Nintendo Base

feelslikeadream

7 minutes ago, JonginBey said:

Chile, the ATRL PR for this game is all over the place. I continue to be scared away.

spacer.png

To be fair about my posts about horribly difficult battles, I’m playing on Hard mode and have stopped grinding levels at rest spots on top of probably just sucking at the combat a little :fan:

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• feelslikeadream

• Magickarp

• Rence

• Katamari

1 hour ago, feelslikeadream said:

Not you forgetting Lanz x Gray :gaycat2:

Spoiler

I just unlocked him and sis when I tell you HIS BICEPS ughhh. At first I was like “who tf is this Naruto reject???” and then the camera panned and I saw his arms and there was a collapse 

Just finished all the Hero Ascension quests, that i can before C7 starts :jonny5: almost done CP grinding too, & i'm about to hit lvl 99:bibliahh:

2 hours ago, Chiidish said:

Lanz x Taion

Lanz x Zeon

Lanz x Noah 

i thought u were more of a Taion > Lanz stan :sistrens: 

4 minutes ago, youreyesgocold said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I just unlocked him and sis when I tell you HIS BICEPS ughhh. At first I was like “who tf is this Naruto reject???” and then the camera panned and I saw his arms and there was a collapse 

RIGHT!!! I was waiting for y'all to unlock it :bibliahh: he somehow gets even hotter later on :jonny5:

On 7/27/2022 at 5:51 PM, Magickarp said:

I won't spoil y'all, but you'll know who he is when you look at his GUNS. Pyra's boobs for biceps :WAP:

On 7/30/2022 at 4:21 AM, Magickarp said:

I can't wait till y'all unlock the hero with the massive guns :WAP: i wanna suck on those big biceps :WAP: 

The way I was BEGGING for the game to let me save during chapter 6 :deadbanana2: 

I knew the story was going down that road, typic Takahashi writing. Can't wait to see what the end of the story has to offer and who is that hero with the massive guns :gaycat:

Did someone here finish the game already ? Do y'all know how many more hours the story has left starting Chapter 6 ?

Edited by D.Va

38 minutes ago, Magickarp said:

i thought u were more of a Taion > Lanz stan :sistrens: 

Taion is like hubby, but Lanz is the MAN that we let cuck every weekend :jonny4:

Eunie > Sena > Lanz > Noah = Mio > Taion

Lanz only beats the next two because he’s hot, not for actual characterization

Sena was the surprising one for me because before the release, I literally couldn’t remember her name :rip:

These opinions are only based on C1 to C3 tho so I have like, at least 40+ hours left still probably, rough guess? So this could change.

2 hours ago, Magickarp said:

RIGHT!!! I was waiting for y'all to unlock it :bibliahh: he somehow gets even hotter later on :jonny5:

I thought that was you and this was the person! I’ve been perched since reading that comment, but I couldn’t find it via search to quote you so I just didn’t bother :deadbanana:

It seems we have the same taste in GOTYs and fictitious men :clap3:

8 hours ago, Magickarp said:

where was this :deadbanana2: i must've completely missed it :deadbanana2:

Spoiler

If you come back to the statues the next day (?) you can examine them and it tells you about dual-wielding Rex, who lost an eye fighting Moebius and about Shulk, who lost his arm. For some reason you can’t examine the statues immediately after the game introduces them to you.

Also:

Eunie > Mio >>>>>>>>>>> Taion >> Noah >> Lanz >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Colony 4 Canteen Chef >>> Sena

Edited by touchofmyhand

On 8/4/2022 at 1:52 PM, youreyesgocold said:

I thought it was coming tomorrow???

Bitter @ Nintendo for waiting until the week after XC3 to release this when they had the last 2 months to do it. :deadbanana4:

I was expecting it back in like June :deadbanana: it truly will be ending in Q4 2023. Get your **** ready for Mario Kart 9 in like 2028 :laugh:

5 hours ago, touchofmyhand said:

Also:

Eunie > Mio >>>>>>>>>>> Taion >> Noah >> Lanz >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Colony 4 Canteen Chef >>> Sena

I feel so bad for not liking Sena. I’m trying I really am :skull:

• ATRL Moderator
15 hours ago, touchofmyhand said:

Also:

Lanz is too low but THANK YOU for this accurate Sena placement. @Cruel Summer has been drinking, I fear. Otherwise we need an explanation for why she's not dead last. I'm only on Ch. 5 but so far her personality is "peppy with zero depth" and it's not serving.

Just finished XC3

I don't spoil anything specific, but i do talk A LOT about my thoughts on the plot. 

One of the worst stories i've ever played :rip: its like a pre schooler wrote a telenovela [2]

It starts out good with a lot of potential, but then just falls flat on its face. There are good themes & ideas... but they're delivered in the most 1 dimensional, forced, overdramatic way :pukey: there is 0 depth, and when u think there is, the story will go "Haha remember that depth i hinted abt? I was joking!" :juanny: Bad guy bad. Good guy good :juanny:

The fact that they're trying to be so serious about the joke of a plot makes it even worse :deadbanana:At least XC2 had comedy so u never really took the plot seriously, just as it never took itself seriously. XC3 is like a child using big words to seem deeper than it actually is :toofunny3: 

And oh lord the characters, they expect me to care for them, but how could i care for 5 pieces of stale bread, & Regina? XC2 is like 10 leagues ahead in both story & characters. I did some googling, & my opinion is in the minority tho, so hope y'all still enjoy the game :date:

MAJOR SPOILERS MAJOR, EASILY my fave moment in the whole game. 

