The View | Season 27

BeenTheShit

1 hour ago, FameFatale said:

I really like Alyssa. She was very respectful over her thoughts on the Texas shooting. All I could think about how childish Meghan would have been if she was still at the table. 

I also thought Alyssa was good today.  I'm glad to see her joining the small, but growing, group of Republicans calling for gun control. :clap3:

Speaking of... I will never forget the day Meghan declared her 2nd amendment right to own a bunch of AK47 style guns was more important than the lives of innocent Americans, especially children.  Then when the other hosts asked her why or what purpose they served, she simply said because she likes them and its her right to own any gun she pleases.  She then ended the segment with something along the lines of: "Come and try to take them from me Beto!  You'll have to pry them out of my cold dead hands!"  It was truly sick and deranged. :pukey:

45 minutes ago, Lead Cenobite said:

Girl for real! She already went and published a piece about Beto being washed up for his challenging Abott. Thank goodness she's gone. :clap3:

Oh that's just rich... Meghan having the audacity to call someone washed up.  Sweetie you went from the #1 daytime talk show to being a columnist on a trashy tabloid site.:lmao:

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BeenTheShit

• FameFatale

• JustHoran

• pokerfaceboy

The View posted Joy and Sunny's Tag Sale adventure. :dies:

And we're back after the long holiday weekend!

• I was happy to see Tara Setmayer back at the table but I did cringe when she said the Texas shooting could've been worse.  With everything we know now, this is not something anyone should be saying. :emofish:
  • I thought Whoopi and Sara made some really good points today regarding the mass shootings.  I whole heartedly agree that enough is enough and AR-15's (assault style weapons) have no place in our society anymore.  As Sara pointed out, they serve no purpose other than to kill rapidly in large numbers.  I also agree with her that we need to up the age limit of gun purchases.  If you can't drink or a rent a car until 21 and 25, you should not be able to buy a gun.
  • Today they made the "Epic Announcement" that was teased last week. :hippo:

Tara really lost me again today during the Texas Shooting topic.  I couldn't believe when she said "they'll just use hand guns" as a rebuttal to Whoopi saying ban the AR-15.  It was honestly embarrassing.  I mean come on Tara... a hand gun has to be steadily aimed and the trigger pulled after each shot, not to mention the constant reloading.  Thus, anyone using a hand gun could easily be disarmed, unlike someone with an AR-15 spraying bullets across an entire room. :ace:

11 hours ago, loveofpopculture said:

Whoopi is over Tara.

Tara is pulling several Meghan's today... what a mess

5 hours ago, pokerfaceboy said:

Tara is pulling several Meghan's today... what a mess

Yeah... Tara was definitely blowing smoke as Whoopi said and her "hand gun" argument was still as invalid as yesterday.  By the way she's been talking these past few days you'd think she's on the NRA's payroll. :deadbanana4:

It's weird because I've always enjoyed Tara as a guest co-host over the years and always felt she brought a higher level of intelligence and perspective to conservations as a conservative.  I was even upset when she revealed Meghan got her blacklisted from appearing on the show.  Now I can't believe I'm listening to her make such terrible and weak arguments surrounding gun legislation and the 2nd Amendment. :biblio:

Finally, the reunion was cute but I was expecting more I guess? :michael:

Today's show was a little lackluster being that it was pre-taped and Ana wasn't there.  I really wanted to hear their thoughts on President Biden's address to the nation last night on gun violence. :katie:

Btw this gif from the super fan segment is absolutely sending me :toofunny2:

Catching up and watched Thursday’s episode — Tara’s (dumb) stance sure made things spicy.  She’s still in 1st place position for that permanent seat, at least for me.

I liked the reunion with The OG’s and while Debbie was there first, Lisa needed to be included.  I definitely wanted more of them too. ?

So Lindsey Granger is back.  She's decent, but I feel she always loves to say "this isn't/shouldn't be a partisan issue" whenever Republicans are clearly in the wrong or being hypocritical.  For example, she talked about how the formula shortage has been affecting her and her daughter personally.  Well news flash, the Republican Party, who you lean and look to, is stonewalling any efforts to fix the situation for the sole purpose of hurting Biden as Whoopi explained.

On another note, since we seem to be getting less Ana with Friday's being pre-taped, I hope she's booked for the entire week of shows in the Bahama's. :coffee2:

On 6/6/2022 at 11:07 PM, BeenTheShit said:

So Lindsey Granger is back.  She's decent, but I feel she always loves to say "this isn't/shouldn't be a partisan issue" whenever Republicans are clearly in the wrong or being hypocritical.  For example, she talked about how the formula shortage has been affecting her and her daughter personally.  Well news flash, the Republican Party, who you lean and look to, is stonewalling any efforts to fix the situation for the sole purpose of hurting Biden as Whoopi explained.

On another note, since we seem to be getting less Ana with Friday's being pre-taped, I hope she's booked for the entire week of shows in the Bahama's. :coffee2:

Today's show is nuts. Lindsey Granger is... I don't even have words. 

25 minutes ago, pokerfaceboy said:

Just saw a couple clips on Twitter and wow... I can't wait to watch it later on Hulu! :eek:

Idk why they keep bringing Lindsey Granger back. She just doesn’t jell with the rest of the panel at all. The vibe just seem completely off. 

8 hours ago, pokerfaceboy said:

I swear Lindsey said: "I know what's right is right and what's wrong is wrong" at least 3 different times while arguing with Sunny and Joy.  No one accused her of not knowing right from wrong?  Sunny was simply asking why she's so hell bent on defending the Republican Party which is morally bankrupt and allows innocent civilians to continue being slaughtered at the mercy of the gun lobby. :biblio:

7 hours ago, D_Man3379 said:

Idk why they keep bringing Lindsey Granger back. She just doesn’t jell with the rest of the panel at all. The vibe just seem completely off. 

