Scream 7 | Neve Campbell | Kevin Williamson to direct

ConceptD

53 minutes ago, Kevin2803 said:

I've seen the theory that Kirby is one of the killers and i can't think of a single reason why she would do it.

She became an FBI agent in an obsession to regain the control she felt she lost when her best friend and love interest turned out to be serial killers and tried killing her but when the killings started again in 5 she knew she had to end it once and for all by killing all previous survivors and links to the past, maybe actually loving Sidney and wanting her alive because she sees herself in her as someone who's never asked for this and has only tried escaping, plus the shared betrayal they both experienced by the same person, and the murders in 5 were about Sam so she wants to stop this before it happens 3 more times, compared to Gale who she does see as attention seeking and another reason why the killings keep happening so she targets her and Sam and doesn't bother Sidney. (or insert any other excuse for Never not being there)

You can even go ahead and say someone random like the dead security guard in 5 was her aunt's husband or they trained together to work in security before she went on to work at the FBI...small town etc, and so she was personally affected once again by the events of 5 and sees this as the only way to finish it.

Oh another option/addition could be 

since it was confirmed Sam is seen as a villain in the public's eye and everyone is sure she was the real killer and managed to cover up her tracks in 5, just like Jill's entire MO was, maybe she believes it too and doesn't trust Sam and sees her as attention seeking so she wants to use her as a vessel for the revenge on Jill she never got

Like that's just one option out of many, it might be the easiest path to go tbh but I hope she's not GF, and I do think they want her for 7 so yeah, maybe for 7 she is a killer though lol, I tbh would love her to be a killer if it's either that or dying in 6 or 7 cause I want to see her in a psycho Jill/Amber reveal but with the added depth of her history and general characterization as level headed and an icon, being the first GF who was already a character in a previous entry, she deserves it oh yes, a simple death wouldn't feel right for her I feel, would not be very impactful.

Whoever the killers are I do see it going in the direction of "good GFs" who actually want to end this for good with a bang so it never happens again.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ampersand13

• Hurem

• Josh

• Chris

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, HungryByTheBuffet said:

but when the killings started again in 5 she knew she had to end it once and for all by killing all previous survivors and links to the past

Funny, i've just seen a TikTok Video with the same theory, but about Sidney. 

3 minutes ago, Kevin2803 said:

Funny, i've just seen a TikTok Video with the same theory, but about Sidney. 

Lol, make her the mastermind of 7 after being missing the whole time and her MO is she's mad Gale got so rich off these murders and no one offered her any money ever, so she's stating her worth, so meta, anyway she is literally never gonna appear in another movie as long as it's in the hands it's currently with I really believe that, there are clearly feelings involved and I honestly believe she had a bad time filming 5. 

4 hours ago, Kevin2803 said:

I've seen the theory that Kirby is one of the killers and i can't think of a single reason why she would do it.

I mean Scream fans love to theorize about anything, no matter how ridiculous :rip:

I agree it doesn’t make sense, but having Sam or Tara be the killer makes even less sense and people are running with that. 

On 1/21/2023 at 4:52 PM, Josh said:

they did a choppy job for 5's trailer. i mean ffs we saw Amber on fire. Also is this why Scream 2's trailer is so different from the final film? For example when Mickey says: "the girl was stabbed 7 times" and then Hallie says "ooh ouch" but wasnt in the film was that part of a workprint? 

Yes we saw Amber on fire but that doesn't mean that we knew that she was the killer though 

On 1/21/2023 at 7:20 PM, GraceRandolph said:
  Hide contents

I don’t think they’ll kill Chad. He’s like the only male survivor left after Dewey’s death. 

I need Mindy to die. Also it is so obvious that they brought Kirby back just to fill in the void of Sidney's absence. It makes no sense for her to be alive especially with the way that she was killed. You mean to tell me Miss Jill would've not come up and finished the job and that the film would forget to mention how someone else survived? Sloppy continuity. 

On 1/21/2023 at 8:53 PM, CrimsonX said:

I just watched Scream V a few days ago but I didn’t know the twins survived, I thought they died. I guess I missed the part where it was revealed that they survived and now I have to go back. I thought the sister was the killer at one point, the brother is kind of cute.

