Nintendo Base | Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (MC 86)

feelslikeadream

I've never played a Kirby game but this return to dreamland is so so so good, i may look into da franchise ... any suggestions?

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• feelslikeadream

• Magickarp

• Rence

• Katamari

30 minutes ago, dabunique said:

I've never played a Kirby game but this return to dreamland is so so so good, i may look into da franchise ... any suggestions?

The newest (non remake/remaster) Kirby game that came out last year, Kirby and the Forgotten Land, is my personal favorite Kirby game as someone whose been playing since the N64 game Kirby and the Crystal Shards, which is probably my #2 favorite.

Before Kirby and the Forgotten Land, seemed like most people's favorite game was Kirby Planet Robobot which is on the 3DS. I thought it was good but not insanely good. I loved most of the GBA/2D DS games too!

2 minutes ago, Ewan Chaos said:

The newest (non remake/remaster) Kirby game that came out last year, Kirby and the Forgotten Land, is my personal favorite Kirby game as someone whose been playing since the N64 game Kirby and the Crystal Shards, which is probably my #2 favorite.

Before Kirby and the Forgotten Land, seemed like most people's favorite game was Kirby Planet Robobot which is on the 3DS. I thought it was good but not insanely good. I loved most of the GBA/2D DS games too!

My roommate loves da Crystal Shards version, i'll look into Forgotten Land, thank u 

forgotten land is so good :WAP:, still need to 100% it.

people who sleep on kirby are really missing out. non-binary legend always serves quality

:wave2:

+1 on the forgotten land :jonny6:

before ha I was so bored of Kirby tbh. Every game felt like a level pack to me :gaycat7:

i just finished Metroid Prime after all these years :thing:

gagged

truly a legendary classic

:clap3:

Kirby is a good series, but the games can get a little... same-y.

Super Star Ultra, 64, Amazing Mirror and the 3DS games >

Amazing Mirror multiplayer when it comes to GBA Online is gonna be :jonnycat:

As the residential Kirby stan here, I’d say both Return to Dreamland & last year’s Forgotten Land are good entry points for newcomers in the Switch era. Return To Dreamland was an important game in the series since they started going in a lore-heavy direction from it. Forgotten Land marks a brand new chapter for the series as whole and it’s excellent. I can see HAL continue to do both 2.5 and 3D platformers like these games in the future.

My local Gamestop got a small shipment of MP Remastered and I was able to snatch a copy!:jonny:

On 3/9/2023 at 9:11 PM, znake said:

Mario is comingo for 1 billion, mark me

agreed. this looks too cool :jonny5:

ot: i forgot about Mario day. i just know scamtendo didn't do discounts for Mario odyssey and kart 8 

5 hours ago, Katamari said:

agreed. this looks too cool :jonny5:

ot: i forgot about Mario day. i just know scamtendo didn't do discounts for Mario odyssey and kart 8 

I still have hopes they will revel new Mario or new Donkey Kong Game at the end of movie on credits :priceless::heart2:

I've been playing the absolute **** out of Metroid Prime Remaster and here I am, knowing damn well they won't remaster 2 and 3 :katie: I'd love to be proven wrong but I know it won't happen. 

I still enjoy how Prime doesn't really tell you where to go, you have to figure it out by yourself with a load of back tracking, whew. 

Castti is the strongest simply thanks to Concoct. Throw in Remedy, & its over. The team that has her is easily 2X stronger than the one without. Ochette is the strongest if u abuse her Provoke glitch. Love that caught monsters are permanent now. I feel like a Pokemaster, running around with 6 legendaries :dies: 

Armsmaster Osvald & Conjurer Hikari are the only offensives of each team. They both easily hit 150K. 

Overheal Temenos & Sidestep Partitio are the healers of each team

Agnea can tailor herself to fit on any team. Throné i feel is the only one without a true role. She's outclassed in Offence, Healing, & Support.

