Horror Movies | 2023 HORROR RATE NOW! (pg. 232)

Outlaws

17 minutes ago, blackoutbritney said:

When do you guys think they will reboot Halloween again? Do you think they’ll turn it into a series next or is it dead now 

I could see a Gen Z tv series on Peacock or Netflix. They should probably wait a few years though so people can forget the abominations that were the last couple movies 

200.gif

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Reverse Warholian

• ChapelHooker

• The Witch

• genetic fail

3 minutes ago, Jay L said:

I could see a Gen Z tv series on Peacock or Netflix. They should probably wait a few years though so people can forget the abominations that were the last couple movies 

200.gif

I think it’d be cool actually if the show took place in the 70s to give it a distinct vibe 

15 minutes ago, blackoutbritney said:

I think it’d be cool actually if the show took place in the 70s to give it a distinct vibe 

Love this idea. Would be a major serve. If done right. Lady Gaga Lips GIF

I don’t think you need to wait to reboot. I more think that they need to be quick and reinvent the Jesus out of the franchise. ASAP. That’s also a way to make people forget the multiple eyesores that were offered from 2018 and onward. Michael Myers Halloween GIF by Entertainment Weekly

30 minutes ago, blackoutbritney said:

When do you guys think they will reboot Halloween again? Do you think they’ll turn it into a series next or is it dead now 

Next year with Jenna Ortega taking Curtis's role and Evans Peter as Michael Myers

Michael Myers Halloween GIF by Entertainment Weekly

2 minutes ago, The Witch said:

Next year with Jenna Ortega taking Curtis's role and Evans Peter as Michael Myers

You misspelled Mia Goth. 

1 hour ago, The Witch said:

Get Ryan Murphy on this and it’d be a slay for the first 2 seasons 

6 hours ago, Jay L said:

Offseason was pretty bad so I'm glad it got it's deserved flop position :clap3:

I also ranked all the movies I saw not just my favorites :dies: oops

Same. :toofunny3:

4 hours ago, blackoutbritney said:

They better call up Rob Zombie QUICK

World's Fair and What Josiah Saw were towards the bottom of my list, but RIP. Both pretty good movies

Confused, will the **** list be a separate thing or are those points already counting? I see the negative votes for Umma (deserved), but ATRL told me that MEN was a bottom tier movie of the year :coffee:

20 minutes ago, SitarHero said:

They better call up Rob Zombie QUICK

Oh god no, the whole psychedelic mommy **** was so bad in h2

1 hour ago, SitarHero said:

World's Fair and What Josiah Saw were towards the bottom of my list, but RIP. Both pretty good movies

Confused, will the **** list be a separate thing or are those points already counting? I see the negative votes for Umma (deserved), but ATRL told me that MEN was a bottom tier movie of the year :coffee:

Those points were for sabotaging and will be counted into the final score but I will be giving special shout outs to the movies that received the biggest minus points :fan: 

10 hours ago, ChapelHooker said:

Welcome back! Let's get onto the...

flyU2Ib.png

These movies got more than two votes, but flopped so tremendously that it deserves a special shot out! Hello flops!

68. Jeepers Creepers Reborn (-6 pts.)

Letterboxd

67. Umma (-4.5 pts.)

MC: 51 / Letterboxd

66. Prey for the Devil (-3 pts.)

MC: 38 / Letterboxd

65. Christmas Bloody Christmas (4 pts.)

MC: 46 / Letterboxd

64. Mr. Harrigan's Phone (8.5 pts.)

MC: 55 / Letterboxd

63. We're All Going to the World's Fair (12.6 pts.)

MC: 78 / Letterboxd

62. The Eternal Daughter (14 pts.)

MC: 80Letterboxd

61. House of Darkness (15.5 pts.)

MC: 54 / Letterboxd

60. Off Season (18 pts.)

MC: 55 / Letterboxd

59. Choose or Die (18 pts.)

MC: 43 / Letterboxd

58. Day Shift (19.5 pts.)

MC: 51 / Letterboxd

57. Hellbender (21 pts.)

MC: 70 / Letterboxd

56. All My Friends Hate Me (21 pts.)

MC: 71 / Letterboxd

55. The Cursed (21 pts.)

MC: 62 / Letterboxd

later today I will reveal the Bubbling in Hell list and the first results of the Top 40! See you there!

