• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• feelslikeadream

• Magickarp

• Rence

• Katamari

The main reason I bought a switch was in anticipation for Prime 4. If it's a sUpEr sWiTcH exclusive... :gaycat6:

Hogwarts Legacy is gonna claim my full time on the PS5, I don’t know if I’ll get the new Pokémon, but until then I’ll once again be calling Xeboblade and Fire Emblem to carry the switch for me until then 

Not Portal on Switch being preferable to the Steam Deck :jonny5: The way i've been on a Portal lore binge since finishing. I'm in love with it :weeps:

Only buying Hogwarts Legacy (PS5) and Pokemon. Everything else doesn't interest me. :gaycat4:

Roland's path is so stupid. I can't get over it. :deadbanana2: He literally said **** the minority. ******* KKK coward, that's what he is!

Frederica's speech reminds me of Britney's when she testified. And not her going from pink hair to being bald in the endgame. :rip:

Also the way Serenoa just stood there while Frederica's summoning a ******* meteor. :bibliahh: I love how messy the characters are in this game.

55 minutes ago, arceus said:

Roland's path is so stupid. I can't get over it. :deadbanana2: He literally said **** the minority. ******* KKK coward, that's what he is!

Roland is insufferable. I felt NOTHING when he left my party cuz i wanted him gone even before then. The way he creates ISIS in the Benedict ending :deadbanana2:

I think it's good writing tho. He subverts the gallant, carefree knight trope. He hates and fears responsibility while constantly being upset by corruption, and being so easily blinded and sidetracked by personal grudges. He is a failure and it’s only made clear by his relationship with Hyzante. It's very GOT. They paint him as sympathetic early on, but when u look at how he acts, he was never gonna be a good ruler.

Frederica's was a fairytale ending yes. But her selfish idealistic decision is realistic to her personality. She's always been your typical privilege white girl activist. Even when you first meet her, u could see she was a bit entitled in her own way. She has the colour for discrimination, but she's essentially raised in political royalty, & never experienced true Rosellan discrimination. 

Benedict's is the best :gaycat4:

• ATRL Moderator

I would have been all over Hogwarts Legacy like 10 years ago but I can't cope with thinking even a PENNY of my money is going to Miss Joanne :gaycat6:

• ATRL Moderator
12 hours ago, Rence said:

GOTY :jonny5:

"Come here; I got something for ya." Ok daddy Lanz :gaycat2:

i am loving 3 hopes gameplay :jonny5:

but i could not tell you anything thats going on with the story tbh :bibliahh:idk its probably just me :dancehall3:

zed6s9cfp8a91.png

hrd0qqifp8a91.png?width=3040&format=png&auto=webp&s=5d68c8b6fcf19399fc4234facb7be6ae1ed2153d

Maybe I should finish XC1 and 2 :WAP::WAP::WAP::WAP:

• ATRL Moderator

I can't believe we'll be playing a new Xenoblade game in 20 days :WAP: Some stans have to wait 20 YEARS for new games. Monolith is goated tbh!

On 7/7/2022 at 10:19 PM, feelslikeadream said:

I would have been all over Hogwarts Legacy like 10 years ago but I can't cope with thinking even a PENNY of my money is going to Miss Joanne :gaycat6:

Get an used copy from ebay :gaycat:

On 7/9/2022 at 3:19 PM, DanceFreak said:

zed6s9cfp8a91.png

hrd0qqifp8a91.png?width=3040&format=png&auto=webp&s=5d68c8b6fcf19399fc4234facb7be6ae1ed2153d

what the **** is that back omg :WAP::WAP::WAP: the way this physically did sum to me :deadbanana4:

On 7/9/2022 at 9:19 AM, DanceFreak said:

zed6s9cfp8a91.png

You know what maybe I'm starting to see what y'all see on him :WAP: 

On 7/9/2022 at 8:19 AM, DanceFreak said:

zed6s9cfp8a91.png

I am looking at the pre-order page respectfully :biblio:

On 7/7/2022 at 12:19 PM, feelslikeadream said:

Exactly, and the girls tried to come for my neck when I said the same thing.

