Pokéthread

Mimie

I can get into a Greninja raid easily, but for every other Pokémon, it never lets me through :deadbanana:

Also, when is the next software update coming? I thought it was this month :huh:

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Magickarp

• UnusualBoy

• thatsmydemi

• TaggedGalaxy

Happy 1 Year anniversary to the best Pokemon game ever made :clap3:

I still remember lashing it the whole of 2021, only to meltdown & write essays here about how good it was when it leaked

volo-pokemon-volo.gifGY2OcXQ.gifrzXzRbe.gifNzMH38H.gif

VvJCdg8.jpg

Happy birthday PLA :heart2: Best pokégame since HG/SS

Just remembered I still haven't reached research task lvl. 10 so I can go back to playing it :alexz3: Haven't touched Scarlet in like a month anyway

Yeah PLA was a moment. Haven’t played in months but still good game!

PLA CLEARED. Legitimately one of my most hyped video games ever and it delivered. I also haven’t completely finished it nnn maybe I should go back and do that 

2 minutes ago, Rigalo said:

PLA CLEARED. Legitimately one of my most hyped video games ever and it delivered. I also haven’t completely finished it nnn maybe I should go back and do that 

I was completely UNHYPED but it took me by surprise in all aspects. It was immersive, addictive. The kind of game you want to go back in time for to experience a first playthrough again.

The storytelling in this moment was incredibly well done and surprisingly mature

Legends Arecues > Scarlet & Violet.

I hope next gen, they merge the best of PLA (overworld catching mechanics, wild pokemon attacking you, etc.) with the best of Scarlet/Violet (open world, better battling mechanics, gym leaders, etc.)

PLA aged like milk, but she was a moment when she was released :clap3:

PLA having no replayability killed it

still, the best Pokémon game since BW2

PLA was the TRUE remake of gen 4, and it was executed flawlessly:clap3: haven’t enjoyed a pokemon game like that in ages, still remember the shock of being banished from the village and walking away as everyone stared, and of course the legendary volo/giratina fight. Ahhhh the excellence:clap3:

It’s been a month and I haven’t touched Violet at all:coffee2: the home compatibility needs to hurry up so I can restart a playthrough.

The way I went from hyping up BDSP and dragging PLA in the months leading up to both only to SWITCH. I don’t regret it. Truly an amazing game :clap3: I think the only thing stopping me from ever replaying it is the thought of having to collect the Spiritomb wisp again :rip:

Hit 105 hours on Scarlet. The Greninja raids sparked another 8-10 hours out of me :redface: King! The DLC needs to hurry though.

doing another replay of PLA, truly the best Pokémon games in ages, since B2W2 days :clap3: here's to hoping for another core series of the game 

I’m sorry but PLA was so boring for me :toofunny3: it felt devoid of agency and played like an archaic husk of a Pokémon game. I’m glad a lot people enjoyed it but I couldn’t make it 9 hours in :deadbanana4:

PLA is the best Pokemon game on the Switch. ScarVlet is a cute girl, but miss PLA is the main attraction. It was actually a breath of fresh air. The catching mechanic is still amazing and made completing the dex so much more enjoyable because you're actually trying to catch it (and mutli release from the start). King Kazumasa Iwao deserves a raise and be the director for gen 10. Fire SH!Tgeru. 

Also, in game "Link" trade item so you aren't forced/depend to tried with someone else :jonny:

It's honesty in my top 3 Pokemon games of all times. The first two spots are honesty always switching because they're both that amazing. Emerald = HGSS > PLA 

PLA was a MOMENT in time :clap3:

Let me go finish my post-game tasks that I abandoned months ago. 

NormalPsychic Sap Sipper

103 / 105 / 72 / 105 / 75 / 65

NormalPsychic Sap Sipper

120 / 90 / 70 / 110 / 70 / 60

Imagine releasing 2 regional evos in the same year, that have the same effective stats & type :rip:

Now that we have all the "protean" starters in game: Cinderace, Meowcarada and Greninja. Which one do you think it's the best one competitive wise, design wise, etc?

Best competitive wise: Cinderace. He hits hard, has strong moves in PB, GS, HJK, DE and a good hazard and screens controller move

Most versatile: Greninja. Can run physical or special movepool or mixed and out of the three he has the wider movepool: ice, grass, poison, psychic, fighting, normal, bug, rock, ground, ghost.

My fave design wise: Greninja. A frog ninja, you can't get any better than that.

Greninja - GIF by TheBendyFandum on DeviantArt

I don't remember Cinderace being as used as Meowscarada is right now. She's being used even with Overgrow instead of Protean. That tells you how good she is. 

That cat is everywhere. 

Her signature move gives her the edge I think. That thing just hits too hard. 

Idk about Greninja because I didn't play VGC as much as I do today. And in Cinderace's case, it didn't help that her hidden ability was locked for months and by the time it was released, he was overshadowed by the superior grass starter. 

Utility: Meowscarada > Greninja > Cinderace 

Design: Greninja > Cinderace > Meowscarada

Edited by thatsmydemi

PLA really was a breath of fresh air in the series. It added SO many much needed updates, and tbh it outsold Violet for me. 

I just replayed it last month so the "no replayability" comments don't make sense to me. I had just as much fun playing it as I did the first time.

PLA had the best storyline of all of the Switch games. It needed a bigger dex and true open world, but it was a breath of fresh air. SV had better open world mechanics and textures but the storyline was boring as hell (except for area zero). They need to combine the overworld catching mechanics from PLA along with player damage and the open world and battle mechanics from SV. Get a GOOD storyline for the DLC and maybe SV can be saved. 

Im about to transfer my living dex to a new run in PLA and just run it with the shiny charm. Already more replay power than SV (which I’ve pretty much abandoned except for raids). 

Edited by loveisdead9582

1 hour ago, CBC said:

How did everyone enjoy poke SV? The game simply doesn't suck me in

I think it was really fun a not as fun as PLA but more than SwSh. It helped that I used three different teams of 6 for each path so I was always grinding and training my mons.

3 hours ago, loveisdead9582 said:

PLA had the best storyline of all of the Switch games. It needed a bigger dex and true open world, but it was a breath of fresh air. SV had better open world mechanics and textures but the storyline was boring as hell (except for area zero). They need to combine the overworld catching mechanics from PLA along with player damage and the open world and battle mechanics from SV. Get a GOOD storyline for the DLC and maybe SV can be saved. 

Im about to transfer my living dex to a new run in PLA and just run it with the shiny charm. Already more replay power than SV (which I’ve pretty much abandoned except for raids). 

I agree so much, especially with the bolded part. I also think pokemon NEEDS a level-scaling system if they're going to do an open-world game.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.