They could go with making the survivors and or siblings one of the killers. That would be a great twist.

On 1/21/2023 at 9:48 PM, Josh said:

Chad was supposed to die but rewritten to survive similar to Dewey in the first film

I'm happy about that. Mindy is overrated. A Randy 3.0/Kirby 2.0. She was so try hard and cringey. 

On 1/21/2023 at 11:00 PM, HungryByTheBuffet said:

I bet they switched it when Neve confirmed to be out so that they could have Hayden in the role that survives the movie in case Neve won't return for 7 to have another legacy-ish character so it's not just Gale as legacy and Tara as new carrying the next movie if they even survive this one, that way also the 3 pushed mains will be one from each period of the franchise, 1-4-5, all of this of course came in the expense of their good friend and co-worker Samara because they knew it's what what would work best for the movie franchise long term, plus they weren't gonna trust Samara's undependable work schedule and cancellation for a multi movie plan after 5 so they knew they had to put her in a Scream movie like planned but have her killed meanwhile miss Hayden is completely free and unbooked and would probably love nothing more than to return to another sequel, too bad they couldn't hire another actress for Sam on that same regard as being what's best for the movie instead of the first name some higher up in Paramount who's a family relative sent them to get her a role to truly kickstart her career...

yes I'm literally writing theory rumors based on unconfirmed allegad rumores to drag sam it's a nature biological response and honestly can't control it oops

OT

All the new additions are great like things like the shrine and mask even if atad dramatic were sorely missed in 5 as some way to connect the events of the movie to the previous ones instead of constantly just referencing the first in a "remember how iconic?" fashion and less like a natural continuation, like 1-4 all connected like a domino of chained events even if not directly (4) still were a response to the history and events, then in 5 the killers reveal was kinda like...we've mentioned the 1st a lot...but the twist is we remember 2-4 too and how abit too much Stab was getting in like 3-4 where it's basically a good chunk of the plot or all of it in 3 so surprise that's the big reveal and our last act, so unthinkable who came up with that, wow.... mostly the connection was Billy being Sam father which of course gave us that famous expedition to Tara in the hospital that cemented miss Sam's view in the eyes of fans...dd lol, obv we never see her conception or existence as his daughter in any of the movies so it does give Roman vibes with the semi controversial soft retconning that fans usually grow to enjoy but add Sam as the face to it and that sums up the reaction she's gotten :-$ 

Obv the killers motivations did end up working really well with the commentary they wanted to serve with it and the actors carried but I think obv it's time to go for a stronger link and have the killers be directly linked, to make it personal, like in 5 they really had no connection or backstory to form a good reason for them to want to start the killings except for being fans of Stab and naturally fun and deranged, so like yeah Radio Silence were lowkey putting up a wall of personal meta defense if the movie was panned by either critics or fans because obviously the movie was very hyped and awaited by many for years but 5 was tricky in particular because if they disrespected Wes or the legacy character in the eyes of fans everybody would be eating RS's downfall for popcorn and lowkey loving it so it was the right move to get a handle on the narrative and the way it worked in lots of ways like they were such big fans getting to make the movie just like the killers etc etc but with the title being back to VI they're clearly looking and ready to go deeper in the lore already set and to build upon it as a direct sequels to the rest

anyway like I said these little twists and turns are gonna be needed moving forward to add a spark that's obviously missing in 5

I'm v excited!!! :gaycat3: 

I wrote so much ohmygod, but about the budget being 10m higher this time, led to me a fun question you can answer, I know Corona was involved so we'll ignore it to ask which would you choose for the upcoming 6 - 5's abysmal sets and filming location because Neve had to be paid that money instead or 6's normal sets and location but no Neve who's so broke by the ordeal rumors have it she's now homeless sleeping on the synthetic grass of Stu's house in 5 where inside of it they're busy filming a Fuller House spin off, I came up with the rumor btw yes 