Just finished the 8 OT2 stories. I enjoyed my time with it, though it's way easier than OT1. Also almost every person in high authority so cartoonishly evil? The antagonists feel like hate sinks. Maybe i'm looking at the past through rose colored lenses, but i felt OT1 had less moustache twirling villains.

In terms of who my fave Story to playthrough: 

Castti & Hikari Throné > Temenos Ochette Osvald > Partitio > Agnea

Character wise Temenos was my fave. But none have captured me like Theiron, Alfyn, or Primrose did.

Has anyone been watching those AI voice Presidents gamer arguments? It's been a couple weeks so they're kinda played out now with too many copycats, but that initial Zelda tier list was pretty funny.

Trump being a Majora's Mask/Minish Cap and Hoenn/Unova stan... why they trying to make him cousin? :wave:

58 Days to TOTK, & it don't feel like it :rip:

The fact i still call it BOTW2 in my head :rip:

I see so many people startin a replay of the game on youtube/twitch

I think I'll also start mine now, since I'm goin abroad next month. I don't think I'll have time for early may. This will be my 4th, my last one was in late 2019, i must be rusty af by now (even though I watched a few playthroughs since then). According to my switch my first one was around 300 hours (900 koroks), 2nd I did 85 hours (550 koroks) and third playthrough was 68 hours (570 koroks). I always do 100% on shrines, dungeons, quests, dlc content and all armours sets, so that's a given.

All the koroks + the 4 level upgrade of the armor sets, that's another story. It becomes an annoying time sink when you reach the 60% mark of those 2 completion goal.

I'm gonna try to squeeze 700 koroks in around 50 hours this time, just to explore as much of Hyrule as possible again. Max level upgrade for all armor sets is just impossible for me under 100 hours. I did it once and that's enough.

If I get that 2 games for 99 voucher can I use it for Tears of the Kingdom? Seems like an OK deal rather than spending 69 just on TOTK.

Edited by Life Savers

• ATRL Moderator

Who's playing Bayonetta and the Lost Cerezas or whatever? Is it good?

58 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

Who's playing Bayonetta and the Lost Cerezas or whatever? Is it good?

I just watched this review, & u won't like it imo

• ATRL Moderator
23 minutes ago, Magickarp said:

I just watched this review, & u won't like it imo

Hmm, interesting. The gameplay actually looks decent and the visuals are stunning tbh, but them saying it's repetitive and dull in the second half is a big red flag. Too bad.

Why is super Mario odyssey 80 bucks :psyduck:

On 3/14/2023 at 11:17 PM, Magickarp said:

58 Days to TOTK, & it don't feel like it :rip:

The fact i still call it BOTW2 in my head :rip:

I'm still doing all the shrine quests in BOTW, only another 12 more to get. :hippo:

On 3/15/2023 at 3:11 AM, Life Savers said:

If I get that 2 games for 99 voucher can I use it for Tears of the Kingdom? Seems like an OK deal rather than spending 69 just on TOTK.

yes you can, I know a few who never buy physical and will do this.

but it's a sacrifice, majority love a physical copy for a game like this. especially with the rumor that nintendo will use a 32GB cartridge just for this game which means it's goin to be a ***** to download digitally. as you know nintendo has the worst servers.

17 hours ago, Katamari said:

Why is super Mario odyssey 80 bucks :psyduck:

no it's not. where do y'all buy your games? it's 60 buck digitally everywhere.

and I checked my go-to place for physical games (amazon uk and france) and it's 40 bucks. 

32 minutes ago, Eóghan said:

no it's not. where do y'all buy your games? it's 60 buck digitally everywhere.

and I checked my go-to place for physical games (amazon uk and france) and it's 40 bucks. 

I was wondering the same thing. I just checked Amazon (uk) and it's even cheaper (£36.99).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Super-Mario-Odyssey-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B01MUA0D2A/ref=sr_1_3?crid=10KND1C13HKNB&keywords=super+mario+odyssey&sprefix=super+mario+odyssey+%2Caps%2C107&sr=8-3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.