Top Posters In This Topic

• feelslikeadream

• Magickarp

• Rence

• Katamari

1 hour ago, Cruel Summer said:

I have literally never heard this take before in my life :deadbanana2:

They are DELUSIONAL :deadbanana2: 

I just finished the story, what an incredible game. 

Combat XC2 > XC3 > XCX > XC1

Gameplay : XC3 > XCX > XC1 > XC2

World (how the player navigates it) : XCX > XC3 > XC1 > XC2

World (how it looks) XCX > XC2 >= XC1 = XC3

Characters : XC3 > XC2 > XC1 > XCX 

Story : XCX > XC1 > XC2 > XCX 

Endgame : XC2 >= XC3 > XC1 > XCX

Can't wait to start the postgame and watch other story reviews 

Edited by D.Va

On 8/6/2022 at 5:12 PM, Magickarp said:

Just finished XC3

I don't spoil anything specific, but i do talk A LOT about my thoughts on the plot. 

Hide contents

One of the worst stories i've ever played :rip: its like a pre schooler wrote a telenovela [2]

It starts out good with a lot of potential, but then just falls flat on its face. There are good themes & ideas... but they're delivered in the most 1 dimensional, forced, overdramatic way :pukey: there is 0 depth, and when u think there is, the story will go "Haha remember that depth i hinted abt? I was joking!" :juanny: Bad guy bad. Good guy good :juanny:

The fact that they're trying to be so serious about the joke of a plot makes it even worse :deadbanana:At least XC2 had comedy so u never really took the plot seriously, just as it never took itself seriously. XC3 is like a child using big words to seem deeper than it actually is :toofunny3: 

And oh lord the characters, they expect me to care for them, but how could i care for 5 pieces of stale bread, & Regina? XC2 is like 10 leagues ahead in both story & characters. I did some googling, & my opinion is in the minority tho, so hope y'all still enjoy the game :date:

MAJOR SPOILERS MAJOR, EASILY my fave moment in the whole game. 

Hide contents

REX BECOMING A CHAD :WAP: my daddy :WAP: **** Zeke, I knew Rex was the one :WAP: 
When Poppy came out i got so emotional, even while i was repulsed by the story. XC2 her POWER :jonny5:
And when that photograph came out I SCREAMED :bibliahh: I CANNOT wait to see the XC2 stans reactions

THAT PHOTOGRAPH LEFT ME SCREAMING 

:deadbanana2: DID HE SERIOUSLY ****** ALL THREE OF THEM ? I need to replay this scene

It sucks that you didn't enjoy the story, but I'm sure we'll both be happy when the DLC comes out & tells the story of the original City :bird:

The only thing I dislike about the XC3 is that all in all, even if the story is good, Takahashi just took bits and pieces of his earlier games. The story is mash up between Xenogears and the good parts of Xenoblade X. 

I don't really get your critic about the antagonists, because Malos was literally a computer programmed to be bad and Amalthus' whole personality was "humans BAD ! LET'S DESTROY THEM". Then, N & M are stronger versions of Jin & Laura. The themes in XC3 were much stronger imo and they actually resonated with me. The idea of being scared of your future and what could come next, thus triggering the endless now and the suffering of millions of lives in order to maintain it... It was like how sometimes people can hurt their family & friends because they refuse/are unable to move on from a particular trauma. It is needed to accept the trauma in order to free yourself and your close ones. I also liked how the characters in game paid the prices of their actions after breaking the endless now. I've always hated how Pyra & Mythra were resurrected at the end of XC2, because I couldn't stand Rex having everything he wanted after doing so many mistakes and being a whiny brat from the beginning to the end :deadbanana2: It was so unrealistic, at least in XC3 the characters know the risks behind their wishes and are willing to accept them for the greater good.

