Pokéthread

Mimie

Smogon council is literally WORMS. 

We won't ban Last Respects, & instead ban Houndstone, cuz Basculegion will eventually get it

We won't ban Rage Fist, & instead ban Annihilape, cuz just cuz

Also not the score falling to 75, the Tinkaton curse :dies: @Serendipity might like this img

ca8BHtT.jpg

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Magickarp

• UnusualBoy

• thatsmydemi

• TaggedGalaxy

I've had some good luck these 2 days with shinies: Yesterday found the Flutter Mane, Sable and the 2 Roaring Moons and today 1 Makuhita and 1 Gastly :jonnycat:

26 minutes ago, Magickarp said:

Smogon council is literally WORMS. 

We won't ban Last Respects, & instead ban Houndstone, cuz Basculegion will eventually get it

We won't ban Rage Fist, & instead ban Annihilape, cuz just cuz

Also not the score falling to 75, the Tinkaton curse :dies: @Serendipity might like this img

ca8BHtT.jpg

wait, they haven't banned Ape already, unless I'm missing something? :skull:

Have you played any games btw? I haven't, Tera and Palafin (and low key Iron Deli) seem too busted to have any kind of fun in OU rn. 

Smogon is a joke, just a bunch of nerds who think they're more important than they actually are. I haven't played by Smogon rules since gen 7 and never will again :giraffe:

James Turner confirmed he worked on some of the SV designs, and heavily hinted towards Maushold :eek: Issa good design, but i also feel he worked on Gholdengo :pukey:

24 minutes ago, AMIT said:

wait, they haven't banned Ape already, unless I'm missing something? :skull:

Have you played any games btw? I haven't, Tera and Palafin (and low key Iron Deli) seem too busted to have any kind of fun in OU rn. 

They haven't banned ha yet, but she got added to their "On The Radar" suspect list yesterday :rip:

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/on-the-radar.3711025/

I've just been watching Joey & Blunder play. Haven't been interested in playing Smogon since mid G7 :rip: I don't like using Mons i find ugly, & ever since then it's been hard to make a viable team without at least 3 uglees :rip: Tera isn't as broken as originally thought, but they might still ban it for being uncompetitive

Gholdengo's design is repulsive. Possibly the worst design ever imo.

So many of you are so lucky with shinies! So far I've found one shiny and not even an exciting one.

I've found 4 shinies so far: Swablu, Rockruff, Mareep and Bronzor

37 minutes ago, WitnessOblivia said:

Gholdengo's design is repulsive. Possibly the worst design ever imo.

OGH confirmed :sistrens:

Is SV fun/entertaining for y’all? I wanna buy it but I’m worried I won’t like it, I didn’t enjoy PLA (it felt barren to me).  I loved gen 8 though :foxaylove:

Wish they had hidden abilities :'( 

0990_000.pngSpeed Boost0993_000.pngVolt Absorb0994_000.pngLevitate0992_000.pngIron Fist

0991_000.pngSlush Rush0995_000.pngElectric Surge1006_000.pngDownload1008_000.pngDownload

0984_000.pngSand Rush0989_000.pngMagnet Pull0988_000.pngDrought0987_000.pngLevitate

0985_000.pngPunk Rock0986_000.pngPrankster1005_000.pngAdaptability1007_000.pngAdaptability

Got two back to back shiny Rufflet from an outbreak and a shiny Scyther from a surprise trade 

my starter is like level 55 now and I’ve only done two gyms, two titans, and one team star base :rip: it is way too easy to get overleveled. I’ve just been roaming around hatching eggs trying for shiny Fuecoco and Quaxly, I have over 10 boxes of breedjects :toofunny3:

7 minutes ago, Acetone said:

Got two back to back shiny Rufflet from an outbreak and a shiny Scyther from a surprise trade 

my starter is like level 55 now and I’ve only done two gyms, two titans, and one team star base :rip: it is way too easy to get overleveled. I’ve just been roaming around hatching eggs trying for shiny Fuecoco and Quaxly, I have over 10 boxes of breedjects :toofunny3:

wait... I can understand it's easy to get overleved but like... how are you already level 55. What are you doing sis? :deadbanana4:

After 35 hours, 6 gyms, 3 Team Star leaders and 3 titans, my team is only around level 45 :deadbanana4:

What’s a hidden ability? Quaquaval apparently has Moxie as its hidden ability but I’ve never seen it’s attack go up after KO’ing a mon

Just now, Ms. Togekiss said:

What’s a hidden ability? Quaquaval apparently has Moxie as its hidden ability but I’ve never seen it’s attack go up after KO’ing a mon

i think if u use an ability patch it will go from Torrent to Moxie but HAs are not found on normal wild pokémon, generally distributed thru events/via the tera raids/maybe on wild tera pokemon ? unsure on that one

12 minutes ago, Ms. Togekiss said:

Hidden abilities are "secret" abilities that the majority of Pokemon have. They are very rare to find. In fact, no wild pokemon has it. However, they have made it easier to have access to them in recent titles (through raids or a brand-new object that allows you to change your pokemon's ability to the hidden one). 

Pokemon can only have 1 ability at a time. In the case of that Quaquavel, it's Torrent and it's always gonna be Torrent unless you change it with the object I mentioned above. However, if someone gives you a Quaxly with its hidden ability, you can always have more Quaxlys with their hidden abilities through breeding. 

Edited by thatsmydemi

18 minutes ago, thatsmydemi said:

wait... I can understand it's easy to get overleved but like... how are you already level 55. What are you doing sis? :deadbanana4:

After 35 hours, 6 gyms, 3 Team Star leaders and 3 titans, my team is only around level 45 :deadbanana4:

I went to the end game area and used it to defeat an entire outbreak of high level Foretress with let’s go mode. It got so overleveled after that so I said f it and have been continuing to use it to battle other outbreaks :rip:

the shiny I eventually hatch will be my true starter anyways :dies:

11 minutes ago, Ms. Togekiss said:

It's an alternate rare ability. You currently have Torrent on Quax.

For the starters u can get their HA's through 6 Star Raids dropping Ability Patches, if you're lucky.

For other mons u can get them in Raids or overworld Teras, if you're lucky. I managed to get a Speed Boost Espathra in a 4 star raid.

7 minutes ago, qurl said:

Scream Tail with Huge Power may as well be an uber :skull: 

And so would Prankster Spore :sistrens: i couldn't think of anything else "fitting" with ha entires except maybe Punk Rock. 

3 minutes ago, Magickarp said:

It's an alternate rare ability. You currently have Torrent on Quax.

For the starters u can get their HA's through 6 Star Raids dropping Ability Patches, if you're lucky.

For other mons u can get them in Raids or overworld Teras, if you're lucky. I managed to get a Speed Boost Espathra in a 4 star raid.

And so would Prankster Spore :sistrens: i couldn't think of anything else "fitting" with ha entires except maybe Punk Rock. 

wait are the starters' HA available? I thought they were locked :eek: 

Omg I'm so lucky I found a shiny gible standings right next to a shivy noivern stage 1 caught both!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.