Scream VI | Out Now!

ConceptD

Scream 3 is top 3 in the franchise in my opinion. The meta-commentary really came to an organic head, and the whole casting couch/predatory Hollywood men angle was so ahead of its time. Sidney being chased through the set of her house was amazing, and the mansion finale was a serve. Sorry, but the gp and fans get it wrong. Scream 3 also is the only sequel that concludes Sidney's story in a satisfactory way.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ampersand13

• Hurem

• Josh

• Chris

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/27/2022 at 2:24 AM, GraceRandolph said:

Scream 3 is top 3 in the franchise in my opinion. The meta-commentary really came to an organic head, and the whole casting couch/predatory Hollywood men angle was so ahead of its time. Sidney being chased through the set of her house was amazing, and the mansion finale was a serve. Sorry, but the gp and fans get it wrong. Scream 3 also is the only sequel that concludes Sidney's story in a satisfactory way.

Those were definitely the highlights of 3. It just seemed like everyone died with one stab and a lot of people didn't like that or the Maureen scenes.

On 4/27/2022 at 12:24 AM, GraceRandolph said:

Thank you for this! Been waiting for someone to agree with me 

:worship:

7 hours ago, kishi said:

Those were definitely the highlights of 3. It just seemed like everyone died with one stab and a lot of people didn't like that or the Maureen scenes.

Who cares what "a lot of other people didn't like"? make your own opinions.

Scream 3 is absolutely rotten with little redeeming qualities. It's essentially a spoof of the franchise and there's a reason for the most part fans are in agreement that it is the worst one.

Honestly for me all the Scream movies are top notch horror films so while 3 is my personal least fave I can still see why others love it. 

On 4/27/2022 at 1:24 AM, GraceRandolph said:

Ok but the killer was a non factor. The deaths were a non factor and the whole movie itself struggles to find its place in the cannon. It became precisely what it was made to be a satire of. 

9 hours ago, dman4life said:

Honestly for me all the Scream movies are top notch horror films so while 3 is my personal least fave I can still see why others love it. 

Tea. I rag on it, but it still has a special place in my heart 

On 5/3/2022 at 11:26 PM, ccfan007 said:

Who cares what "a lot of other people didn't like"? make your own opinions.

I did.

Yet you were "waiting on someone to agree with you".

Carry on.

Edited by kishi

Sequel takes place outside of Woodsboro, confirmed. :cupid:

Mindy Meeks-Martin, ha return. :alexz:

:doc: 

I was expecting them to move on from this cast. Are Neve and Courteney confirmed? They felt like cameos in the last film

finally made the avi I’ve been thinking about since I saw scream 2022 :alexz:

glad to see the cast returning!

I'm so happy Mindy is coming back

The movie will take place outside of Woodsboro, ******* finally :skull:

32 minutes ago, Mr.Link said:

I was expecting them to move on from this cast. Are Neve and Courteney confirmed? They felt like cameos in the last film

Courtney is confirmed, she said in an interview several weeks ago she already got the script. Hopefully she’ll play an even bigger role on this movie. Gale is nothing short of iconic.

While a lot of familiar faces are returning for the sixth Scream movie, one leading lady tells ET that she's still not sure if she'll be back.

Neve Campbell, who has played Sidney Prescott since the first Scream film, revealed at Monday's Lincoln Lawyer premiere that she's not attached to the upcoming horror film just yet. "I don’t know if I am," she admits, adding that she "can’t get into it."

https://www.etonline.com/scream-6-casting-see-whos-returning-for-highly-anticipated-sequel-183846

18 minutes ago, okgo said:

While a lot of familiar faces are returning for the sixth Scream movie, one leading lady tells ET that she's still not sure if she'll be back.

Neve Campbell, who has played Sidney Prescott since the first Scream film, revealed at Monday's Lincoln Lawyer premiere that she's not attached to the upcoming horror film just yet. "I don’t know if I am," she admits, adding that she "can’t get into it."

https://www.etonline.com/scream-6-casting-see-whos-returning-for-highly-anticipated-sequel-183846

Not a good sign on the direction they're taking the film, I feel like.

EEKK! SO excited already!

I get that Woodsboro has been done before but by the time this film comes out half the franchise will have taken place outside of it so I don't really see an issue.

4 hours ago, okgo said:

****, that doesn’t sound good. She obviously doesn’t like something about the script

8 hours ago, okgo said:

Yikes...

TheOnlyOne

She's saying she can't get into it meaning contract stuff/not being allowed to talk about it, not that she doesn't like the script :rip:

• ATRL Moderator
10 hours ago, Mr.Link said:

I'm okay with Jenna Ortega staying. Tara was a great character. I also liked Mindy a great deal. If they can bring back Kirby from Scream 4, it would be a pretty solid cast of legacy characters that aren't Sidney and Gale. I would like to see Sidney and Gale in the next movies, but in reduced roles similar to Scream 5.

My only wish is that they call Scream 6... Scream 6. I hate that Scream 5 is technically "Scream".

15 hours ago, aahaspider said:

Sequel takes place outside of Woodsboro, confirmed. :cupid:

Mindy Meeks-Martin, ha return. :alexz:

These legends :jonny5:

11 hours ago, Bloo said:

I'm okay with Jenna Ortega staying. Tara was a great character. I also liked Mindy a great deal. If they can bring back Kirby from Scream 4, it would be a pretty solid cast of legacy characters that aren't Sidney and Gale. I would like to see Sidney and Gale in the next movies, but in reduced roles similar to Scream 5.

My only wish is that they call Scream 6... Scream 6. I hate that Scream 5 is technically "Scream".

Watch them butcher the title and serve Scream Again or something :toofunny2:

I will say that at a certain point the numerical titles can be polarizing for audiences (particularly those who haven't kept up with the franchise so I understand their reluctance to it but still)

• ATRL Moderator
9 minutes ago, Ampersand13 said:

Watch them butcher the title and serve Scream Again or something :toofunny2:

I will say that at a certain point the numerical titles can be polarizing for audiences (particularly those who haven't kept up with the franchise so I understand their reluctance to it but still)

Yeah, that's true I guess. 5 is a bit of a high number for a movie franchise. But, I'd prefer if they switched to named sequels instead just to prevent crossover titles.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.