It's weird because many people seem to be rooting for her to get the seat, especially some of the big fan/meme accounts on Twitter. :psyduck:

-------

On another note, Sara really shined today when she said this. :clap3:

And finally, Ana took out the trash last night on CNN. :coffee2:

Just finished watching today's show and I was so happy it was actually live! :celestial4:

• They did a great breakdown of last night's hearings.  I was happy they discussed it in depth over 3 segments so everyone got to speak and give their analysis.
  • Lindsey was much more laid back and tolerable today compared to the rest of the week.
  • Queen Ana brought it both days as usual.  I always love how passionate and fired up she gets when discussing things. :heart:
  • These gems :dies:

Anyway, it looks like we're back to Alyssa guest co-hosting again next week.

• 3 weeks later...

The View from the Bahamas so far has been very refreshing. Nice to see them in a different location, even though they left when the Roe news was breaking. We need more of these on location weeks.

32 minutes ago, pokerfaceboy said:

The View from the Bahamas so far has been very refreshing. Nice to see them in a different location, even though they left when the Roe news was breaking. We need more of these on location weeks.

Agreed!  The show has been feeling slightly stale lately so this is exactly what they needed.  Today's episode was even better than yesterday.  Sherri, Bowen, and Matt were perfect guests.  I'm happy Ana is along too. :clap3:

Not sure what happened to Tyra and Andy Grammar who were supposed to appear yesterday, but I honestly was happy we got a full hour of hot topics instead. :michael:

I have been seeing a lot of criticism against the show though.  Many people feel doing the show in the Bahamas is very tone deaf given the current state of the economy and recent court rulings.  However, this was planned months in advance by the show. :katie:

57 minutes ago, BeenTheShit said:

Agreed!  The show has been feeling slightly stale lately so this is exactly what they needed.  Today's episode was even better than yesterday.  Sherri, Bowen, and Matt were perfect guests.  I'm happy Ana is along too. :clap3:

Not sure what happened to Tyra and Andy Grammar who were supposed to appear yesterday, but I honestly was happy we got a full hour of hot topics instead. :michael:

I have been seeing a lot of criticism against the show though.  Many people feel doing the show in the Bahamas is very tone deaf given the current state of the economy and recent court rulings.  However, this was planned months in advance by the show. :katie:

Today's episode was off the rails in the best way. Sherri came to play! So did Bowen and Matt!

I loved the full hour of hot topics yesterday, talking about Sunny getting bought drinks at the bar killed me. 

Eh... people criticize everything I don't read much into opinions on social media. If ratings are still good, it shouldn't matter. Plus I think the resort is fully funding these episodes, so...

These shows are definitely not being done live...  They did not mention the bombshell January 6th hearing at all, but just announced the bipartisan gun bill was signed which happened this past weekend. :biblio:

Love this trip but we need live shows ladies, especially right now. :coffee2:

Edited by BeenTheShit
Typo

Okay so overall The View from the Bahamas was a fun change of pace but it was highly disappointing the shows were not done live.  Plus, why was there no Friday show if they were pre-taping?  At least the random skits were a kii I guess. :toofunny2:

Anyway, it looks like they will be off again this entire week due to the holiday. :katie:

Ok so is The View on summer hiatus now, or when does that happen? My DVR hasn't been recording it so I don't think it's been new? I really liked them in the Bahamas that was fun! I'll be glad to have things back to normal though.

16 hours ago, JustHoran said:

Ok so is The View on summer hiatus now, or when does that happen? My DVR hasn't been recording it so I don't think it's been new? I really liked them in the Bahamas that was fun! I'll be glad to have things back to normal though.

Nope, they were just on break due to the 4th of July and new shows are back Monday.  According to the ticketing website, the last episode of Season 25 is August 4th.  However, it will be taped in the afternoon on Thursday August 3rd.  Thankfully though, it appears the next 3 Friday shows will actually be live. :duca:

19 hours ago, BeenTheShit said:

Nope, they were just on break due to the 4th of July and new shows are back Monday.  According to the ticketing website, the last episode of Season 25 is August 4th.  However, it will be taped in the afternoon on Thursday August 3rd.  Thankfully though, it appears the next 3 Friday shows will actually be live. :duca:

oh yay! I thought they were off starting now, glad to hear there's still shows the rest of this month. 

I haven't been posting in here but I've still been watching. The Bahamas shows were cute, kinda cringe at some parts, but fun and I enjoyed them a lot. It seems like it's been so long since they've been able to do fun shows like that.

Also, do y'all think when they return for 26 in the fall we'll still be doing this random guest host schtick? Personally, I'm ready for a new permanent host. 

Looks like Alyssa is back hosting this week. :coffee2:

Oddly enough, Ana is on her way to NYC right now and says she will be on tomorrow as well. :duca:

6 hours ago, Aristocrat said:

Also, do y'all think when they return for 26 in the fall we'll still be doing this random guest host schtick? Personally, I'm ready for a new permanent host. 

I honestly have become used to the rotating chair and think it helps keep the show fresh and exciting week to week.  Plus I could see the Meghan situation happening all over again where the host is decent at first and then becomes absolutely unbearable. :katie:

I'm more so nervous about Joy potentially announcing she's leaving at the end of this season.  However, I'm pretty confident ABC is going to offer her money she can't refuse to convince her to sign another contract for at least 2-3 more seasons, spanning the upcoming midterms and 2024 election.

So Sara is still out with covid, and Joy was gone again today with no reason given. :huh:

Ginger Zee co-hosted today and Ana was back as well.  Alyssa will be back tomorrow and then Chelsea Clinton is guest hosting Thursday. :coffee2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.