RuPaul's Drag Race | Season 16 | Q will bomb the makeover… manifest

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

41 minutes ago, HeavyMetalAura said:

Is it just me or have the runways been really lackluster this year? They’d be great if we compared them to the earlier seasons, but the bar has been raised since then. Say what you want about the more recent seasons (lacking drama, not producing icons, blah blah blah) but the runways were on fire. This season they’ve just been okay.

And no, I’m not saying this just because we only see them for about .5 seconds with the rushed edits. 

I think youre just a little bit delusional 🤣🤣. The runways are on par with Season 14 imo. Yall praised Bosco as the runway girl last season as she wore bra and panties 4 weeks in a row. In this season no one is wearing the same silhouette each week (with the same costume at the finale). I’m picking on bosco, but in the metalic category last year she would have been near safe bottom of this category, and she was praised for it last year.

This isnt an all star season and this is not season 12/13. If this season came after S11 the fashion would be on par. There is also the issue that

Sasha feels redundant because her package is literally Kylie Sonique Love

Mistress package is a combination of Eureka and Silky. We literally got that cowboy look from Silky in last year.

Sugar and Spice have double the same look in a different pallet.

Aura’s package is literally her costumes from home.

Salina is giving ugly.

Anetra is meh.

Lux ripsoff so many queens and is not original. 

Robin is a worse Jaida.

Loosey is giving s1-5 drag realness.

No one else is worth mentioning.

• Replies 37.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• satellites.™

8 hours ago, HeavyMetalAura said:

Is it just me or have the runways been really lackluster this year? They’d be great if we compared them to the earlier seasons, but the bar has been raised since then. Say what you want about the more recent seasons (lacking drama, not producing icons, blah blah blah) but the runways were on fire. This season they’ve just been okay.

And no, I’m not saying this just because we only see them for about .5 seconds with the rushed edits. 

Runways of season 14 was shitty too. 

Longer seasons mean shitty runways I guess. Up and coming queens can't afford gathering 1000 looks per season. 

16 hours ago, satellites.™ said:

This x1000

Im sick of these untalented ass hoes sliding by on cute jokes and amazon costumes.

If real drag queens from seasons 1 - season 5 could do it with nothing but a small budget and their own brains I dont get how we let **** like what Mik wore slide?

I mean.... these hoes made FULL GOWNS, this was a strong ass top 4

3zargaxptp831.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Spill :clap3:

10 hours ago, ZORBIT said:

It does mind boggle me the payola Salina is getting like nothing in her snatch game was funny & her runways have been pure gutter, she should be getting IG banned instead of mistress; this fandom is riddled with children if they keep mass reporting Mistress for the first 5 min of a new EP :oxygen2:

Salina is clearly aware that "loud, obnoxious contestant" is one of the archetypes typically represented in the finale. There are none of those in the cast this year, so she's playing the role and apparently it's working for her, for now :coffee2: Her lack of talent, taste, or good sense will likely keep her from making it to the end, but you never know with this show!

I agree that the runways so far are quite disappointing, I'm getting a lot of "on a budget" vibes even from the strongest queens. I guess that's also partly because we actually got a lot of amazing runways between S14 and S15 (All Winners, some of the UK/Can vs TW queens, Spain etc.). The horror category in particular was so boring when you think how amazing (literally, some of the best ever) the horror runways are, especially internationally.

But I also agree that S14 overall wasn't much stronger in terms of runways, aside from a few highlights here and there. They just seemed a little more creative, I remember nice and original ideas from the beginning and more personal styles.

3 minutes ago, TrueBlood said:

I agree that the runways so far are quite disappointing, I'm getting a lot of "on a budget" vibes even from the strongest queens. I guess that's also partly because we actually got a lot of amazing runways between S14 and S15 (All Winners, some of the UK/Can vs TW queens, Spain etc.). The horror category in particular was so boring when you think how amazing (literally, some of the best ever) the horror runways are, especially internationally.

But I also agree that S14 overall wasn't much stronger in terms of runways, aside from a few highlights here and there. They just seemed a little more creative, I remember nice and original ideas from the beginning and more personal styles.

I agree.

Thoughts on the nominees for "Future All-Star" at the Queerty Awards? :fan:

Spoiler

Vote for Jasmine or Fierce, or don't vote at all.