REX BECOMING A CHAD :WAP: my daddy :WAP: **** Zeke, I knew Rex was the one :WAP: 
When Poppy came out i got so emotional, even while i was repulsed by the story. XC2 her POWER :jonny5:
And when that photograph came out I SCREAMED :bibliahh: I CANNOT wait to see the XC2 stans reactions

4 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

Lanz is too low but THANK YOU for this accurate Sena placement. @Cruel Summer has been drinking, I fear. Otherwise we need an explanation for why she's not dead last. I'm only on Ch. 5 but so far her personality is "peppy with zero depth" and it's not serving.

Well I do love a good drink literally any and all the time ever, preferably a nice big Long Island! But I see Lanz as being mostly just hot and a little dark and broody (but not in a hot way) without much there, Noah and Mio as cardboard cutouts who probably have a lot more development in the back half of the game compared to everyone else, and Taion as having the most compelling personal motivations so far but ultimately being the kind of annoyingly nerdy that just slaps him down to last place. So by virtue of not being them but also not being Legend Miss Eunie, Sena wins second place for now! Plus I’ve come to like her endearingly cheerful personality and I love her design with her alternate outfit. :heart:

I’ll probably end up ranking her third, unless Mio surprises me and becomes more compelling as a character, in which case fourth - but I don’t really see Lanz or Taion beating her for me in the end at this stage.

But also I have like 35+ hours left minimum probably so literally who knows lmao

Sena grew on me a lot, I found her annoying/bland at first but her développement later on is really well done.

As a whole, I feel like the characters' development were handled much better in XC3 than XC2. Everything felt so forced in XC2 (especially the group's tantrum in Tantal) whereas everything feels way more natural in XC3. 

Finally watched some XC3 reviews. Why do so many say this is the strongest cast :rip: It's 5 pieces of stale bread & Eunie.

Reddit stanning Noah too... i hate straights. How BLAND & generic can u get.

I HATE Taion's insufferable personality, but i still rank him above Noah, cuz at least he has a personality :rip:

Eunie >>> Lanz > Mio > Sena > Taion > Noah

I compared Sena to Sakura when i was on C3, and :rip: ... C5 spoilers

i did not expect her to literally get a Sakura moment :bibliahh: Not her having some inner emotional speech of how useless she is, and then trying to do something useful by sacrificing herself, only for her sacrifice to be completely useless :bibliahh: how much more Sakura can u get :bibliahh:

2 hours ago, Magickarp said:

Finally watched some XC3 reviews. Why do so many say this is the strongest cast :rip: It's 5 pieces of stale bread & Eunie.

Reddit stanning Noah too... i hate straights. How BLAND & generic can u get.

I HATE Taion's insufferable personality, but i still rank him above Noah, cuz at least he has a personality :rip:

Eunie >>> Lanz > Mio > Sena > Taion > Noah

I compared Sena to Sakura when i was on C3, and :rip: ... C5 spoilers

Reveal hidden contents

i did not expect her to literally get a Sakura moment :bibliahh: Not her having some inner emotional speech of how useless she is, and then trying to do something useful by sacrificing herself, only for her sacrifice to be completely useless :bibliahh: how much more Sakura can u get :bibliahh:

They have taste for once :clap3:

• ATRL Moderator
6 hours ago, Cruel Summer said:

I’ll probably end up ranking her third, unless Mio surprises me and becomes more compelling as a character, in which case fourth - but I don’t really see Lanz or Taion beating her for me in the end at this stage.

I basically had Mio tied for second-to-last (with Noah), but she comes around and gets much more interesting eventually :heart2: I hope Noah does too, but I'm not sure I see it for him.

5 hours ago, Magickarp said:

I truly can't understand people preferring the XC3 cast over XC2 (so far, at least) :psyduck: Nia, Morag, Pyra/Mythra, and Zeke are all infinitely more interesting and complex than Noah (and I also like Rex a lot, personally, though I know he's controversial). Even the Blades are more developed! Dromarch and Brighid >>>>> Noah any day.

I think Shulk, Fiora, and Sharla are all dull (and Reyn isn't hot enough to make up for his dumbness) so I get XC3 having the better cast there. But these girlies in XC3 don't hold a candle to the XC2 main cast (or the villains, or the Blades).

Edited by feelslikeadream

I think feelings about the cast of this game kind of boil down to whether a person preferred the original Xenoblade or the sequel. XC3 seems to very intentionally evoke the original game in ways (beyond literally mashing the two worlds together, I mean), and that extends to the cast as well in several ways (especially the three Kevesi in the main cast, being clear parallels to the friend trio of Shulk, Reyn, and Fiora). I never cared for most of the main cast of 2, preferring Torna; as such, I’m happy to have a cast that’s not really like them at all.

Excited that Nia, the cast member in 2 that I felt was best-written, is maybe possibly involved here in 3! Can’t believe I’m 50 hours in and don’t even know the deal with the Queens yet tho, this game is so long :deadbanana2:

yall so far ahead i just got the desert area and im kind of underleveled so im gonna go explore some of the previous one 

is it wrong I want to take a day off from work to play :clown: 

17 minutes ago, Katamari said:

yall so far ahead i just got the desert area and im kind of underleveled so im gonna go explore some of the previous one 

Sis if I hadn’t just started a new job like 2 weeks ago I would 100% be skipping work for a day or two for this game, I can’t blame you at all :ducky:

I saw someone mention the secret areas were all easy to find but I’ve found 0 so far :rip: granted i only am on chapter 3 and haven’t thoroughly explored every inch but they definitely don’t think they’re any easier to find then the other games. Am i just blind? 

Riku is the best character. Sorry not sorry! I love that he’s always on Lanz’s neck! 

4 hours ago, Katamari said:

Nope!

hard mode is kind of tough already, one of the bosses hard walled me for days until I leveled over a bit. Also some fights are  drawn out af so I feel like I need to dedicate lot of time to play

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.