I mean Hayden wasnt exactly guaranteed with all of the personal troubles that she was going through. What's with the shade towards Samara?? A family relative of Paramount what lol Stab wasn't so heavily involved in 4... I mean Billy having a secret child is not out of this world. He always gave off fuckboy vibes and if he stayed pressing Sidney to sleep with him who's to say he didn't just cheat on her while they dated? Obviously him being a serial killer is a convenient way to cover up and explain it was never revealed in the past. Their was nothing abysmal about 5s set and Neve is far from broke tf was this rant lol 💀 

On 1/22/2023 at 12:57 AM, Sam96 said:

I hope we get a Kirby chase scene with Ghostface and I hope Kirby talks about Jill and Charlie and how she felt when she found out they were the killers in S4

She can get killed off in the finale and please stay dead this time 

On 1/22/2023 at 4:55 AM, Kevin2803 said:

A horror stan and actual horror survivor being a survivor is plausible lol 

On 1/22/2023 at 6:21 AM, HungryByTheBuffet said:

She became an FBI agent in an obsession to regain the control she felt she lost when her best friend and love interest turned out to be serial killers and tried killing her but when the killings started again in 5 she knew she had to end it once and for all by killing all previous survivors and links to the past, maybe actually loving Sidney and wanting her alive because she sees herself in her as someone who's never asked for this and has only tried escaping, plus the shared betrayal they both experienced by the same person, and the murders in 5 were about Sam so she wants to stop this before it happens 3 more times, compared to Gale who she does see as attention seeking and another reason why the killings keep happening so she targets her and Sam and doesn't bother Sidney. (or insert any other excuse for Never not being there)

You can even go ahead and say someone random like the dead security guard in 5 was her aunt's husband or they trained together to work in security before she went on to work at the FBI...small town etc, and so she was personally affected once again by the events of 5 and sees this as the only way to finish it.

Oh another option/addition could be 

Hide contents

since it was confirmed Sam is seen as a villain in the public's eye and everyone is sure she was the real killer and managed to cover up her tracks in 5, just like Jill's entire MO was, maybe she believes it too and doesn't trust Sam and sees her as attention seeking so she wants to use her as a vessel for the revenge on Jill she never got

Like that's just one option out of many, it might be the easiest path to go tbh but I hope she's not GF, and I do think they want her for 7 so yeah, maybe for 7 she is a killer though lol, I tbh would love her to be a killer if it's either that or dying in 6 or 7 cause I want to see her in a psycho Jill/Amber reveal but with the added depth of her history and general characterization as level headed and an icon, being the first GF who was already a character in a previous entry, she deserves it oh yes, a simple death wouldn't feel right for her I feel, would not be very impactful.

Whoever the killers are I do see it going in the direction of "good GFs" who actually want to end this for good with a bang so it never happens again.

An actual brutal send-off for Kirby would actually be very appropriate. I can't stress enough how mad I am the she is actually alive. Jill was brutal and not sloppy so having someone survive her installment made no sense to me. Your latter statement wouldn't work since we're getting a sequel though. 

On 1/22/2023 at 7:13 AM, HungryByTheBuffet said:

Lol, make her the mastermind of 7 after being missing the whole time and her MO is she's mad Gale got so rich off these murders and no one offered her any money ever, so she's stating her worth, so meta, anyway she is literally never gonna appear in another movie as long as it's in the hands it's currently with I really believe that, there are clearly feelings involved and I honestly believe she had a bad time filming 5. 

I mean if Courtney is a producer and aren't they friends? Why didn't she chip in and let the execs know like hey we need her. Make Neve a producer too. Is Courtney getting paid more? Idk something about how this all went down was very weird. The fact that everyone was also like... why couldn't they just pay her was even more weird. Also Neve signed a contract where it says they can't kill Sidney off or make her Ghostface so not gonna happen lol I honestly think it's a case of Neve just tired of them milking the franchise and playing the role again 😂 she's like damn again 😂 

22 hours ago, TheOnlyOne said:

I mean Scream fans love to theorize about anything, no matter how ridiculous :rip:

I agree it doesn’t make sense, but having Sam or Tara be the killer makes even less sense and people are running with that. 

Tara or Sam being the killer is possible. Sam is literally Billy's daughter. With Tara they can just go the PTSD route. A sibling betrayal reveal would be epic if done right.

