Nintendo Base

feelslikeadream

Engage is more of a challenge and requires more thought and care gameplay wise than 3H, but 3H as a whole felt much more immersive. Even early on. 

There are some UI issues and minor pet peeves with the Somniel but Engage is lots of fun. I was ready to drag after all the Anti-3H propaganda leading up to release but every Fire Emblem entry plays a bit differently and this one definitely stands on its own very well. 

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• feelslikeadream

• Magickarp

• Rence

• Katamari

Not 

Spoiler

Chloé

begging to scissor with female Alear immediately during their first support discussion :deadbanana2:

3 hours ago, youreyesgocold said:

Not 

Reveal hidden contents

Chloé

begging to scissor with female Alear immediately during their first support discussion :deadbanana2:

Ain’t she thirsty? I was put off and benched her ass. 

so engage is good? 

how are the romance options :zzz: 

On 1/20/2023 at 9:08 PM, Poxy said:

Everyone is bi, you can S support anyone. Characters under 18 are platonic friendships though :giraffe:

interesting :redface:

I went in blind for some of these characters, and Amber’s personality threw me for a loop, especially when I first met him :toofunny3:

He lashed so hard:bibliahh:the nerve of the FE stans to undermine 3H's story, but stan this bullcrap :bibliahh:

- The homosexuality (very intentional, as some support conversations without Alear are still very sus)

- The gameplay being intricate instead of a checkers simulator

- Proper cutscenes

- Great OST

- Somniel isn't a bloated mess

- Story respects your time

- Post-battle exploration resolving base claustrophobia

- Characters getting their own introductions instead of serving as GenericStudent#XX

- Units being somewhat unique again

- The character designs

- The amount of potential content available through trials

- Alear having a (gay) VA (and his husband voicing Louis)

If I would have wanted my FE games to be a character sim I would have downloaded one of those non-homophobic daddy games on the eShop anyways.

Engage >>> 3H

Y'all ready for the conversation?

Edited by touchofmyhand

Who said Bravely Default II is the worst Bravely Default entry? I'm gonna have a few words with him. :coffee2:

I'm having so much fun! 15 hours in and still in chapter 1. Idk the number of chapters but if they are this long and entertaining, I'm here for it! :duca:

Also the plot twist on chapter 1 already? :jonny5: something told me I shouldn't have trusted 

Prince Castor

He looks SO good while fighting (though I have just lost against him lmao).

Also, Gambler must be the worst job, huh? Who on earth is gonna use something whose every ability is based on luck? :skull: and that ***** Shirley don't get me started. It took me almost 10 attempts to win in that minigame. Truly the worst part. Good thing is optional. :deadbanana4:

The boss battle in the 5th palace of Persona 5 is one of the worst battles in the history of gaming :deadbanana4: I don’t think I would have beaten it if I didn’t lower the difficulty and use a guide :deadbanana4:

• ATRL Moderator

Claimed mine this morning :gaycat4: Now who should I put on my tote bag?

Snatched a copy of FE Engage for only $40 :bird:

The jumpscare at the very start of the game took me out :deadbanana4:

The Nintendo Direct might be coming soon.

The IDs for TLOZ:TOTK and for Advance Wars have been updated on the Canadian e-shop. This means there will be pre-orders for the games and it generally happens when it's almost ND time.

It'll probably be on Wednesday 8th or 15th :bird:

Honestly I don’t know what else I want from Direct these days anymore since so many things I want either have been announced or already released. Guess this will be the 1st direct in a long while where I come in with no real expectation other than hoping to be pleasantly surprised :ihype:

when my two queens Lyn and Lucina showed up just in the nick of time while we're hopeless...that's Herstory:gaygacat7:

Outer Wilds announced for the Switch almost exactly 2 years ago now :rip: I'm finally playing it on my PS, but lordT the controls :deadbanana4: it uses newtonian physics so you're constantly accelerating. Couple that with a 3D environment, & some small holes u tryna get into and :rip: the game has been interesting so far, but the controls have been halting me from fully enjoying it. 

I'm more used to it now, but i hate how the A & B button positions are swapped on Nintendo vs Sony :rip: It's gonna be an adjustment again when i get back to the Switch :clown:

So glad i'm not playing this pandering trash :pukey: 3H gave us realistic representation :clap3:

2 hours ago, Magickarp said:

So glad i'm not playing this pandering trash :pukey: 3H gave us realistic representation :clap3:

I mean, not to drag all the fagguettes of atrl but if you’ve been in any Charlie Puth, Shawn Mendes, or <insert generic white man> thread, you would know this is actually a pretty accurate representation :rip:

• ATRL Moderator

I haven't played Switch since XC3 and also have no expectations for the Direct. The only game I want announced is Astral Chain 2 :gaycat7:

3H was NAWT as good as everyone says (maybe the best characters tho), SoV is still the best game in the series :sorry:

1 hour ago, Attitude said:

Whatever happened to the Tomb Raider ports that were suppose to come out in 2022? :skull:

ytfA0hL.png

Engagers are so brave, & for what?

Enjoy your homosexuality over quality i guess, very Hollywood of y'all.

fake-laugh-laughing.gif

“Help me… I’m right here.. I’m by your foot”

”Huh, you’re quite the performer” 

:skull: Why did this take me OUT

Finally got around to starting XC3 and enjoying the story so far, the combat not so much

chara_3.jpeg

A ******* MAN :WAP:

12 minutes ago, TaggedGalaxy said:

Finally got around to starting XC3 and enjoying the story so far, the combat not so much

chara_3.jpeg

A ******* MAN :WAP:

SIS WAIT. THE REAL MAN IS COMING :WAP: 

He CLEARS trust. @Magickarp

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.