Scream VI | Out Now!

ConceptD

UGH! I’m so sick of YouTube video recommendations spoiling movies. one of the killers is…. *big spoiler*

jason (Tony Revollori)

spacer.png

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ampersand13

• Hurem

• Josh

• Chris

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, TheOnlyOne said:

spacer.png

This is such a better serve than the hideous official one :jonny3:

Why are all the fan made posters 10x better than what the studio actually pays for :skull:

I love this but Mason Gooding should be on it.

42 minutes ago, Sexyzinger said:

UGH! I’m so sick of YouTube video recommendations spoiling movies. one of the killers is…. *big spoiler*

Reveal hidden contents

jason (Tony Revollori)

spacer.png

It's not a spoiler it's a theory. The guy on the right is just Samara Weaving's cameraman 

Awesome infographic of the shrine :clap3:

11 minutes ago, Josh said:

It's not a spoiler it's a theory. The guy on the right is just Samara Weaving's cameraman 

I would bet money he is one of the killers. He is faking his death of him in the bathtub in the trailer (just like Roman did in Scream 3) The studio wouldn’t spoil a death so clearly in the trailer too.

Just now, Sexyzinger said:

Hide contents

I would bet money he is one of the killers. He is faking his death of him in the bathtub in the trailer (just like Roman did in Scream 3) The studio wouldn’t spoil a death so clearly in the trailer too.

The studios aren't in charge of who edits the trailer. and 1-4 always spoiled the killer in the trailers. 

10 minutes ago, genetic fail said:

Awesome infographic of the shrine :clap3:

some CSI type ****

1 hour ago, Josh said:

The studios aren't in charge of who edits the trailer. and 1-4 always spoiled the killer in the trailers. 

Josh, how do you know the studios aren’t involved with the editing of the trailer and marketing…and I’m sure it could vary by film and studio. 

spacer.png

11 minutes ago, Sexyzinger said:

@Josh, are you Radio Silence?

spacer.png

If I was Radio Silence I wouldn't be a member on here. 

12 minutes ago, Sexyzinger said:

Josh, how do you know the studios aren’t involved with the editing of the trailer and marketing…and I’m sure it could vary by film and studio. 

spacer.png

Cause the editing team and Radio Silence are two different beasts. 

2 hours ago, Josh said:

how do you know? :lakitu:

12 minutes ago, Josh said:

That’s exactly how Radio Silence would answer that question.

spacer.png

Is it too late to squeeze a Xtina cameo in the final cut?

16 minutes ago, wantedyoutogrow said:

how do you know? :lakitu:

Scream subreddit

I can't say with certainty regarding this particular trailer, however, in film school we were taught that studios will send editors who specialize in trailer editing certain scenes/takes to comprise a trailer (meaning, they don't just send an entire cut of the film). So while they certainly get final say, they aren't typically the ones actually editing it. This also explains why sometimes trailers have scenes that aren't in the final product and slightly different takes because some films haven't even finished a final cut by the time a trailer is edited. 

I will say, I think they did a great job of giving us a taste for the brutality of the film without giving too much away. Plus, as others have pointed out, this franchise does misdirects quite well!

15 minutes ago, Ampersand13 said:

I can't say with certainty regarding this particular trailer, however, in film school we were taught that studios will send editors who specialize in trailer editing certain scenes/takes to comprise a trailer (meaning, they don't just send an entire cut of the film). So while they certainly get final say, they aren't typically the ones actually editing it. This also explains why sometimes trailers have scenes that aren't in the final product and slightly different takes because some films haven't even finished a final cut by the time a trailer is edited. 

I will say, I think they did a great job of giving us a taste for the brutality of the film without giving too much away. Plus, as others have pointed out, this franchise does misdirects quite well!

they did a choppy job for 5's trailer. i mean ffs we saw Amber on fire. Also is this why Scream 2's trailer is so different from the final film? For example when Mickey says: "the girl was stabbed 7 times" and then Hallie says "ooh ouch" but wasnt in the film was that part of a workprint? 

Edited by Josh

51 minutes ago, Josh said:

they did a choppy job for 5's trailer. i mean ffs we saw Amber on fire. Also is this why Scream 2's trailer is so different from the final film? For example when Mickey says: "the girl was stabbed 7 times" and then Hallie says "ooh ouch" but wasnt in the film was that part of a workprint? 

I actually don’t know if I’ve seen the Scream 2 trailer, I’ll check it out, but yeah that would explain why some of those scenes or line readings are different! 

Spoiler

I don’t think they’ll kill Chad. He’s like the only male survivor left after Dewey’s death. 

I just watched Scream V a few days ago but I didn’t know the twins survived, I thought they died. I guess I missed the part where it was revealed that they survived and now I have to go back. I thought the sister was the killer at one point, the brother is kind of cute.