Edited by D.Va

Just started Three Hopes, never played a Warriors game before but jfc it was completely overwhelming with the tutorials and all the mechanics getting explained all at once. I had to put it down because it was too much to take in all at once :biblio:

1 hour ago, D.Va said:

World (how the player navigates it) : XCX 

World (how it looks) XCX

Yes mama, serve the Earl Grey to the children.

spacer.png

I honestly think in terms of aesthetics and atmosphere for the settings:

XC3 > XC1 > XC2

(have only played like twenty minutes of X and that won’t change unless they finally port the damn thing, but from what I know, I’d probably rank it third)

I’ll get to the other factors when I’m done lol

This is a G*****r standing post :WAP:

35d1pli92dg91.jpg?width=1280&format=pjpg

49vyrza92dg91.jpg?width=1280&format=pjpg

zykoycf92dg91.jpg?width=1280&format=pjpg

AN ICON ! THE TRUE MAIN CHARACTER OF XC3 :WAP:

2 hours ago, D.Va said:
  Hide contents

THAT PHOTOGRAPH LEFT ME SCREAMING 

:deadbanana2: DID HE SERIOUSLY ****** ALL THREE OF THEM ? I need to replay this scene

It sucks that you didn't enjoy the story, but I'm sure we'll both be happy when the DLC comes out & tells the story of the original City :bird:

The only thing I dislike about the XC3 is that all in all, even if the story is good, Takahashi just took bits and pieces of his earlier games. The story is mash up between Xenogears and the good parts of Xenoblade X. 

I don't really get your critic about the antagonists, because Malos was literally a computer programmed to be bad and Amalthus' whole personality was "humans BAD ! LET'S DESTROY THEM". Then, N & M are stronger versions of Jin & Laura. The themes in XC3 were much stronger imo and they actually resonated with me. The idea of being scared of your future and what could come next, thus triggering the endless now and the suffering of millions of lives in order to maintain it... It was like how sometimes people can hurt their family & friends because they refuse/are unable to move on from a particular trauma. It is needed to accept the trauma in order to free yourself and your close ones. I also liked how the characters in game paid the prices of their actions after breaking the endless now. I've always hated how Pyra & Mythra were resurrected at the end of XC2, because I couldn't stand Rex having everything he wanted after doing so many mistakes and being a whiny brat from the beginning to the end :deadbanana2: It was so unrealistic, at least in XC3 the characters know the risks behind their wishes and are willing to accept them for the greater good.

asdfghjkl when i said Rex was a CHAD, that pic was what i was referencing :bibliahh: everyone on Reddit was screaming at it :bibliahh: looking at the statue he got mega buff too :bibliahh:

U can get the Queens as Heroes/Classes in the post game, and my god, i couldn't get through XC1, but hearing Melia say "Starlight Kick" gives me that ******* buzz :WAP:

Did u think that final battle took WAY too long :deadbanana4: it was like almost an hour on hard :deadbanana4:

3 minutes ago, Magickarp said:
  Hide contents

asdfghjkl when i said Rex was a CHAD, that pic was what i was referencing :bibliahh: everyone on Reddit was screaming at it :bibliahh: looking at the statue he got mega buff too :bibliahh:

U can get the Queens as Heroes/Classes in the post game, and my god, i couldn't get through XC1, but hearing Melia say "Starlight Kick" gives me that ******* buzz :WAP:

I just got them. Same feeling, I'm lowkey disappointed the animation changed :WAP: However, I'm really disappointed about 

Poppi not being a hero. I was 100% sure that the last hero ("Killing Machine", I'm French so I don't know how this class is called in English) was gonna be her in a new form, but it's just a random Machina girl out of nowhere 

:biblio:

3 hours ago, Rence said:

Congrats to the 5 Splatoon fans

Splatoon is much more mainstream than Xenoblade that is being discussed 24/7 in this thread though :dies:

Good for Splatoon fans. Happy they doing something for the kids :clap3:

4 minutes ago, thatsmydemi said:

Almost 40 hours and still in chapter 4 :rip:

I just got to 5 and I’m at 70 hours, chapter 3 and 4 were so long with exploration and side quests :jonnycat:

The way individual Xenoblade chapters are longer than almost every single game in some franchises :fan:

Y’all are SO FAST. The way so many people have finished XC3 blows my mind. Do y’all sleep or have jobs? Especially the community on Reddit.

