gale since she's always been sidelined when she's just as much a final girl as Sid tbh.

5 minutes ago, Roman Holiday said:

Honestly... I'm ok with that. I used to think of this franchise as Sid's story but that was really only the case with 1-4. She felt useless in S5 (even though I don't think she had to), so I don't really know what these writers would do with her for 6 and 7. She would just be a lesser Laurie in the new Halloween trilogy. I think I prefer Gale and Kirby having more development, especially Gale since she's always been sidelined when she's just as much a final girl as Sid tbh.

I blame Scream 4. They basically gave up trying to develop Sidney’s character after her arc ended in Scream 3. If Scream 4 had added some juicy elements to Sid’s story or introduced deeper connections to Sidney and Jill’s side of the family they might have been able to continue her story. 

6 hours ago, Josh said:

Stu's dead though and he was never the mastermind for this kind of battle? He was Billy's pawn. 

The narrative for S6 will be centered around conspiracy theories, and hinting at Stu as the killer in S7. 

Kevin Williamson originally wrote Scream 3 with Stu Macher as the killer.

Roman Holiday
1 minute ago, GraceRandolph said:

I blame Scream 4. They basically gave up trying to develop Sidney’s character after her arc ended in Scream 3. If Scream 4 had added some juicy elements to Sid’s story or introduced deeper connections to Sidney and Jill’s side of the family they might have been able to continue her story. 

True. I didn't love her story in S4, but I like that it at least still felt like it all came back to her with Jill trying to become her. I wish we had more scenes between Sid and her aunt/Jill/Gale though. If Lauren Graham had played Jill's mom like originally planned it would have been a slay.

Roman Holiday

Tbh Amber should have survived S5. She would have been a good Stu surrogate. 

2 hours ago, Sexyzinger said:

The narrative for S6 will be centered around conspiracy theories, and hinting at Stu as the killer in S7. 

Kevin Williamson originally wrote Scream 3 with Stu Macher as the killer.

and I'm glad that never happened

• ATRL Moderator

I don't know, maybe Kevin could have pulled off the wacky Scream 3 storyline he originally intended or maybe not, but at least the franchise was able to endure regardless. I do sometimes wonder what would have happened if the tragedy of Columbine and studio politics didn't drastically shape that entry. Alas, I have faith in this new creative team and am eagerly anticipating 6's arrival :wanda:

are we really still talking about Stu? hang it up flatscreen!

I just realised I barely remember Scream 5s plot :skull:

Something about a 'legacy remake?'

I'll have to watch it again before 6

Okay, hear me out!! 

So my theory (which probably will not be it) but I think could be fun is that Kirby (and others) are the killers, but here the motive that would make Kirby being a killer super interesting and on-brand with the franchise. 

So in the slew of "Requels" that have come out, the main thing they all tend to do is bring back the most iconic "final girl/scream queen" from the original. Of course, this was somewhat done in "Halloween (2018)", "Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2022)", and of course "Scream (2022)". In doing this, however, they ignore all the other women in these series who were either killed or survived, but not a big enough part of the franchise history to be incorporated into the "requel". 

So in the "Stab" universe which has dived into "requel" territory, Kirby's story is completely erased from the Stab franchise. Stab could incorporate elements of Sidney, Gale, Dewey, Jill, and even Sam/Tara, but Kirby just gets put on the back burner. This could have caused her to snap, feeling as though people don't care that she was brutally attacked by her friends and left for dead. So, in order to insert herself back into the Stab narrative, she hatches a plan to make herself a new "final girl" by setting in motion these murders which ultimately will leave her as the sole survivor, cementing her legacy in the Stab/Scream universe. 

In the trailer, Kirby tells Sam, "We share a certain history". This hints to me that Sam doesn't know who Kirby is, but the only way this is possible is if Kirby's legacy has been completely overshadowed/erased. This could also be cool meta commentary on how women who are not the "final girl" are disregarded in these remakes and franchise legacies. 

TLDR; Kirby should be the main killer in order to set herself up as a new final girl, which could ultimately give us cool commentary on how the non "final girls" are treated in these franchises :coffee2:

I just hope we get a personal motive and not another stupid “we’re in a horror movie xD” lame attempt at a motive 

47 minutes ago, Sexyzinger said:

spacer.png

Omg this is such a SERVE

@Josh @Walk_Away21

spacer.png

Whats this from?

4 hours ago, Josh said:

Whats this from?

Dead By Daylight mask

8 hours ago, CrossingTheCosmo said:

TLDR; Kirby should be the main killer in order to set herself up as a new final girl, which could ultimately give us cool commentary on how the non "final girls" are treated in these franchises

man, every day I am glad that fans don't write scripts lmao

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.