6 hours ago, Josh said:

Screaming because this literally sounds like a RS reply and it's the biggest juice this thread has had so far so I'm fueling it and believe you're covering up your tracks :gaycat3:

if you aren't though I do think he would have an account d 

54 minutes ago, CrimsonX said:

I just watched Scream V a few days ago but I didn’t know the twins survived, I thought they died. I guess I missed the part where it was revealed that they survived and now I have to go back. I thought the sister was the killer at one point, the brother is kind of cute.

Chad was supposed to die but rewritten to survive similar to Dewey in the first film

On 1/19/2023 at 8:54 PM, Josh said:

Btw not sure how true this but apparently Samara Weaving and Hayden's roles were switched. Originally Kirby

Reveal hidden contents

was supposed to be a professor at the university Tara is going

and Samara's character was

Reveal hidden contents

the FBI agent that Kirby is now

On 1/19/2023 at 7:24 PM, Artur said:

Ugh, not Kirby, PLEASE! :dancehall:

On 1/19/2023 at 9:52 PM, Attitude said:

I hope they don't kill Gale or Kirby. Kill off the darkness sister instead. 

I bet they switched it when Neve confirmed to be out so that they could have Hayden in the role that survives the movie in case Neve won't return for 7 to have another legacy-ish character so it's not just Gale as legacy and Tara as new carrying the next movie if they even survive this one, that way also the 3 pushed mains will be one from each period of the franchise, 1-4-5, all of this of course came in the expense of their good friend and co-worker Samara because they knew it's what what would work best for the movie franchise long term, plus they weren't gonna trust Samara's undependable work schedule and cancellation for a multi movie plan after 5 so they knew they had to put her in a Scream movie like planned but have her killed meanwhile miss Hayden is completely free and unbooked and would probably love nothing more than to return to another sequel, too bad they couldn't hire another actress for Sam on that same regard as being what's best for the movie instead of the first name some higher up in Paramount who's a family relative sent them to get her a role to truly kickstart her career...

yes I'm literally writing theory rumors based on unconfirmed allegad rumores to drag sam it's a nature biological response and honestly can't control it oops

OT

All the new additions are great like things like the shrine and mask even if atad dramatic were sorely missed in 5 as some way to connect the events of the movie to the previous ones instead of constantly just referencing the first in a "remember how iconic?" fashion and less like a natural continuation, like 1-4 all connected like a domino of chained events even if not directly (4) still were a response to the history and events, then in 5 the killers reveal was kinda like...we've mentioned the 1st a lot...but the twist is we remember 2-4 too and how abit too much Stab was getting in like 3-4 where it's basically a good chunk of the plot or all of it in 3 so surprise that's the big reveal and our last act, so unthinkable who came up with that, wow.... mostly the connection was Billy being Sam father which of course gave us that famous expedition to Tara in the hospital that cemented miss Sam's view in the eyes of fans...dd lol, obv we never see her conception or existence as his daughter in any of the movies so it does give Roman vibes with the semi controversial soft retconning that fans usually grow to enjoy but add Sam as the face to it and that sums up the reaction she's gotten :-$ 

Obv the killers motivations did end up working really well with the commentary they wanted to serve with it and the actors carried but I think obv it's time to go for a stronger link and have the killers be directly linked, to make it personal, like in 5 they really had no connection or backstory to form a good reason for them to want to start the killings except for being fans of Stab and naturally fun and deranged, so like yeah Radio Silence were lowkey putting up a wall of personal meta defense if the movie was panned by either critics or fans because obviously the movie was very hyped and awaited by many for years but 5 was tricky in particular because if they disrespected Wes or the legacy character in the eyes of fans everybody would be eating RS's downfall for popcorn and lowkey loving it so it was the right move to get a handle on the narrative and the way it worked in lots of ways like they were such big fans getting to make the movie just like the killers etc etc but with the title being back to VI they're clearly looking and ready to go deeper in the lore already set and to build upon it as a direct sequels to the rest

anyway like I said these little twists and turns are gonna be needed moving forward to add a spark that's obviously missing in 5

I'm v excited!!! :gaycat3: 

I wrote so much ohmygod, but about the budget being 10m higher this time, led to me a fun question you can answer, I know Corona was involved so we'll ignore it to ask which would you choose for the upcoming 6 - 5's abysmal sets and filming location because Neve had to be paid that money instead or 6's normal sets and location but no Neve who's so broke by the ordeal rumors have it she's now homeless sleeping on the synthetic grass of Stu's house in 5 where inside of it they're busy filming a Fuller House spin off, I came up with the rumor btw yes 

I hope we get a Kirby chase scene with Ghostface and I hope Kirby talks about Jill and Charlie and how she felt when she found out they were the killers in S4

I've seen the theory that Kirby is one of the killers and i can't think of a single reason why she would do it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.