I’m at 31 hours and still on ch3. I finally decided to stop exploring and doing hero quests so that I could advance the story and so I entered the Urayan mines and 

Spoiler

was immediately put on the Riku hero quest as part of the main story :deadbanana4:

I literally can’t escape these damn quests. 

Before this the last hero I got was 

Spoiler

Alexandria

because I’m so over levelled. Her Consul fight was so freaking easy, but damn her VA is TERRIBLE :deadbanana4: She sounds like Siri before they injected personality into her AI. 

Moving on, I progressed into ch4 of Digimon Survive and the ending of ch3 pissed me off. Someone who’s played it in this thread pls b*tch about it with me since it’s an unavoidable scenario. 

Lastly, happy for Splatoon fans but am I really the only one who stopped caring after Splatoon 1? The first game was great but both 2 and now 3 look like they could be expansion dlc for $10 versus completely new games. They just don’t seem worth the cash to me.

3 hours ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

Splatoon is much more mainstream than Xenoblade that is being discussed 24/7 in this thread though :dies:

And I’m happy for the five Splatoon fans in this thread cause they can finally do something other than watch the Xenoblade girls talk :gaycat4:

Two hours into Chapter 6 and it’s probably my favorite chapter in the entire series :jonny5:

Spoiler

I was really worried about the "jump the shark" moment referenced in here, and if it's Mio and Mio switching bodies, then PHEW, I'm relieved because I loved it.

aocDZvz.gif

I found Moebius Mio and Noah to be far more interesting than the main cast Mio and Noah tbh, and was actually kind of moved by their story. Noah choosing to become Moebius so that he could have Mio forever is the kind of interesting decision that main cast Noah would never have the gall (:eli:) to make. When Moebius Noah was distraught upon realizing he lost Moebius Mio, I was actually moved :monkey: Of course I have some questions about how it all worked (biggest one: is Mio in the Moebius body gonna live forever now? Cause her time is up, right?), but like Taion said, I understand it enough.

Throwing the cast in jail was kind of the best plot moment up to that point :sistrens: It really offered the opportunity for some development, and was unfortunately kind of a missed opportunity. Like imagine if when Shania came to the cell to gloat if Noah had reached through the bar and pulled her hair to smash her head against the door. That would have been instantly iconic and shown him with some gumption at least. Speaking of Shania, she's easily the best antagonist thus far, mostly because she has clear motivation for her actions. When Ghondor called her a dumb b***h for failing her exams I SCREAMED. Her switching to the dark side makes sense. I'm pretty surprised the game included her suicide tbh. We've seen them with sacrifices, but this was different.

Noah and Mio's love story is so forced. I'm cool with their backstory and how they've come back to each other with each reincarnation (although it's odd they keep getting reborn with Mio first, then Noah behind her. Why aren't they reborn at the same time if they die at the same time?) The issue is with present-day Noah and Mio; they had, what, a SINGLE romantic moment together and they're soulmates? ffffff. At least they're not as bland as Shulk and Fiora I guess, but they could have built up the relationship in the first 4 chapters much better.

Finally, I know I'm just a f** for saying it, but Mio's long hair >>>>>>>>>>> :gaycat2: 

re: the feature length film at the end of Chapter 5 ^^^

Edited by feelslikeadream

6 hours ago, youreyesgocold said:

Y’all are SO FAST. The way so many people have finished XC3 blows my mind. Do y’all sleep or have jobs?

I'm a teacher, so I'm on summer vacation :gaycat2: I try to game as much as possible in summer and winter break since I'm swamped during the school year and can't game as much :sosad:

damn her VA is TERRIBLE :deadbanana4: She sounds like Siri before they injected personality into her AI. 

You spilled! She's bottom 3 for VA :deadbanana4: I actually can't believe they didn't force her to deliver her lines again when they heard how monotone she was :deadbanana4: I'm DREADING her next Hero Quest tbh.

You wanna talk about terrible voice actors? Let’s talk about 

Spoiler

Isurd, ugh :skull: Completely incorrect inflection and emotion for the situation at hand in 98% of his lines, the most generic “anime and video game voice actor” voice I have ever heard in my life, and somehow manages to make even the Art callouts annoying. “No LoVe LoSt!” yeah on you, you weasel. I hate that he’s my best healer hero and I have to hear him speak.

