Top Posters In This Topic

That man is delicious. I am excited!

• ATRL Moderator

Do we believe this?

• ATRL Moderator

I don’t believe it but it showed up on my timeline 

• ATRL Moderator
39 minutes ago, Hurem said:

I don’t think she’d confirm it to a random fan.

That's what I'm thinking, there's just no way but now I am a little worried 

Multiple people are reporting it. She either feels slighted by the script/negotiations or wants to put pressure on execs. 

People seem to be okay with it, but for me Sidney has always been as, if not more, important than ghostface to the series. I think the box office will reflect that :michael:

Neve not gonna play ? I'm not gonna watch it then..

I’m fine with Neve not returning. Let Sidney have her peace! 

On 6/2/2022 at 2:47 PM, Roman Holiday said:

Scream 5 has kinda aged like milk for me. Something about the dialogue is just so weak in comparison to KW’s clever writing. The Requel living room scene is so cringe. I hope they focus less on the meta commentary and just develop the plot better for 6. 

I agree. Scream 5 was kinda whack to be honest. Sure, it was nice to have some of the old cast back and to see Ghosty back in action, but the whole premise of the film and script was... a choice. I mean, I knew from the beginning of the film who the killers were - it was just predictable and tried too hard to use the nostalgia to carry the film (Sydney, Gale, the scene in Stu's old home, etc), instead of having a solid plot and characters. Other than the original characters who returned, it was so hard to root for any of the new cast as there was so little character development or anything that made them remotely empathetic or interesting. 

It kinda makes me wish Scream 5/6 had been a reboot with an entirely new storyline and plot. The whole Woodsboro and Sydney thing was wrapped up so nicely in S4, and the way things panned out in S5 kinda felt like an injustice to the original characters and their plots (you know what I'm talking about :weeps:). 

Lol scream 5 was so much better than scream 4 ...scream 5 is the third best movie of the franchise after scream 1 and 2..  I don't get the hate in the comments above!!

Edited by Sweetestsecret

2 hours ago, BlackStar_93 said:

I agree. Scream 5 was kinda whack to be honest. Sure, it was nice to have some of the old cast back and to see Ghosty back in action, but the whole premise of the film and script was... a choice. I mean, I knew from the beginning of the film who the killers were - it was just predictable and tried too hard to use the nostalgia to carry the film (Sydney, Gale, the scene in Stu's old home, etc), instead of having a solid plot and characters. Other than the original characters who returned, it was so hard to root for any of the new cast as there was so little character development or anything that made them remotely empathetic or interesting. 

It kinda makes me wish Scream 5/6 had been a reboot with an entirely new storyline and plot. The whole Woodsboro and Sydney thing was wrapped up so nicely in S4, and the way things panned out in S5 kinda felt like an injustice to the original characters and their plots (you know what I'm talking about :weeps:). 

I agree completely. I loved it when I first saw it but it was kinda disappointing in retrospect and I can’t stand Sam at all as a final girl. Scream 4 truly was that girl when it comes to rewatchability and characters.

Hopefully Scream 6 is good, but I just can’t get behind Sam and tbh for all the praise she got Mindy is bland too and people only really like her because the actor is great and the fact she’s a lesbian. 

1 hour ago, Sweetestsecret said:

Lol scream 5 was so much better than scream 4 ...scream 5 is the third best movie of the franchise after scream 1 and 2..  I don't get the hate in the comments above!!

I guess it's completely subjective and down to personal taste/preference. I think S4+5 are the weakest in the franchise, but S4 is slightly better because the plot is somewhat stronger. The original Woodsboro characters (Syndney, Dewey etc) all feel cohesive within the plot, whereas in S5 it feels like they're shoehorned in. 

Also, S5 has a very similar plot to S4. In fact, it's basically a rehash. 

I mean, Jill's primary motivation in S4 is being a 'final girl' and creating her own Scream movie: S5 is very similar in many ways as Richie and Amber are obsessed with the Stab movies and want to create their own installment. Both films play on the intertextual 'movie within a movie' trope. Jill was a far superior villain in my opinion as she was a much bigger part of the film and they completely tried to throw us off her scent. Richie was predictable, and Amber's character was a bland "edgy teenage girl" who was so obviously part  of the murders from her first appearance on screen. Like they didn't even 

try to hide it.