On 7/6/2022 at 5:20 PM, feelslikeadream said:

What do you mean? I assume "finale" refers to it being played at the end of the game :toofunny3:

That said, I do think XC3 will end the -blade series. It really seems like it's mashing up all 3 of the previous games and feels like a sendoff to this specific franchise. Xenosaga got 3 main games (and a spin-off), and I wouldn't be surprised if Monolith conceives their Xeno- series as trilogies.

Excited for whatever series comes next :duca: Monolith always serves!

Late to this but Xenosaga was originally conceived as a much longer series (at least 6 entries) that was cut short due to funding issues and other factors - in the end, it's estimated that the three episodes that were released actually only cover about a third of the overall vision of what the series was supposed to be. Xenogears was also weirdly intended to be specifically part 5 of its own story that never saw further installments (and some of those would have been in a different medium such as manga). On top of that, Xenosaga suffered heavy cuts during development just to get it out the door.

Until XC1, the Xeno series was literally cursed lol. If you want more details on the extremely grandiose vision behind all this, look up Perfect Works. It's fascinating how much stuff there is out there and gives a bit of a window into the directions they might go with XC3 and after.

Personally, I agree that I could see the overall Xenoblade story arc wrapping up here and a new Xeno subseries being launched in a few years. Xenoblade has been so much more successful than previous attempts that I'd bet that they want to use it to launch that more complex, longer saga that they keep trying to tell. They finally have their hooks in a somewhat reliable player base, so now's the time to take the leap. At any rate, if XC3 closes the door on Xenoblade for something else, they'd finally have gotten to actually finish a Xeno story, so that's already something!

any of yall buy 3 hopes 

DanceFreak

• ATRL Moderator
7 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

Late to this but Xenosaga was originally conceived as a much longer series (at least 6 entries) that was cut short due to funding issues and other factors - in the end, it's estimated that the three episodes that were released actually only cover about a third of the overall vision of what the series was supposed to be. Xenogears was also weirdly intended to be specifically part 5 of its own story that never saw further installments (and some of those would have been in a different medium such as manga). On top of that, Xenosaga suffered heavy cuts during development just to get it out the door.

Until XC1, the Xeno series was literally cursed lol. If you want more details on the extremely grandiose vision behind all this, look up Perfect Works. It's fascinating how much stuff there is out there and gives a bit of a window into the directions they might go with XC3 and after.

Personally, I agree that I could see the overall Xenoblade story arc wrapping up here and a new Xeno subseries being launched in a few years. Xenoblade has been so much more successful than previous attempts that I'd bet that they want to use it to launch that more complex, longer saga that they keep trying to tell. They finally have their hooks in a somewhat reliable player base, so now's the time to take the leap. At any rate, if XC3 closes the door on Xenoblade for something else, they'd finally have gotten to actually finish a Xeno story, so that's already something!

Yeah I know about Perfect Works and the troubled history of the Xeno- games. I was so dismayed playing Xenogears and hitting that last part where they rush the plot forward :toofunny3: It's nice that the game is still considered an RPG classic, but imagine the fully fleshed out version we could have had. Queen Elly deserved better. (Maybe Monolith should remake and expand it so we can see some of those cutscenes in modern HD graphics.)

I'm torn because they're obviously having the most success with -blade so it makes sense to keep it from a marketing standpoint, but I feel like they're going to need to come up with new gameplay, story ideas, etc. anyway, so dragging out -blade isn't the best move. Maybe a workaround would be to keep "Xenoblade" but change "Chronicles" to something else. It can be an entirely new game series, but keep the first part so people know it's from the same devs at least.

(The exception is that we still need the two XCX sequels Xenoblade Chronicles Y and Xenoblade Chronicles Z :fan:)

On 7/7/2022 at 3:19 PM, feelslikeadream said:

Same but the game looks too good to pass up. I'm gonna try and find a used copy or something. In a way, I'm kinda hoping it performs horribly on the switch so I'm not even tempted lol. 

12 hours ago, JonginBey said:

Exactly, and the girls tried to come for my neck when I said the same thing.

We could always steal a copy or order from Amazon and claim the package never arrived.

thewineforyou-beyonce.gif

34 minutes ago, Attitude said:

We could always steal a copy or order from Amazon and claim the package never arrived.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.