Scream VI | Out Now!

ConceptD

5 hours ago, Richie.Valdez said:

Idk why I feel like this will bomb with both critics and box office.

The only remaining main character is Courtney Cox, success will definitely be affected by Neve Campbell’s absence 

I don't really think that's true. Hardcore fans will watch anyway and some of the younger generation doesn't even know the original. I work in a cinema and most of my co-workers are between 18 and 24 and a lot of them thought Scream and Scary Movie are the same movie and most of them only watched the latter. :skull: And they also watched the new one without watching the original first. 

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ampersand13

• Hurem

• Josh

• Chris

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Richie.Valdez said:

Idk why I feel like this will bomb with both critics and box office.

The only remaining main character is Courtney Cox, success will definitely be affected by Neve Campbell’s absence 

scream 5 aged poorly and it was good for a throwback but there's no anticipation for this

21 minutes ago, Kevin2803 said:

I don't really think that's true. Hardcore fans will watch anyway and some of the younger generation doesn't even know the original. I work in a cinema and most of my co-workers are between 18 and 24 and a lot of them thought Scream and Scary Movie are the same movie and most of them only watched the latter. :skull: And they also watched the new one without watching the original first. 

Then why did they pretty much center the whole Scream 5 marketing around Neve? :skull: Sidney's story is the reason why people are/were invested so much, now hopefully for the sake of the franchise's future (or of the new actors, because **** the studio) audiences became curious/want to follow the new characters too (but after the hype died down, I think a LOT of the excitement about Scream 5 was about getting to see the legacy characters and the continuation of the original story by a hot new directing team) then again Courteney/Gale is still in the movie too so we'll see...

Edited by okgo

Yeah I’ve also noticed people have been looking back at Scream 5 less fondly in the last few months 

Eh. I'm not worried about the 6th movie nor the people not feeling Scream 5. It was a success and regardless of the unfortunate Neve situation, people will still show up for this one. 

Ideally, I'd love for her to be in it, because Sidney IS Scream. But a break is fine and I'm hoping the story is well written. We do need other narratives than Sidney having psychotic family members or scorned relatives of past killers.

I mean the cinema score for 5cream was great for a slasher, and Sydney wasn't even utilized that heavily which means that even people who may have only seen it for her still enjoyed the movie. I think if this film is stronger than (or at the very least, as good as) its predecessor, they could succeed by word of mouth. I may be a little too optimistic, but I genuinely believe the latest film garnered a lot of good will within the horror/slasher fandom and die hard Scream fans. It may not have been everyone's favorite entry, but the audience scores point to it being well liked. The fact that 5cream performed as well as it did despite the fourth installment (wrongfully) underperforming, the creator of the franchise passing, opening in a typically weak box-office slot, and the genre being almost completely wiped from the mainstream (bar Halloween which crashed and burned) is a quiet miracle.

I don't know if Scream 6 (!!) can pull it off, but I have faith, and I can see a scenario in which this film solidifies the franchise the way the second installment did originally. Regardless, these are some of my favorite movies so I know I'll enjoy whatever comes our way :wanda:

10 hours ago, superchaz said:

I’ve got faith that queen Samara will save the movie if Neve isn’t it it.

Ready Or Not Reaction GIF by Fox Searchlight

I fear they're gonna barely use her and her inclusion will be mostly for fan service too but I hope I'm very wrong :dancehall2:

Edited by okgo

3 minutes ago, okgo said:

Hayden's wig :rip:

SHAKING CRYING SCREAMING PISSING :jonnycat:

1 hour ago, okgo said:

I thought that was Leslie Grossman until you said it's Hayden

marge-ashamed.gif

2 hours ago, okgo said:

ahhhh omg omg! this means kirby is not the opening kill! yasssssss! 

14 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

Hayden sis

spacer.png

seriously

the worst part is that her natural hair is great, so why a wig?

These people should’ve never gotten their hands on scream I’m afraid. Ready or not really was a fluke. 

On 11/23/2022 at 7:29 PM, ChapelHooker said:

Samara is the opening kill, isn't she

I really hope the opening kill will be Jenny Ortega’s sister, she was such a terrible actress and I don’t want her ruining another movie 

2 hours ago, okgo said:

This looks fake and even if it isn't it's probably another Stab scene or whataver :redface:

26 minutes ago, Venice B said:

This looks fake and even if it isn't it's probably another Stab scene or whataver :redface:

It’s definitely real, there is an onset picture Jenna shared that is this exact location. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.