Nintendo Base

feelslikeadream

C6: my opinion on Eunie just dropped, A LOT. This is more a joke than a spoiler, you'll get it when u see it.

Also there was a side quest where Lanz was a teacher and his student told him to strip because he wants to investigate Lanz's body, & Lanz was like sure idm... the way i got so turned on then that homophobic ***** Eunie comes in and cockblocks me. ***** is compeletly outclassed by Noah anyways 

Na54Bn6.gif

The writing is so inconsistent. One sec he's an exhibitionist showing his body off to girls in the shower.

The next he's too scared to change in front of girls, & now he's totally fine being naked in public agn.

I just know it's big, i just know it. The fact he uses a shield sword probably means it's both long & thick too.

Na54Bn6.gif

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• feelslikeadream

• Magickarp

• Rence

• Katamari

Spoiler

I am still thinking about Teach’s Hero Quest this morning after doing it last night. I’ve never had more fun with an individual video game quest line in my life - the places that we explored with it from Colony Gamma to the overlook where we fight him and then the Consul, his design and voice acting, the battles (which were hard as hell and super long since I’m on hard mode, with a party that’s at-level for this quest, using three healers and three defenders). I have never taken so many useless screenshots. This Hero Quest made me want to play this game at 4K. It launched this game directly to my top three of all time (with Elden Ring also there and BOTW at #1 :heart:) and I have so, so many hours to go yet that I could see it making it to #1. It was already going to end up in my top ten, but this quest with Teach just took me OUT. And to think I have so many more Hero Quests to go yet, and the majority of the main quest,

and the majority of the map yet to see :jonny2:

Spoilers for a major mid-Chapter 3 or so Hero Quest

Edited by Cruel Summer

Fornis is like 2 or 3 large xbc2 titans combined & with way more different biomes/caves/secrets to explore :skull: it's wild

I'm not getting the environment complaints I read on a certain other forum at all :skull:

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, lovecatt said:

Fornis is like 2 or 3 large xbc2 titans combined & with way more different biomes/caves/secrets to explore :skull: it's wild

I'm not getting the environment complaints I read on a certain other forum at all :skull:

But wait, this is actually my only real complaint about the environments. First, the secret areas are SO easy to find :bibliahh: Every single one is just part of the regular map and doesn't feel secret at all! I also feel like there aren't very many caves or other smaller sub-areas, so it's interesting you said there are. I explore very thoroughly (and don't even move on from an area until the map is fully orange, as much as I can get it), so I don't think I'm just missing them either :huh: 

1 hour ago, Cruel Summer said:
  Hide contents

I am still thinking about Teach’s Hero Quest this morning after doing it last night. I’ve never had more fun with an individual video game quest line in my life - the places that we explored with it from Colony Gamma to the overlook where we fight him and then the Consul, his design and voice acting, the battles (which were hard as hell and super long since I’m on hard mode, with a party that’s at-level for this quest, using three healers and three defenders). I have never taken so many useless screenshots. This Hero Quest made me want to play this game at 4K. It launched this game directly to my top three of all time (with Elden Ring also there and BOTW at #1 :heart:) and I have so, so many hours to go yet that I could see it making it to #1. It was already going to end up in my top ten, but this quest with Teach just took me OUT. And to think I have so many more Hero Quests to go yet, and the majority of the main quest,

and the majority of the map yet to see :jonny2:

Spoilers for a major mid-Chapter 3 or so Hero Quest

His quest was ruined for me by his name. Like come on :skull:

4 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

His quest was ruined for me by his name. Like come on :skull:

I can give you that, it’s a little on the nose :toofunny3: But I loved it all the same!

If i just finished chapter 2, is it okay if I still don't *fully* understand chain attacks and when to switch classes/which class to switch to? I feel a little lost lmao.

9 minutes ago, justin. said:

If i just finished chapter 2, is it okay if I still don't *fully* understand chain attacks and when to switch classes/which class to switch to? I feel a little lost lmao.

