Horror Movies | 2023 HORROR RATE NOW! (pg. 232)

Outlaws

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Reverse Warholian

• ChapelHooker

• The Witch

• genetic fail

Sissy deserved higher but we will take what we can get 

Xbz34kw.gif

Men deserved to be higher tbh 

2 hours ago, ChapelHooker said:

RDayqMZ.png

Written & Directed by Goran Stolevski

117.5 Points

Metacritic: 80

Letterboxd: 3.6

In an isolated mountain village in 19th century Macedonia, a young feral witch accidentally kills a peasant.

She assumes the peasant’s shape to see what life is like in her skin, igniting a deep seated curiosity

to experience life inside the bodies of others.

Trailer

The only artsy fartsy film that deserves Top 10 :shakeno:

2 hours ago, ChapelHooker said:

IYxbkJR.png

Written by Ilja Rautsi

Directed by Hanna Bergholm

127.5 Points

Metacritic: 75

Letterboxd: 3.2

12 year old Tinja is desperate to please her mother, a woman obsessed with presenting the image of a perfect family.

One night, Tinja finds a strange egg. What hatches is beyond belief.

Trailer

This was cute

1 hour ago, ChapelHooker said:

T5RwQyY.png

Written & Directed by Beth de Araújo

127 Points

Metacritic: 82

Letterboxd: 3.1

Taking place in real time, elementary school teacher Emily organizes a mixer of like-minded women,

but an altercation between a woman from Emily’s past and the group leads to a volatile chain of events.

Trailer

The picture alone still terrifies me :mazen:

1 hour ago, ChapelHooker said:

Ddsfz0N.png

Written & Directed by Alex Garland

157 Points

Metacritic: 65

Letterboxd: 2.9

In the aftermath of a personal tragedy, Harper retreats alone to the beautiful English countryside, hoping to find a place to heal.

But someone or something from the surrounding woods appears to be stalking her.

What begins as simmering dread becomes a fully-formed nightmare, inhabited by her darkest memories and fears.

Trailer

Death Listed by: @FunCoric @Reverse Warholian @Walk_Away21 @popmusicisdead @rooby.booby 

@The Witch @mellenthin @SmashingMiley

With -36 Death List points the most hated movie of the rate. 

Made Top 25 despite facing adversity :clap3:

50 minutes ago, ChapelHooker said:

eNCXiBS.png

Written & Directed by Kane Senes and Hannah Barlow

160.5 Points

Metacritic: 67

Letterboxd: 3.3

Cecilia is a successful social media influencer living the dream, until she runs into her ex-childhood best friend

and is invited away on her bachelorette weekend. Suddenly, Sissy finds herself stuck in a remote cabin with her school bully…

and a taste for revenge

Trailer

Death Listed by: @FunCoric

Meh

I remember watching Soft & Quiet not knowing/reading anything about it, whew did not expect that…an absolutely harrowing watch. I almost punched my screen from the fumes 

d424fbf3b73c4eac0749617c3bcab62912cd8f09

Men slayed as it deserved :clap3:sissy and soft and quiet also served talent. When all is said and done I need to gather up a list of what I haven't seen cause I've neglected watching new horror last year.

1 minute ago, Lord Gaga said:

Men slayed as it deserved :clap3:sissy and soft and quiet also served talent. When all is said and done I need to gather up a list of what I haven't seen cause I've neglected watching new horror last year.

i will collect the results from time to time in the OP on Page 79, and will put a link to a letterboxd list in the final post x

Men at 25 is pretty deserving, the acting was superb, the only problem I had was the pacing of the end

MEN WAS ROBBED! DESERVED TOP 15. :biblio:

Sissy :clap3: a nice surprise.

Didn't care for the rest of these

Roman Holiday

Haven't seen Sissy, but the rest won't be missed. 

Soft and Quit was a bit... too real. I usually don't question a director's intentions, but some parts felt like a weird fantasy fulfillment. 