17 hours ago, publikcitizen said:

I think the commentary for Scream 6 will be either conspiracy theories or true crime. 

That'll make sense if the rumors of Kirby being an FBI are true 

1 hour ago, SchmoodRing said:

Yes we saw Amber on fire but that doesn't mean that we knew that she was the killer though 

I need Mindy to die. Also it is so obvious that they brought Kirby back just to fill in the void of Sidney's absence. It makes no sense for her to be alive especially with the way that she was killed. You mean to tell me Miss Jill would've not come up and finished the job and that the film would forget to mention how someone else survived? Sloppy continuity. 

They could go with making the survivors and or siblings one of the killers. That would be a great twist.

I'm happy about that. Mindy is overrated. A Randy 3.0/Kirby 2.0. She was so try hard and cringey. 

I mean Hayden wasnt exactly guaranteed with all of the personal troubles that she was going through. What's with the shade towards Samara?? A family relative of Paramount what lol Stab wasn't so heavily involved in 4... I mean Billy having a secret child is not out of this world. He always gave off fuckboy vibes and if he stayed pressing Sidney to sleep with him who's to say he didn't just cheat on her while they dated? Obviously him being a serial killer is a convenient way to cover up and explain it was never revealed in the past. Their was nothing abysmal about 5s set and Neve is far from broke tf was this rant lol 💀 

She can get killed off in the finale and please stay dead this time 

A horror stan and actual horror survivor being a survivor is plausible lol 

An actual brutal send-off for Kirby would actually be very appropriate. I can't stress enough how mad I am the she is actually alive. Jill was brutal and not sloppy so having someone survive her installment made no sense to me. Your latter statement wouldn't work since we're getting a sequel though. 

I mean if Courtney is a producer and aren't they friends? Why didn't she chip in and let the execs know like hey we need her. Make Neve a producer too. Is Courtney getting paid more? Idk something about how this all went down was very weird. The fact that everyone was also like... why couldn't they just pay her was even more weird. Also Neve signed a contract where it says they can't kill Sidney off or make her Ghostface so not gonna happen lol I honestly think it's a case of Neve just tired of them milking the franchise and playing the role again 😂 she's like damn again 😂 

Tara or Sam being the killer is possible. Sam is literally Billy's daughter. With Tara they can just go the PTSD route. A sibling betrayal reveal would be epic if done right.

That'll make sense if the rumors of Kirby being an FBI are true 

your hate towards Kirby is weird

Jill was too busy with getting rid of Sydney, she literally didn't give a **** about Kirby being dead and it was Charlie who stabbed her and then Jill killed him too

Kirby was supposed to be back in S5 but since it was too late in the filming they wanted to honor her character and not just do a quick cameo

I doubt she'll die in this installment

1 hour ago, SchmoodRing said:

It makes no sense for her to be alive especially with the way that she was killed. You mean to tell me Miss Jill would've not come up and finished the job and that the film would forget to mention how someone else survived? Sloppy continuity. 

Makes more sense than Stu and people still believe he's alive. We never saw Kirby die, it's not impossible to survive two stab wounds and like the other user said, it's doubtful that Jill really checked on her. And i assume that everything was really chaotic after the events in Jill's house, so it's not impossible that Dewey wasn't informed about her survival when he talked to Jill in the hospital.

And i have another Gale theory: What if she gets attacked and is believed to be dead and then she is found alive, just like Dewey in the first two movies. Would be a cute homage to Dewey and it happened to someone in almost every Scream movie.

2 hours ago, SchmoodRing said:

Stab was referenced constantly in 4 from being literally a half of the opening scene, to the high school club and midway party scenes to one of the killers being a huge stab fan which was the reason he was able to be pushed so easily by Jill so idk if we watched the same movie :emofish:

Obviously I didn't say Billy couldn't have a daughter did I? I criticized the exposition scene while explaining with a dumb reveal like that you at least need good acting and likeability, I can't argue with your takes much longer if you think 5's set was presentable looking for a movie meant for the cinema (not to even tackle the lack of visual viewpoint or aesthetic, we're so off that conversation) there were maybe 1-2 scenes that worked, like Judy's death, but there's no getting around the horrendous handling of Stu’s house

The rest were jokes except for Sam being a terrible character and her acting doesn't help, that's something you gonna need to accept :heart:

OT

I'm really starting to believe Sam will die in 6, I'm getting some vibes tbqh, very excited!