I’m thirty hours in and in the middle of chapter three, and I’m certainly no expert. You’ll learn the chain attacks more with practice as you go - I wouldn’t worry!

7 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

I’m thirty hours in and in the middle of chapter three, and I’m certainly no expert. You’ll learn the chain attacks more with practice as you go - I wouldn’t worry!

That makes me feel better! I'm only 10 hours in, and I'm actually not done with chapter 2. I thought I was just because there were back-to-back boss fights and some long cutscenes. 

• Total of Switch sold : 111.08M (+3.43M)
  • Total of games sold between April and June : 41.41M (-9%)

Top 10:

1. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe -  46.82M (+ 1.49M)
  2. Animal Crossing New Horizons - 39.38M (+ 740k)
  3. The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild -  28.84M [27.14M sur Switch - 1.7M sur Wii U] (+ 590k)
  4. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - 28.82M (+ 650k)
  5. Pokemon S&S -  24.50M (+ 230k)
  6. Super Mario Odyssey - 23.93M (+ 430k)
  7. Super Mario Party - 18.06M (+ 280k)
  8. Pokémon 4G Remake - 14.79M (+ 140k)
  9. Pokemon: Let’s Go, Pikachu / Eevee -  14.66M (+ 130k)
  10. Ring Fit Adventure -  14.54M (+ 450k)

MK8D will soon reach 50M. AC will reach 40M and BOTW and Smash 30M.

Sales of new games:

• Switch Sports - 4.84M (Very solid sales in just 2 months)
  • Kirby and the forgotten world - 4.53M (+1.80M) (The best launch for a Kirby game and already the 2nd best selling game of the licence, just behind "Dream Land" that will be quickly surpassed.
  • Mario Strikers 1.91M (Very solid sales in just 20 days). It is by far the best launch for a "Mario Sports" type of game.

• ATRL Moderator

A good start :gaycat:

1 hour ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:
  • Total of Switch sold : 111.08M (+3.43M)
  • Total of games sold between April and June : 41.41M (-9%)

Top 10:

1. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe -  46.82M (+ 1.49M)
  2. Animal Crossing New Horizons - 39.38M (+ 740k)
  3. The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild -  28.84M [27.14M sur Switch - 1.7M sur Wii U] (+ 590k)
  4. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - 28.82M (+ 650k)
  5. Pokemon S&S -  24.50M (+ 230k)
  6. Super Mario Odyssey - 23.93M (+ 430k)
  7. Super Mario Party - 18.06M (+ 280k)
  8. Pokémon 4G Remake - 14.79M (+ 140k)
  9. Pokemon: Let’s Go, Pikachu / Eevee -  14.66M (+ 130k)
  10. Ring Fit Adventure -  14.54M (+ 450k)

MK8D will soon reach 50M. AC will reach 40M and BOTW and Smash 30M.

Sales of new games:

• Switch Sports - 4.84M (Very solid sales in just 2 months)
  • Kirby and the forgotten world - 4.53M (+1.80M) (The best launch for a Kirby game and already the 2nd best selling game of the licence, just behind "Dream Land" that will be quickly surpassed.
  • Mario Strikers 1.91M (Very solid sales in just 20 days). It is by far the best launch for a "Mario Sports" type of game.

Make a new thread, Queen. By the end of holiday 2023, it’ll be arguable that Switch is bigger than PS2 :jonny5: 

22 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

A good start :gaycat:

I’m so anxious for the Media Create numbers. It’s looking like it will do well over 300k which would be massive. I’m sure it will do at least 3M but I’m hoping it can manage to break 4 or 5M which is massive for a JRPG :jonny5: 

I’m still on Torna, but I made sure to buy the game immediately so Monolith sees the demand.

Those sales :clap3:

Remind me why the “hardcore” crowd across the internet continues to shade Nintendo as having bland, uninspired games that only appeal to 5 year olds??? 

