Horror Movies | 2023 HORROR RATE NOW! (pg. 232)

Outlaws

On 10/27/2022 at 12:35 AM, genetic fail said:

THEE Horror Connoisseur's  Top 10 list of 2022 (so far):

1. Scream
  2. X
  3. Barbarian
  4. NOPE
  5. Pearl
  6. Fresh
  7. Deadstream
  8. The Innocents
  9. You Won't Be Alone
  10. Bodies Bodies Bodies

Just waiting for The Menu & Bones and All, I guess :keir:

THEE Horror Connoisseur’s Updated Top 10 list of 2022 (now that I’ve seen The Menu & Bones and All):

1. Scream (=)

2. X (=)

3. Barbarian (=)

4. NOPE (=)

5. Pearl (=)

6. Fresh (=)

7. Deadstream (=)

8. The Menu (NEW)

9. The Innocents (-1)

10. You Won’t Be Alone (-1)

Bodies Bodies Bodies (OUT)

Idk if there are any other major horror releases to wait for this year. Maybe Nanny but the trailer looks meh.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Reverse Warholian

• ChapelHooker

• The Witch

• genetic fail

2 hours ago, Reverse Warholian said:

Screenshot-20221112-172057-01.jpg

1 hour ago, genetic fail said:

I agree with the wench above. Her taste is right, for once.
sG0sS1x.gif 

Well that was simple. I’m on it! Don’t let me down! 
sG0sS1x.gif

6 hours ago, Khamis said:

Ok girls. Y’all know my alleged trash taste…. Ive fallen behind on my horror movie watches but I got time for one movie tonight and it’s gotta be a good one. Which should it be?! 

Barbarian, Nope, or Smile? @Reverse Warholian @genetic fail

@mellenthin and anyone with an opinion!

sG0sS1x.gif 

Barbarian without a doubt!

Nope you can throw in the trash on sight!

sG0sS1x.gif

Smile has some unique and interesting ideas, but the movie is a whole isn't anything next level. Although I still think it's worth a watch for some of the scares and audio design!

sG0sS1x.gif

Barbarian was EXCELLENT. Thanks for the serotonin boost. I felt like myself again watching it! @Reverse Warholian @genetic fail @mellenthin

sG0sS1x.gif

Spoiler

The first third of the film before the big reveal was perfect. Unsettling and unnerving as we have no clue what’s going on or who to trust. Exactly the feeling I look for when watching a horror movie.

My one complaint is that I didn’t care for the “monsters” design. I don’t like when we see too much of a creature like that. It takes me out of it, if you know what I mean

Edited by Khamis

I liked Barbarian, but Justin's character stupidity was just too much :skull: I mean who in their right mind would go deeper into that dungeon the way he did 

Has Anya served another horror masterpiece?  Has she topped Nope and Barbarian and released the best horror film of the year?

Nocebo was pretty bad :rip:

Eva Green's acting was too good for such a horrendous script and it was obvious. 

Vivarium was so much better.

5 hours ago, Khamis said:

Barbarian was EXCELLENT. Thanks for the serotonin boost. I felt like myself again watching it! @Reverse Warholian @genetic fail @mellenthin

sG0sS1x.gif

Reveal hidden contents

The first third of the film before the big reveal was perfect. Unsettling and unnerving as we have no clue what’s going on or who to trust. Exactly the feeling I look for when watching a horror movie.

My one complaint is that I didn’t care for the “monsters” design. I don’t like when we see too much of a creature like that. It takes me out of it, if you know what I mean

Omg stan! 

CzVdba6.gif

as a Northern European, Speak No Evil was such a biting and clever satire! The way it uses those annoying horror tropes to reveal its themes, it has so many genius character moments. And the god damn ending :jonnycat: one of the best of the year tbh.

Omg The Menu was really good! A unique movie that had me both stressed and laughing. Anya Taylor Joy is still that b*tch

CzVdba6.gif

8 hours ago, Miles. said:

Has Anya served another horror masterpiece?  Has she topped Nope and Barbarian and released the best horror film of the year?

Cleared Nope with ease, but Legendarian remains largely unbothered. 

CzVdba6.gif

12 hours ago, ChapelHooker said:

as a Northern European, Speak No Evil was such a biting and clever satire! The way it uses those annoying horror tropes to reveal its themes, it has so many genius character moments. And the god damn ending :jonnycat: one of the best of the year tbh.

Totally agree! Maybe you need to be Northern European to fully understand this masterpiece!

CzVdba6.gif

39 minutes ago, mellenthin said:

Totally agree! Maybe you need to be Northern European to fully understand this masterpiece!

CzVdba6.gif

I truly do think that an American audience would not understand how smart the satire truly is. Using the “why the **** are they not leaving the obviously bad situation” horror movie trope to critique complacency and unnecessary politeness is so smart. 

46 minutes ago, ChapelHooker said:

I truly do think that an American audience would not understand how smart the satire truly is. Using the “why the **** are they not leaving the obviously bad situation” horror movie trope to critique complacency and unnecessary politeness is so smart. 

The

"because you let me."

:jonny5:

Edited by Bimbo

12 minutes ago, Bimbo said:

The

Hide contents

"because you let me."

:jonny5:

ate, slayed, served, devoured 

Excellent

1. Pearl

Great/Good

2. Piggy

3. Watcher

4. Fresh

6. Speak No Evil

7. Bodies Bodies Bodies

Okay

8. Nope

9. Resurrection

10. Barbarian

11. Scream

Not Good

12. X

13. Crimes of the Future

Bad

14. Smile

15. Incantation

Worst movie of the Millennium

16. Men.com

5du9qGo.thumb.gif.cba86bcb738c3353a47e89

Edited by Héloïse

Also watched Barbarian recently. Really enjoyed it and the tonal shifts were very good! Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm a big baby. 

sG0sS1x.gif

It's been a while since I watched a horror movie.

My boyfriend doesn't like them, so I just feel like watching something else with him.

Vulnicura

Ok, THE MENU was THAT movie. I love it so much. A slay indeed. 

I honestly don't get the hype about X and Pearl... they are not bad movies but ______????? is not midsommar or hereditary, that I can say...

Anyone remember where MIDsommar placed on the 2010's rate? Cause that was not the serve some of y'all said it was

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.