@FunCoric @Reverse Warholian @mokitsu @Walk_Away21 @Kevin2803 @Lord Gaga @hypnodemiluv

@Euterpe @Companion @Desire @popmusicisdead @Roman Holiday @rooby.booby

@antoine_ @The Witch @SitarHero @genetic fail @Jamie£er @Delirious

@kweenofxanax @Roberto @mellenthin @DEGUOM @Jay L @Bimbo @enchanted0

@SmashingMiley @kandicha @Bhabylon @Johnny Cash

MEN.com didn’t make it? :biblio:

3 hours ago, Euterpe said:

Same. :toofunny3:

Yeah same. I didn’t separate into a **** list either

10 minutes ago, SmashingMiley said:

later today I will reveal the Bubbling in Hell list and the first results of the Top 40! See you there

We're ready queen 

200.gif

Roman Holiday

Michael is over. Let that old ***** rest in pieces. 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Roman Holiday said:

Michael is over. Let that old ***** rest in pieces. 

spacer.png

Evil never dies

sorry for the delay my computer was not working with me but we are ready to go!

...as promised! Here are the movies that will be

uFoa2ap.png

These got multiple mentions and votes over 21 points. Well done! 

54. Margaux

Directed by Steven C. Miller

Written by Chris Sivertson, Chris Beyrooty & Nick Waters

21.5 Points / Letterboxd: 2.3

As a group of seniors celebrate their final college days at a smart house, the house’s highly advanced AI system, Margaux, begins to take on a deadly presence of her own. A carefree weekend of partying turns into a dystopian nightmare as they realize Margaux’s plans to eliminate her tenants one way or another. Time begins to run out as the group desperately tries to survive and outsmart the smart home.

53. Matriarch

Written & Directed by Ben Steiner

22.5 Points / Letterboxd: 2.5

Afflicted with a mysterious disease after surviving an overdose, a woman returns to her childhood home to confront her personal demons but instead discovers a real one.

52. Gone in the Night

Directed by Eli Horowitz 

Written by Eli Horowitz & Matthew Derby

23.5 Points / Metascore: 52 / Letterboxd: 2.2

Upon arriving at a remote cabin in the redwoods, Kath and her boyfriend find a mysterious younger couple already there — the rental has apparently been double-booked. They decide to share the cabin with these strangers until the next morning, but her boyfriend disappears with the young woman, which sends Kath in a spiral to find an explanation for their sudden breakup — but the truth is far stranger than she could have imagined.

51. My Best Friend's Exorcism

Directed by Damon Thomas

Written by Jenna Lamia & Grady Hendrix

23.5 Points / Metascore: 58 / Letterboxd: 2.5

The year is 1988. Abby and Gretchen have been best friends since fourth grade. After an evening of skinny-dipping goes disastrously wrong, Gretchen begins to act…different, which leads Abby to suspect her best friend may be possessed by a demon. With help from some unlikely allies, Abby embarks on a quest to save Gretchen. But is their friendship powerful enough to beat the devil?

50. Flux Gourmet

Written & Directed by Peter Strickland

23.5 Points / Metascore: 79 / Letterboxd: 3.3

At an institute devoted to culinary and alimentary performance, a collective finds themselves embroiled in power struggles, artistic vendettas and gastrointestinal disorders.

49. The Viewing (Cabinet of Curiosities)

Directed by Panos Cosmatos

Written by Panos Cosmatos & Aaron Stewart-Ahn

25.5 Points / Letterboxd: 3.5

A wealthy recluse hosts four accomplished guests at his stylish mansion for a once-in-a-lifetime experience, but their intrigue soon turns into terror.

