Horror Movies | 2023 HORROR RATE NOW! (pg. 232)

Outlaws

X is so overrated to me? the backstory of the old woman is cool but other than that its a forgottable slasher with mid kills

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Reverse Warholian

• ChapelHooker

• The Witch

• genetic fail

5 hours ago, rooby.booby said:

Ok, THE MENU was THAT movie. I love it so much. A slay indeed. 

Love that for you! Chef Ralph Fiennes deserves a Best Supporting Actor nom at the Oscars 

CzVdba6.gif

2 hours ago, Jay L said:

MIDsommar is no Hereditary, Pearl or X

sG0sS1x.gif

Do you work at a restaurant? If so you must be a TERRIBLE server for this tea spillage! 

CzVdba6.gif

@Walk_Away21

3 hours ago, lillavend3r said:

Anyone remember where MIDsommar placed on the 2010's rate? Cause that was not the serve some of y'all said it was

Also, where are the rate teasers the title says?

sG0sS1x.gif

bedroom scene in Terrifier 2 :dancehall:

I’ve had nightmares over it… it was hands down one of most brutal and disgusting things I’ve ever seen in a movie. The fact that some people are fans of these scary serial killer characters… makes me wonder the state of the world.

Edited by shinyshimmery

25 minutes ago, Bimbo said:

Why would you even compare X and Pearl to Midsommar and Hereditary 

spacer.png

Right, cause X and Pearl are better

sG0sS1x.gif

I'm partially kidding, Hereditary is great unlike MIDsommar

Just watched Pearl and let me tell you I WAS FLOORED!!!! the direction, the acting… INSANE!!! Like the plot and everything is nothing too crazy for a horro movie but Mia’s acting takes it to a whole new level. That monologue at the end!!!! Chileee if it is for another movie it would be oscar worthy material right there. Definitely a classic that will be remembered for years to come.

10 minutes ago, Likingstars said:

Just watched Pearl and let me tell you I WAS FLOORED!!!! the direction, the acting… INSANE!!! Like the plot and everything is nothing too crazy for a horro movie but Mia’s acting takes it to a whole new level. That monologue at the end!!!! Chileee if it is for another movie it would be oscar worthy material right there. Definitely a classic that will be remembered for years to come.

Exactly exactly :clap3:

2 hours ago, Bimbo said:

Why would you even compare X and Pearl to Midsommar and Hereditary 

spacer.png

Stop putting successful horror girls against each other

We should be dragging the true enemy here (Scream 5 and The Whack Phone)

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Likingstars said:

Do you work at a restaurant? If so you must be a TERRIBLE server for this tea spillage! 

spacer.png

The Menu was absolutely excellent, I really enjoyed everything it did. But the people I went to the theater with said it was corny? Tell me girls, is this another Men/The Black Phone situation where I'm simply ahead of my time, or are they just not the horror connoisseurs I thought they were? Accepting calls now.

spacer.png

All the Pearl praise, first time watching today. :lakitu:

I watched The Menu last night, I loved it.  The cast is incredible, I love the asian assistant especially. 

30 minutes ago, DelRey said:

I watched The Menu last night, I loved it.  The cast is incredible, I love the asian assistant especially. 

Hong Chau is one of the most talented newcomers of recent years, I'm so glad she is getting the work she deserves. A Best Supporting Actress nom is in the cards for her for The Whale.

13 hours ago, shinyshimmery said:

bedroom scene in Terrifier 2 :dancehall:

I’ve had nightmares over it… it was hands down one of most brutal and disgusting things I’ve ever seen in a movie. The fact that some people are fans of these scary serial killer characters… makes me wonder the state of the world.

the amount of comments I saw that were like "this isn't even bad" or "you think this is gross? imao" ... like... that's not a normal reaction :deadbanana2: and idc if it was "camp" or whatever, its was insane

14 hours ago, genetic fail said:

Also, where are the rate teasers the title says?

sG0sS1x.gif

Early to mid December announcement <3

also, Hereditary >>>>> Pearl > Midsommar > X but all are excellent tbh

10 hours ago, ChapelHooker said:

the amount of comments I saw that were like "this isn't even bad" or "you think this is gross? imao" ... like... that's not a normal reaction :deadbanana2: and idc if it was "camp" or whatever, its was insane

It was so over the top but also made my stomach drop. Poor (that person) it was horrible. 

19 hours ago, SitarHero said:

The Menu was absolutely excellent

are they just not the horror connoisseurs I thought they were?

Two truths 

CzVdba6.gif

is this another Men/The Black Phone situation where I'm simply ahead of my time

...and a lie! 

sG0sS1x.gif

24 minutes ago, Speaker Phone said:

I watched the remake of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre from 2003.

To be honest I like this film so much that I even prefer it to the original (that's not to say it's the better film, it's not, but I do like it more). It's very grimy, has great gore, a killer atmosphere, and an outstanding performance from R. Lee Ermey. The film wisely sticks to the premise of the original but it also is clever enough to introduce new characters, thus not letting us know what to expect even though a strong sense of dread is looming.

& Mike Vogel in that tank top the entire time. :campfire:

hVxA11j.jpg

Lord I knew I was gay AF after watching that movie. He was so damn sexy. 

8 hours ago, FunCoric said:

bones and all is flopping 

I watched the trailer and it did not look good tbh :michael: reviews are decent but it doesn't seem to be translating to audiences. I'll wait till its free on streaming

5du9qGo.thumb.gif.cba86bcb738c3353a47e89

Watched Marrowbone expecting a creepy lil spook and ended up in my feelings um

5du9qGo.thumb.gif.cba86bcb738c3353a47e89

Edited by Bimbo

• ATRL Moderator

What's the consensus of Pearl v. X on here? I haven't seen Pearl yet (really want to) but I was a little disappointed by X. There was so much talk of subversion and originality and I didn't think it did anything groundbreaking. To me it was just an above average slasher with strong performances. Enjoyable for sure but a little hallow I suppose? Pearl just seems like it has a much stronger plot so I was curious to hear what y'all think :jamming:

9 minutes ago, Ampersand13 said:

What's the consensus of Pearl v. X on here? I haven't seen Pearl yet (really want to) but I was a little disappointed by X. There was so much talk of subversion and originality and I didn't think it did anything groundbreaking. To me it was just an above average slasher with strong performances. Enjoyable for sure but a little hallow I suppose? Pearl just seems like it has a much stronger plot so I was curious to hear what y'all think :jamming:

Now that you mention, I don't think I've seen anyone prefer X to Pearl. Cute next to gorgeous though. Pearl is pretty perfect.

• ATRL Moderator
3 minutes ago, SitarHero said:

Now that you mention, I don't think I've seen anyone prefer X to Pearl. Cute next to gorgeous though. Pearl is pretty perfect.

I really have to watch Pearl, I just have so many shows/films to catch up on (plus all the new Oscar movies :redface:) I'm suffering from content overload methinks 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.