8 hours ago, CroNich said:

The runways last season weren't that great either. IMO the seasons with the best runways are s13, s12, s10, s9 and s7

4 hours ago, karron0624 said:

I think youre just a little bit delusional 🤣🤣. The runways are on par with Season 14 imo. Yall praised Bosco as the runway girl last season as she wore bra and panties 4 weeks in a row. In this season no one is wearing the same silhouette each week (with the same costume at the finale). I’m picking on bosco, but in the metalic category last year she would have been near safe bottom of this category, and she was praised for it last year.

This isnt an all star season and this is not season 12/13. If this season came after S11 the fashion would be on par. There is also the issue that

Mistress package is a combination of Eureka and Silky. We literally got that cowboy look from Silky in last year.

Sugar and Spice have double the same look in a different pallet.

Aura’s package is literally her costumes from home.

Salina is giving ugly.

Anetra is meh.

Lux ripsoff so many queens and is not original. 

Robin is a worse Jaida.

Loosey is giving s1-5 drag realness.

No one else is worth mentioning.

20 minutes ago, P.O.P said:

Runways of season 14 was shitty too. 

Longer seasons mean shitty runways I guess. Up and coming queens can't afford gathering 1000 looks per season. 

So I guess it’s just me :rip: I stand by what I said though. Especially after last week. You can do so much with Beautiful Nightmare, those are both such descriptive words open to interpretation, and the only great ones in my opinion were Sasha and - surprisingly - Aura. I just think the past 3 seasons (y’all may disagree but I thought S14 runways were pretty good) set a higher bar 🤷‍♂️ 

Just now, HeavyMetalAura said:

So I guess it’s just me :rip: I stand by what I said though. Especially after last week. You can do so much with Beautiful Nightmare, those are both such descriptive words open to interpretation, and the only great ones in my opinion were Sasha and - surprisingly - Aura. I just think the past 3 seasons (y’all may disagree but I thought S14 runways were pretty good) set a higher bar 🤷‍♂️ 

I don’t disagree that the runways so far have been very underwhelming, but yeah I think so far it’s on par with season 14 and 11.

4 hours ago, karron0624 said:

Yall praised Bosco as the runway girl last season.

Noone_says_that.gif

9 hours ago, CroNich said:

The runways last season weren't that great either. IMO the seasons with the best runways are s13, s12, s10, s9 and s7

Agree

43 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

Reveal hidden contents

If y’all don’t vote jasmine then it’s a bust

1 hour ago, feelslikeadream said:

Having audio proof of Ru saying her name is probably a career highlight for her. That is until she wins GAS ofc.

• ATRL Moderator
2 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

Reveal hidden contents

Voted for Tempest! :flower: 

1 hour ago, dumbsparce said:

Having audio proof of Ru saying her name is probably a career highlight for her. That is until she wins GAS ofc.

Did you see when she met Ru? :toofunny2: :toofunny2: I love her so much.

2 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

Reveal hidden contents

Fiercalicious EASILY outsells the entirety of S15 girlies, it’s crazy

C U N T and then some

It’s just facts

I have been missing her a lot :heart:

3 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

Reveal hidden contents

Tempest Dujour and the girls :clap3:

Miss Fiercalicious literally saved CDR3 :clap3: 

When I’m sitting with Kylie, I’m really sitting with Kylie. Ain’t a metaphor, punchline I’m really sitting with Kylie :jonny5:

spacer.png

34 minutes ago, Both Sides Now said:

When I’m sitting with Kylie, I’m really sitting with Kylie. Ain’t a metaphor, punchline I’m really sitting with Kylie :jonny5:

spacer.png

dea1171a45f8d0027ab959f8431f0716a9477a0e

1 hour ago, Both Sides Now said:

spacer.png

That wig is a choice

12 hours ago, karron0624 said:

WHAT? Besides showing body the packages (so far..) are nothing alike

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnuzbOGuLyf/?hl=en

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnPal_zJ9_q/?hl=en

Kylie gives Americana Blonde Bombshell..

Sasha gives Hawaiian Goddess .. and would never wear an American Flag dress for the final runway..

• ATRL Moderator

First two challenges had amazing runways but beautiful nightmares was mostly weak or just competent but boring.  Am perched for tonight’s episode.   

Is there anywhere y'all watch live without cable? I was gonna go to a bar like usual but I'm really not feeling it tonight. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.