The hardware sales are clearly there, not to mention all the critical acclaim and non stop quality releases. I can’t imagine thinking only games which have incredible front of the industry graphics, and are dark and “adult” are fun (of course they can be, but they aren’t the only things that are fun). What an awful way to experience a medium. So thankful I have an open minded mentality.

17 minutes ago, youreyesgocold said:

Those sales :clap3:

Remind me why the “hardcore” crowd across the internet continues to shade Nintendo as having bland, uninspired games that only appeal to 5 year olds??? 

The hardware sales are clearly there, not to mention all the critical acclaim and non stop quality releases. I can’t imagine thinking only games which have incredible front of the industry graphics, and are dark and “adult” are fun (of course they can be, but they aren’t the only things that are fun). What an awful way to experience a medium. So thankful I have an open minded mentality.

!!!

I am on a french gaming forum and that's literally all the Nintendo haters can say. "Nintendo fans have nothing else than sales to talk about", "Switch has no games" etc... yet the games on Switch are DESTROYING those from Sony and Microsoft on both MC and in sales :bibliahh:

Today I've figured out that you had to go back to Aetia and go to the question marks in the map because they are Hero quests :skull:. Lucky for me I'm not that far in the game (more than 20 hours in and the furthest I've gone is Fornis lmao). Now I have 5 heroes! :duca:

Any method to level up classes fast? I want to try the new ones asap but it's taking longer to level them up. 

12 minutes ago, thatsmydemi said:

Any method to level up classes fast? I want to try the new ones asap but it's taking longer to level them up. 

Not really, it’s a double edged sword. You only get class points by battling monsters who are at 5 levels under you or higher. But as you do more hero quests you will obviously be steadily increasing your level, so then the areas available to you will have monsters who’s levels aren’t high enough to earn class points, and then you’re stuck because you can’t gain class points and you can’t master the classes you just got. 

Anyways perhaps later in the game there is a way to resolve this… I’m not sure. You are ahead of me actually. I’m on ch3 and I have 2 heroes so far, and am currently working toward a third. But I am already level 30 and am struggling to earn class points too. I’ve been debating to just dump all my nopon coins into gaining class ranks faster but I tend to save them for characters using a class with a D rank or lower. 

I should have heeded the warning of users who are further like @Magickarp to avoid using bonus exp at camps. If you are using that bonus exp to raise your levels, avoiding that will also help 

Edited by youreyesgocold

• ATRL Moderator

I haven't leveled up at camp and have had zero problems with being overleveled, not gaining classes quickly, etc. I also avoid fighting a lot, so that might contribute to it. I just fought the final boss of Ch. 4 and was exactly the same level as them and I have all heroes possible so far.

Another thing to keep in mind is that you can use Nopon coins to level classes. If you're at 90+ silver coins and find a container, just use a few of them to level up classes before opening the container, since there's a cap of 99 and a lot of containers give them out.

I just got the ending of your first play through spoiled in Digimon Survive that 

Spoiler

at least two characters will unavoidably die 

and it triggered me so much. I play games like this with the sole intention of having a perfect first run. For example when I played Until Dawn (flawless game btw), I went out of my way to ensure 

Spoiler

every character, no matter how annoying, made it to the end. Of course, I made mistakes and lost some of them, but that was my failure. It wasn’t some unavoidable requirement from the game. Forcing some characters to die in the first run feels unfair :gaycat6:

• ATRL Moderator

Chapter 5 is so good :WAP:

Spoiler

I KNEW Melia had a more complex story and now I'm so impatient to find out the backstory there. I swear I saw Shulk in that memorial hall.... I hope it's not just an Easter egg and that eventually Melia will appear and explain the relationship between the trilogy.