The torch has been passed. Love Neve and Sidney but I'm completely fine with her sitting this one out.

I'm pretty sure Neve is coming back, like she wouldn't be this dumb to tell that to a fan at a convention

Anyways Jenna basically confirmed Courtney is back too, and supposedly filming starts shooting today :celestial4:

I’m completely fine with Neve/Sidney not coming back for ‘6’ and giving her a break. The movie is already pretty stuffed, you got 4 returning characters plus Gale plus Kirby plus establishing newbies. Taking Sid out opens up enough movie time real estate to do that.

Pllluuusss I get the gut feeling that both Kirby and Gale aren’t making it out of this movie alive. Kirbys return is exciting and I hope they give her a good arc in the movie, but the character is redundant to the overall new story of the series. Have her play the ‘Sid’ mentor role in this movie and send her out with a heroic character death.

Gale is also in danger if they’re pulling a ‘Star Wars’ new trilogy on us. Dewey went first, just like Han, then.....

Imagine if Sid is a cameo at the very end after Gale gets killed, getting a call from Gales phone, then all you get is

’Ghostface Voice’ “This is Gale Weathers, signing off”

End 6 there, bring back Sid and Mark for ‘Scream 7’.

Roman Holiday
5 hours ago, BlackStar_93 said:

2 hours ago, ConceptD said:

I agree completely. I loved it when I first saw it but it was kinda disappointing in retrospect and I can’t stand Sam at all as a final girl. Scream 4 truly was that girl when it comes to rewatchability and characters.

Hopefully Scream 6 is good, but I just can’t get behind Sam and tbh for all the praise she got Mindy is bland too and people only really like her because the actor is great and the fact she’s a lesbian. 

Oop… my campaign is working 

2 hours ago, wantedyoutogrow said:

I'm pretty sure Neve is coming back, like she wouldn't be this dumb to tell that to a fan at a convention

Anyways Jenna basically confirmed Courtney is back too, and supposedly filming starts shooting today :celestial4:

Neve has already said a few months ago to a journalist at a red carpet event that she isn’t feeling the Scream 6 script. She probably isn’t coming back. 

Roman Holiday
25 minutes ago, Mystic Warrior said:

Neve has already said a few months ago to a journalist at a red carpet event that she isn’t feeling the Scream 6 script. She probably isn’t coming back.

Here’s the actual video: 

@ 14:00.

I mean yeah he could be lying or exaggerating, but it feels like something Neve would easily say.

Edited by Roman Holiday

TheOnlyOne

Imagine going up for Scream 4 when it gave Sidney the worst wardrobe of her entire life, made Dewey a complete ******* to his wife, made Gale an irrelevant hasbeen, has hands down the worst Ghostface of the whole franchise, the worst new cast of any and that disgusting filter. The only good parts of the movie are Kirby, who's been outsold by the superior Mindy Meeks-Martin and Jill (post reveal only).

5 is iconic and the box office reflects that. Reminder that 4 killed the franchise for over a decade and 5 got a sequel greenlit in less than a month. 

Jenna said here that Ghostface in 6 is more intimidating and gory than ever before. Fingers crossed he chops Kirby's head off so Scream 4 stans can suffer :heart2:

Imagine trying to put down 4 and your argument being Sidney's wardrobe, the filter and that you don't want to bottom for Ghostface. Kirby, Jill and 

Rebecca Walters outsold. Also, the box office argument is so stale. McDonalds sells a lot too, it doesn't make it fine dining.

I agree with @Roman Holiday, the writing in Scream 5 is just not up there with the snappy writing of KW. It feels like a fan film which it was.

1 hour ago, Roman Holiday said:

Here’s the actual video: 

@ 14:00.

I mean yeah he could be lying or exaggerating, but it feels like something Neve would easily say.

Tbh, coupled with what was reported from that event, I imagine we'll have a confirmation of her turning it down soon. I can understand if they're hesitant to reveal the iconic Sidney Prescott won't be returning to her franchise but I think it's a good move for both character and story. Sidney has fought enough and has a family now. I'm hoping she comes back for the finale but also okay with her sitting the remainder of the franchise out.

Thank GOD — I’m glad we have stopped pretending that Scream 5 is the masterpiece some of y’all hailed it as :clap3:

They're in a tricky position that's definitely gonna divide the fanbase, they should have fought to keep her :dancehall:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.