Direct announcement after Three Hopes releases? :WAP:

On 6/22/2022 at 10:27 AM, Lalisa said:

FV3P-AQXkAA69-J?format=jpg&name=900x900

video private but wow :eek: 

was there a  direct yesterday :deadbanana:

i might not watch the xeno direct tbh to preserve the experience :jonny4:

Edited by Katamari

XC1 > XCX > Torna > XC2

XC1 : I'm just so attached to the story and the characters. Experiencing this world as a 12 year-old, randomly picking a game to pass time on the Wii was a mindblowing experience and reliving this ride with DE during the pandemic was just what I needed to keep going. 

XCX : The world is just ******* fantastic and all the possibilities that the gameplay offer to the player (without any tutorials explaining them sjflrhehdkdodi) are insane. I've been replaying the game lately and I'm so impressed that my 15 year-old self at the courage to build an Ares 60 and an Ares 90 :jonny5:  The main story is not good but the side quests post-game/towards the end of the game are what narratively drive the game for me. 

XC2 : The gameplay can be clunky at times with the A.I getting lost, I was not impressed with the main cast (especially Rex, what an awful protagonist to drive a game, Nia is queen tho) and overall I was kinda upset that some scenes were carbon copy of stuff Takahashi has already done (mainly XC1 and Xenosaga). It goes without mentioning but the awful designs also turned me off so much and to this day, I am still upset that XC2 brought to the community people who only seem to care about r34 fanarts (even tho I'm still grateful for the exposure XC2 brought to Xenoblade). I must mention that the Blade side quests were very cute and the post content was crazy good. If only XC2 was just like Torna for 60 hours, maybe this could have been my favorite game in the series. However, it is still an AMAZING game.

Not me writing a whole thinking piece, I just love XC so much :jonny5:

Rex is literally a better and more compelling written character than Shulk. He is purposefully written as the standard annoying MC but given such depth of character that rises to the occasion of the variety of dark mature themes that proliferate throughout the series. 

Shulk is comparatively a rather static character that starts off higher than Rex in terms of maturity. Whereas Rex has genuine development that drives his growth but also the growth of his surrounding cast. Honestly from my experience Rex-antis just hate him because of his annoying early start and the earlier bad voice acting, but if you actually empathize with his arcs of dealing with grief, imposter syndrome, hero syndrome, war, love, etc. you will see that he’s a much more complex character than Shulk. Now if you acknowledge all that and still call him a bad MC or say you like Shulk more maybe that’s a just a straight up preference thing. 

No comments about Rex fashion I have no defense for that. 

Edited by Chiidish

14 hours ago, Chiidish said:

Thankfully:clap3: XC2 passing the torch 

the better combat system won :clap3: 

7 minutes ago, Katamari said:

the better combat system won :clap3: 

This is tea, the fact that we are getting an improved version so that everyone can go find out what they missed with XC2 :jonny6:

16 minutes ago, D.Va said:

XC1 > XCX > Torna > XC2

XC1 : I'm just so attached to the story and the characters. Experiencing this world as a 12 year-old, randomly picking a game to pass time on the Wii was a mindblowing experience and reliving this ride with DE during the pandemic was just what I needed to keep going. 

XCX : The world is just ******* fantastic and all the possibilities that the gameplay offer to the player (without any tutorials explaining them sjflrhehdkdodi) are insane. I've been replaying the game lately and I'm so impressed that my 15 year-old self at the courage to build an Ares 60 and an Ares 90 :jonny5:  The main story is not good but the side quests post-game/towards the end of the game are what narratively drive the game for me. 

XC2 : The gameplay can be clunky at times with the A.I getting lost, I was not impressed with the main cast (especially Rex, what an awful protagonist to drive a game, Nia is queen tho) and overall I was kinda upset that some scenes were carbon copy of stuff Takahashi has already done (mainly XC1 and Xenosaga). It goes without mentioning but the awful designs also turned me off so much and to this day, I am still upset that XC2 brought to the community people who only seem to care about r34 fanarts (even tho I'm still grateful for the exposure XC2 brought to Xenoblade). I must mention that the Blade side quests were very cute and the post content was crazy good. If only XC2 was just like Torna for 60 hours, maybe this could have been my favorite game in the series. However, it is still an AMAZING game.

Not me writing a whole thinking piece, I just love XC so much :jonny5:

they way i get things set up for a blade combo only for the dumbass AI to switch off to another blade for no reason  :gaycat6: they are good at topple combos i'll give them that 

I still say XCX is my fav but not sure where the 1 or two goes. I want to say 2>1 but there are some really obvious QOL features that I personally would have loved in  two but that's just me being picky.  

i know launch X2 was quite a bit different that the current iteration 

super mario world looked so good :jonny5:

wonder how big it will be in america 

Just now, Katamari said:

super mario world looked so good :jonny5:

wonder how big it will be in america 

The one in Hollywood is tiny. The one in Orlando is going to be the biggest in the world.