48. Firestarter

Directed by Keith Thomas

Written by Stephen King & Scott Teems

26 Points / Metascore: 32 / Letterboxd: 1.8

For more than a decade, parents Andy and Vicky have been on the run, desperate to hide their daughter Charlie from a shadowy federal agency that wants to harness her unprecedented gift for creating fire into a weapon of mass destruction. Andy has taught Charlie how to defuse her power, which is triggered by anger or pain. But as Charlie turns 11, the fire becomes harder and harder to control. After an incident reveals the family’s location, a mysterious operative is deployed to hunt down the family and seize Charlie once and for all. Charlie has other plans.

47. The Outside (Cabinet of Curiosities)

Directed by Ana Lily Amirpour

Written by Haley Z. Boston

26 Points /  Letterboxd: 3.2

Longing to fit in at work, awkward Stacey begins to use a popular lotion that causes an alarming reaction, while an unnerving transformation takes shape.

46. Glorious

Directed by Rebekah McKendry

Written by Todd Rigney, Joshua Hull & David Ian McKendry 

27 Points / Metascore: 60 / Letterboxd: 3.0

After a breakup, Wes ends up at a remote rest stop. He finds himself locked inside the bathroom with a mysterious figure speaking from an adjacent stall. Soon Wes realizes he is involved in a situation more terrible than he could imagine.

45. Master

Written & Directed by Mariama Diallo

35 Points / Metascore: 66 / Letterboxd: 2.9

At an elite New England university built on the site of a Salem-era gallows hill, two black women strive to find their place. Navigating politics and privilege, they encounter increasingly terrifying manifestations of the school’s haunted past… and present.

44. Run Sweetheart Run

Written & Directed by Shana Feste

36 Points / Metascore: 51 / Letterboxd: 2.8

A woman runs for her life though the streets of Los Angeles after her blind date suddenly turns violent.

43. They/Them

Written & Directed by John Logan

39 Points / Metascore: 46 / Letterboxd: 1.6

Campers at an LGBTQ+ conversion camp endure unsettling psychological techniques while the campsite is stalked by a mysterious killer.

42. The Autopsy (Cabinet of Curiosities)

Directed by David Prior

Written by David S. Goyer & Michael Shea

42 Points / Letterboxd: 3.7

A seasoned sheriff investigates a dead body in the woods and calls on an old pal, a medical examiner, to help piece together a series of chilling events.

41. The House

Directed by Paloma Baeza, Niki Lindroth von Bahr, Emma De Swaef & Marc James Roels

Written by Paloma Baeza, Enda Walsh, Niki Lindroth von Bahr, Johannes Nyholm, Emma De Swaef& Marc James Roels

44 Points / Metascore: 71 / Letterboxd: 3.5

Across different eras, a poor family, an anxious developer and a fed-up landlady become tied to the same mysterious house in this animated dark comedy.

Revealing the Top 40 will finally start today! Get ready for some gags!

@FunCoric @Reverse Warholian @mokitsu @Walk_Away21 @Kevin2803 @Lord Gaga @hypnodemiluv

@Euterpe @Companion @Desire @popmusicisdead @Roman Holiday @rooby.booby

@antoine_ @The Witch @SitarHero @genetic fail @Jamie£er @Delirious

@kweenofxanax @Roberto @mellenthin @DEGUOM @Jay L @Bimbo @enchanted0

@SmashingMiley @kandicha @Bhabylon @Johnny Cash

Watched Megan and it was honestly amazing. Loved everything about it and it exceeded my expectations. I cannot wait for the second installment. 

Also I've started watched the tv series " Servant" and iam HOOKED. Only 3mins an episode yet so much is happening. Apple tv is truly underrated. Much better than Netflix shows I believe.

i forgot about Mia Goth's The House. i really liked it too for some reason I thought that came out in 2021. :rip:

also i'm still IN-IN :clap3:

1 hour ago, popmusicisdead said:

i forgot about Mia Goth's The House. i really liked it too for some reason I thought that came out in 2021. :rip:

also i'm still IN-IN :clap3:

The House isn’t really horror imo

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.