How is scat 5 still in :deadbanana2:

Prey wasn't groundbreaking or anything but it has no business being that low when there other **** titles way above it :pig:

9 hours ago, Reverse Warholian said:

26. Men 

Christina+Aguilera+Outerwear+Vest+rZR5qe

Written & directed by Alex Garland 

128 pts 

MC: 65

#1 Most Deathlisted 

90 mins of men saying things and Jessie Buckley responding "...what?" while an ambient soundtrack plays. 

Oh, the_evil_is_defeated.gif :party: 

9 hours ago, ChapelHooker said:

eNCXiBS.png

Written & Directed by Kane Senes and Hannah Barlow

160.5 Points

Metacritic: 67

Letterboxd: 3.3

Cecilia is a successful social media influencer living the dream, until she runs into her ex-childhood best friend

and is invited away on her bachelorette weekend. Suddenly, Sissy finds herself stuck in a remote cabin with her school bully…

and a taste for revenge

Trailer

Death Listed by: @FunCoric

You are all tasteless who*es!!! Tragic AF!!!!!!!!!!

11 hours ago, ChapelHooker said:

Ddsfz0N.png

157 Points

In the aftermath of a personal tragedy, Harper retreats alone to the beautiful English countryside, hoping to find a place to heal.

What begins as simmering dread becomes a fully-formed nightmare, inhabited by her darkest memories and fears.

Trailer

Death Listed by: @FunCoric @Reverse Warholian @Walk_Away21 @popmusicisdead @rooby.booby 

Screaming at it being the most death listed but still coming in at 25 :deadbanana2: Lord Gaga and co must have placed it top 5. Yikes! Good riddance to this flop though!

11 hours ago, Reverse Warholian said:

Friendly reminder that OAFH (obsessed artsy fartsy hater) @Johnny Cash remains the sole user who's lost their #1 movie! 

Talent doesn't always win, specially on ATRL :chick3:

Anyway, congrats to Men for making the Top 25 despite the massive sabotage :clap3:  I just KNOW some gays are bitter that it wasn't lower :sistrens:

1 hour ago, Walk_Away21 said:

Screaming at it being the most death listed but still coming in at 25 :deadbanana2: Lord Gaga and co must have placed it top 5. Yikes! Good riddance to this flop though!

An Andrea Riseborough tea! 

p2GEciW.png

Written by Jonathan Frank & Scott Mann

Directed by Scott Mann

168 Points

Metacritic: 62

Letterboxd: 2.7

For best friends Becky and Hunter, life is all about conquering fears and pushing limits. But after they climb 2,000 feet to the top of a remote,

abandoned radio tower, they find themselves stranded with no way down. Now Becky and Hunter’s expert climbing skills will be put to the ultimate test

as they desperately fight to survive the elements, a lack of supplies, and vertigo-inducing heights.

Trailer

6 minutes ago, ChapelHooker said:

p2GEciW.png

Written by Jonathan Frank & Scott Mann

Directed by Scott Mann

168 Points

Metacritic: 62

Letterboxd: 2.7

For best friends Becky and Hunter, life is all about conquering fears and pushing limits. But after they climb 2,000 feet to the top of a remote,

abandoned radio tower, they find themselves stranded with no way down. Now Becky and Hunter’s expert climbing skills will be put to the ultimate test

as they desperately fight to survive the elements, a lack of supplies, and vertigo-inducing heights.

Trailer

I was so terrified during this movie that i actually cried. I am extremely afraid of heights.

14 hours ago, ChapelHooker said:

Ddsfz0N.png

157 Points

Trailer

:clap3:

14 hours ago, ChapelHooker said:

truly honestly 25 is a perfect spot for Men. It was a very controversial movie but there are things to like about it. Just as much people had it low on their list as the **** list and some put it in their top 5 which did a lot. Personally it was in my top 10 :fan:

THIS. I had it at exactly #25 on my list! (But now I wish I ranked it even higher for the kii lol)

eMRbq30.png

Written & Directed by Eskil Vogt

174 Points

Metacritic: 79

Letterboxd: 3.6

Four children become friends during the summer holidays, and out of sight of the adults they discover they have hidden powers.

While exploring their newfound abilities in the nearby forests and playgrounds, their innocent play

takes a dark turn and strange things begin to happen.

Trailer

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.