28 minutes ago, Chiidish said:

Rex is literally a better and more compelling written character than Shulk. He is purposefully written as the standard annoying MC but given such depth of character that rises to the occasion of the variety of dark mature themes that proliferate throughout the series. 

Shulk is comparatively a rather static character that starts off higher than Rex in terms of maturity. Whereas Rex has genuine development that drives his growth but also the growth of his surrounding cast. Honestly from my experience Rex-antis just hate him because of his annoying early start and the earlier bad voice acting, but if you actually empathize with his arcs of dealing with grief, imposter syndrome, hero syndrome, war, love, etc. you will see that he’s a much more complex character than Shulk. Now if you acknowledge all that and still call him a bad MC or say you like Shulk more maybe that’s a just a straight up preference thing. 

No comments about Rex fashion I have no defense for that. 

See I get that but, to me, purposefully writing Rex as a dumb character... doesn't make him any less dumb and annoying. The intention was to make him endearing and relatable (which usually works for shonen protagonist of that sorts) but Rex just pissed me off so much. I swear everytime he talked about the salvager code I wanted to scream :deadbanana2: And I think you're right, it's totally up for preference because I do agree that on paper Rex sounds way more interesting than Shulk, but in practice it was clearly the opposite for me. 

Even worse than his design, his English voice actor was truly the last straw. I don't know if he was that bad or if he was poorly directed but those screams and the delivery on some his lines were atrocious. 

• ATRL Moderator

Chiidish spilled :mandown: Rex >> Shulk

Also, Pyra/Mythra >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fiora 

And Nia and Morag >>>> Sharla and Reyn

I love the XC1 cast in the context of the game (except Fiora, who is objectively awful), but it's clear Melia is the only real star of the group.

Dunban is the only interesting character in XC1 and eclipses the husk that is supposed to be the game’s hero. The only material Shulk gets are the plot twists the game throws at him. He doesn’t develop as a character at all. Fiora is okay too, I guess. Dunban has more history with a lot of the game’s villains and his emotions are simply more believable and impactful to me. :michael:

Melia is the most useless character of all time, possibly. She serves no purpose whatsoever. It doesn’t help that she’s never shown to be a decent fighter in any of the cutscenes. She’s not funny, she’s not helpful… she’s just.. there. I would call her background noise but she’s mostly mute, especially towards the end of the game. :rip: 

Thankfully, the entire XC2 cast is fleshed out very well. :clap3:

Edited by touchofmyhand

• ATRL Moderator

Random thought, but I wonder when Nintendo will try to revive Star Fox. There's usually 4-5 years between releases and the last game was in 2017. Maybe a strong release on the Switch is what the franchise needs to come back from Star Fox Zero Sales :lakitu:

47 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

Random thought, but I wonder when Nintendo will try to revive Star Fox. There's usually 4-5 years between releases and the last game was in 2017. Maybe a strong release on the Switch is what the franchise needs to come back from Star Fox Zero Sales :lakitu:

Remastering Assault and giving it online capability would be  a start :clap3: 

• ATRL Moderator

I think I might skip Luxin's 2.5-hour analysis of the XC3 Direct :gaycat6: He's too good at guessing stuff and I'm starting to worry I'm gonna know too much going into the game.

I did not expect that final twist in XC1 at all :gaycat6:

Also I finally snatched a copy of XC2 :jonnycat: hopefully I can finish Future Connected before it arrives

Kotaku remains a OXH :deadbanana2: The way they can't help but mention Persona 5 when it comes to any JRPG :hoetenks: And the fact that they talk about Xenoblade being excessively long when P5 can be trimmed by at least 30 hours!

Edited by Alak96

6 hours ago, Alak96 said:

Kotaku remains a OXH :deadbanana2: The way they can't help but mention Persona 5 when it comes to any JRPG :hoetenks: And the fact that they talk about Xenoblade being excessively long when P5 can be trimmed by at least 30 hours!

The lashings and ratios :clap3:

• ATRL Moderator

Lmao their XC2 coverage is why I stopped going to Kotaku, so it's funny to see them still being an OXH :lmao: Losers.

XC2, BOTW and Odyssey are the Switch’s trinity.

I don’t even remember how to play XC. :rip: I beat it, but I don’t remember how. Rex, Nia, the queen with the hat, and Zeke were fun though, but Mythra annoyed me so much with that deep voice of hers :rip:

Anyway, how we enjoying Three Hopes?!? 

persona 5 kind of ruined rpgs for everyone else tbh. it was That much of culture reset i fear

Tumblr: Image

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.