The crew finding out how babies are made had me SCREAMING :bibliahh: And Lanz asking about bro-jobs right after :lmao:

If any of you are unsure of the story in the early game, I thought it picked up a lot in Chs. 4 and 5.

3 hours ago, thatsmydemi said:

Find a unique monster that is close to your party’s level then use Chain Attack when it’s almost dead

Make sure to fully utilize your Chain Attack because going beyond Overkill gives you a lot of exp

I farmed one unique monster and it took me 2-3 battles to reach rank 10 for most of the classes. You can unlock heroes faster using this method too

:mandown: Switch coming for 128 million by March 2023 

146 million by March 2024 :keir:

160 million by March 2025 :alexz:

175-180  by end of lifetime in 2027

8 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

Hide contents

I KNEW Melia had a more complex story and now I'm so impatient to find out the backstory there. I swear I saw Shulk in that memorial hall.... I hope it's not just an Easter egg and that eventually Melia will appear and explain the relationship between the trilogy.

The crew finding out how babies are made had me SCREAMING :bibliahh: And Lanz asking about bro-jobs right after :lmao:

If any of you are unsure of the story in the early game, I thought it picked up a lot in Chs. 4 and 5.

U caught up so fast, i'm still at the beginning of C6 :deadbanana2: (Hero Ascension Quests unlock then so i've been doing them - & getting crazy overlevelled) But yuh it picks up a lot in C4 & 5. 

I dislike the Melia Nia plot twist tho, & the beginning of C6 is such a turn off for me :pukey: i was already disliking the villains since C1, but thought
"u know what maybe there's so big plot twist"... but nope C6 beginning was the "Jumping the shark" moment for me :pukey: honestly i think the story is HORRIBLE so far, it's like a child wrote a telenovela :toofunny3: i had a whole essay written listing all the horrible plot moments i was gonna revise & post once i finished XC3, but i lost it due to 503 :clown: XC2 >>>. 

The Hero Quests & their Ascension Quests tho are much better written :toofunny3:

also, "Lanz asking about bro-jobs right after" remind me what he said? :lakitu: & have u found Kakashi Hemsworth yet? :WAP:

Hero Ascension Quests (Remove the Rank 10 Class cap) have been burning me out tbh :skull: u unlock like 10 at once, and while they have good story, some are tedious fetch quests & doing 10 in one sitting like i am, has me just X skipping every text & cutscene just so i can go be done with it :toofunny3:

Just finished ch2 of Digimon Survive and 

Spoiler

Aio’s and Labramon’s first evolution scene

was so random. There was absolutely no build up for those characters to have their moment. It was like all of a sudden they just erased all the other characters from the scene (the game literally removes them from the entire view) and gave these two characters a random line about being brave and that’s it - when the villain had nothing to do with them and wasn’t targeting them or anything at all :deadbanana2:

• ATRL Moderator
2 hours ago, Magickarp said:

remind me what he said? :lakitu:

Oh wait, I watched the cutscene back in the theatre and it turns out I just daydreamed that part :fan:

Anyway sis I JUST started Ch. 5 so I had to skim/skip your comments cause they seemed like spoilers :lmao: But I'll share my opinion on 5 and 6 once I'm caught up. (I'm traveling for the weekend though, so might not do that til next week.)

As for the side quests, honestly I thought fetch quests were illegal in 2022, so it's disheartening to see them in this game :rip: Like come on, devs must know better. Also, some of these quests are bizarre. Did you do the one in Colony 11 where they're doing the harvest day and they ask you to bring the tiara to the girl in the medical tent? You walk like 20 steps and the quest is over :bibliahh: Who designed that quest?! On the other hand, some of the hero quests are actually interesting and fun to play, so it's like they knew how to make good side quests, but still threw in a bunch of tedious ones when they really didn't have to.

10 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

Reveal hidden contents

I’m not opening the spoiler because I’m literally still halfway through Chapter 3, but this has me so excited for what’s yet to come because I already love the game so much :jonny2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.