Seriously the only thing in this game where I’m like, did anyone even hand this person an actual script? Even the most basic of plot outlines, maybe? Yikes.

4 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

You wanna talk about terrible voice actors? Let’s talk about 

Hide contents

Isurd, ugh :skull: Completely incorrect inflection and emotion for the situation at hand in 98% of his lines, the most generic “anime and video game voice actor” voice I have ever heard in my life, and somehow manages to make even the Art callouts annoying. “No LoVe LoSt!” yeah on you, you weasel. I hate that he’s my best healer hero and I have to hear him speak.

Seriously the only thing in this game where I’m like, did anyone even hand this person an actual script? Even the most basic of plot outlines, maybe? Yikes.

This is true too :gaycat6: And it's a shame cause his design is good and the backstory has potential, but the VA is just so horrid that the whole character has to go in the bin.

I'm just grateful the main cast is mostly good (except Sena, who is annoying but not as awful as some of the heroes).

26 hours in and can't even properly begin chapter 3 with all the side quests :jonnycat: i'll start classes next week so i feel a bit of pressure to finish it before that but i also wanna take my time and appreciate everything to the fullest, i'll probably still be able to play a bit during classes tho i guess

Looks like i'm the only one here that HATES C5 & C6

FjuwBKB.png

6 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:
  Hide contents

I was really worried about the "jump the shark" moment referenced in here, and if it's Mio and Mio switching bodies, then PHEW, I'm relieved because I loved it.

aocDZvz.gif

I found Moebius Mio and Noah to be far more interesting than the main cast Mio and Noah tbh, and was actually kind of moved by their story. Noah choosing to become Moebius so that he could have Mio forever is the kind of interesting decision that main cast Noah would never have the gall (:eli:) to make. When Moebius Noah was distraught upon realizing he lost Moebius Mio, I was actually moved :monkey: Of course I have some questions about how it all worked (biggest one: is Mio in the Moebius body gonna live forever now? Cause her time is up, right?), but like Taion said, I understand it enough.

Throwing the cast in jail was kind of the best plot moment up to that point :sistrens: It really offered the opportunity for some development, and was unfortunately kind of a missed opportunity. Like imagine if when Shania came to the cell to gloat if Noah had reached through the bar and pulled her hair to smash her head against the door. That would have been instantly iconic and shown him with some gumption at least. Speaking of Shania, she's easily the best antagonist thus far, mostly because she has clear motivation for her actions. When Ghondor called her a dumb b***h for failing her exams I SCREAMED. Her switching to the dark side makes sense. I'm pretty surprised the game included her suicide tbh. We've seen them with sacrifices, but this was different.

Noah and Mio's love story is so forced. I'm cool with their backstory and how they've come back to each other with each reincarnation (although it's odd they keep getting reborn with Mio first, then Noah behind her. Why aren't they reborn at the same time if they die at the same time?) The issue is with present-day Noah and Mio; they had, what, a SINGLE romantic moment together and they're soulmates? ffffff. At least they're not as bland as Shulk and Fiora I guess, but they could have built up the relationship in the first 4 chapters much better.

Finally, I know I'm just a f** for saying it, but Mio's long hair >>>>>>>>>>> :gaycat2: 

re: the feature length film at the end of Chapter 5 ^^^

It's wasn't the jumped the shark moment for me, sorry i spoilt that btw :clown: but yuh STAN her long hair :bibliahh: she looks SO much better. 
It was the Shania Suicide, it felt so forced & badly written, to me. I was cringing the whole time :toofunny3: Looks like with have exact opposite opinion on Shania :toofunny3: Also the part where Gondor said she made up the "What about the other 1000s of people" statement, cuz muh prophecy :pukey: i was already fed up with the plot by then, but these 2 basically was the straw that broke the camels back.

Also when Eunie hinted she might be into Taion... she was so close to being flawless, but i see now she's just a stupid ***** :giraffe:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.