2 hours ago, SchmoodRing said:

Jill literally didn't attack Kirby though? you know who she did attack but didn't kill because she was indeed in fact sloppy? Sidney :emofish:

Edited by HungryByTheBuffet

Some fun theories in this video. Honestly, this might be the most excited I've been for a killer reveal in some time. Still so far away :monkey:

Roman Holiday

I'm geeked! Wish it was releasing this month. Can February die?

Also, perched for Samara being the opening kill. I think she's perfect for that role. She's likable enough to feel sympathy for even if you don't know who she is, and if you do know then it's pretty exciting to see her as the opening kill. 

1 hour ago, Roman Holiday said:

I'm geeked! Wish it was releasing this month. Can February die?

Also, perched for Samara being the opening kill. I think she's perfect for that role. She's likable enough to feel sympathy for even if you don't know who she is, and if you do know then it's pretty exciting to see her as the opening kill. 

Fun fact: Samara Weaving auditioned for Sam Carpenter in 5 when the character was originally white but changed to biracial when Melissa was casted. 

Roman Holiday
3 minutes ago, Josh said:

Fun fact: Samara Weaving auditioned for Sam Carpenter in 5 when the character was originally white but changed to biracial when Melissa was casted. 

I think it was a good call. I know people don't like Sam, but I actually really like Melissa and think the faults of the character is the writing. She doesn't deserve all the hate.

9 minutes ago, Roman Holiday said:

I think it was a good call. I know people don't like Sam, but I actually really like Melissa and think the faults of the character is the writing. She doesn't deserve all the hate.

Glad someone else likes Melissa & Sam! Im excited for more depth in her character in Scream 6 & 7

Roman Holiday

Not the Scream 3 writer being Oscar nominated now for Best Screenplay :bibliahh:

• ATRL Moderator

Not the Scream 3 writer being Oscar nominated now for Best Screenplay :bibliahh:

Mess, I can't believe I'm just now finding this out :dies: Wikipedia also says that he did 'uncredited' rewrites for Scream 4 which is interesting 

He deserved for S3 tbh

Roman Holiday
On 1/22/2023 at 1:33 PM, publikcitizen said:

I think the commentary for Scream 6 will be either conspiracy theories or true crime. 

Definitely true crime. 

12 hours ago, Josh said:

Nope, allegedly Samara was offered the role with NO audition, and was supposed to play Sam till she cancelled on them due to scheduling conflict like I said last page.. xx

2 hours ago, Roman Holiday said:

Definitely true crime. 

Agreed, it would make the most sense and would be the most pertinent 

The true crime angle was already done in the Scream TV show but I guess that’s not technically canon to this storyline? 

Roman Holiday
11 hours ago, Ampersand13 said:

Mess, I can't believe I'm just now finding this out :dies: Wikipedia also says that he did 'uncredited' rewrites for Scream 4 which is interesting 

If I recall correctly, The Weinsteins hired him to do rewrites once they decided against Kevin’s original plan for a trilogy. 

I have a feeling this will be the best sequel in the franchise so far

23 hours ago, ccfan007 said:

Some fun theories in this video. Honestly, this might be the most excited I've been for a killer reveal in some time. Still so far away :monkey:

This video gave me a possible motive for Tara and Kirby.

While i think the true crime motive and the cult are most likely to happen, i was thinking about how Tara and Kirby would fit into that. And it's actually kinda simple. True Crime shows/movies (as we see in real life) often affect the victims or family members of the victims. And Kirby and Tara are both survivors, but not even the ones who get attention. Sam and Sidney are the final girls and Jill is the one who got all the attention in Scream 4. I don't think it's a jealousy motive (like with Jill), but more like that they are sick that all this trauma happened to them and no one really gives a **** about what they have been through, glamorize it and only care about Sam/Sidney/Jill and all the other killers.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.