RuPaul's Drag Race | Meet the Queens of All Stars 9! | Premieres 17 May

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

• Replies 40.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• satellites.™

This challenge is great for Monet and Shea, might be where they catch up. 

1 hour ago, manwhore said:

Proudly a raja hater. That was not me 

It wasn't you

satellites.™

1 hour ago, Relampago. said:

I felt bad for Elliott at DragCon cause she had no line and for the most part the people who were going up to her often just poked fun at her. Like I get Elliott definitely committed some microaggressions during her season but that’s no reason to harass the girl at her booth. :skull: 

omg what did they do to her? 

I agree tho, that’s why I said the Wiz thing was unfortunate, cause she already had everyone hating on her because of race related issues and then she posted that :skull: 

25 minutes ago, Riot said:

It wasn't you

satellites.™

Was it someone on this page cause… :mandown: 

2 minutes ago, Bimbo said:

omg what did they do to her? 

I agree tho, that’s why I said the Wiz thing was unfortunate, cause she already had everyone hating on her because of race related issues and then she posted that :skull: 

Mostly just people walking up to her and laughing at her sitting at a table trying to get people to come over. I did see a couple of people go over and talk about Kandy to her while I was in line for Jujubee and say they can’t support her because of what Kandy said.

I mean I get it, but I don’t think it’s necessary to go over and tell her. I just got so much secondhand embarrassment from seeing her try to coax people over, only for them to laugh or drag her. :skull: 

53 minutes ago, Almodusa said:

This challenge is so hard to predict. I know Jinks won her branding challenge, but I don’t know if she‘ll be as successful at creating basically a viral tiktok video. 
I could see Yvie, Jaida & Monet doing well in this. 

• ATRL Moderator

Just an off note moving forward - if a member in this thread posts something racist such as comparing a black queen to an animal, saying the queens of color are uneducated, or anything else of that nature we REALLY need you to report those so we can properly address them.

I know typically this thread does a good job self moderating but recently that has changed and for this thread to remain balanced we need reports from all sides. 

46 minutes ago, Stan said:

This challenge is so hard to predict. I know Jinks won her branding challenge, but I don’t know if she‘ll be as successful at creating basically a viral tiktok video. 
I could see Yvie, Jaida & Monet doing well in this. 

Which branding challenge? The perfume ad from S5? Alaska won that one. 

• ATRL Moderator

If by some miracle Shea and Monet both end up in the Top 2 this week and we got some bullshit tie :rip: 

• ATRL Moderator

Yes, Eliott is dumb, but posting a pic of a Black Barbie on sale and saying, "of course this one is on sale" or whatever is blatantly racist.

5 hours ago, Rotunda said:

I definitely agree that Elliott committed micro aggressions against Symone and others (some of which were aired and some of which weren’t), and that she handled being called out horribly. I just feel like after a certain point the fans started dissecting every comment or look to prove their point when it’s obvious Two T’s was not smart enough to be trying to offend people with references to The Wiz or Cotton-Eyed Joe. :rip: It’s just a comedy of errors from her and we should let her sit as the forgotten cast member she is. It’s not like she has stans.

3 hours ago, Relampago. said:

I agree with the Elliott takes tbh, like yes the girl is ignorant as hell but the fans really just get enjoyment out of dogpiling queens when they can and it’s weirdo behavior. 

I felt bad for Elliott at DragCon cause she had no line and for the most part the people who were going up to her often just poked fun at her. Like I get Elliott definitely committed some microaggressions during her season but that’s no reason to harass the girl at her booth. :skull: 

Honestly, this. My impression is that her mistakes clearly come from a place of genuine ignorance on certain topics rather than actual hate (and there's some work to be done about that), but she looks like a good person from what I've seen on the show and her online presence.

1 hour ago, khalyan said:

Just an off note moving forward - if a member in this thread posts something racist such as comparing a black queen to an animal, saying the queens of color are uneducated, or anything else of that nature we REALLY need you to report those so we can properly address them.

I know typically this thread does a good job self moderating but recently that has changed and for this thread to remain balanced we need reports from all sides. 

I dont get this part,

Is it not allowed to say that QOC are uneducated in general, pr is it not allowed to say a specific POC drag queen is uneducated?

If it is the latter, what if a queen says something really ignorant and that queen happens to be a POC queen? Is it not allowed to say that it was ignorant? It is allowed to say white queens are ignorant in this case? 

Because last week it was said that we cant say any queen that they are uneducated (??)

I dont really get it, I assume it is not allowed if it has a racist tone underneath it right?

• ATRL Moderator
28 minutes ago, Afferty said:

I dont get this part,

Is it not allowed to say that QOC are uneducated in general, pr is it not allowed to say a specific POC drag queen is uneducated?

If it is the latter, what if a queen says something really ignorant and that queen happens to be a POC queen? Is it not allowed to say that it was ignorant? It is allowed to say white queens are ignorant in this case? 

Because last week it was said that we cant say any queen that they are uneducated (??)

I dont really get it, I assume it is not allowed if it has a racist tone underneath it right?

Yeah, the mod team has felt uncomfortable as a whole with the way this thread has discussed Jorgeous and Jaida’s communication skills, and the critiques of them feel like there is a racial undertone to it.  

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, GlamourCadaver said:

Girl this thread does a terrible job at self-moderating and all call-outs are usually met with racist dog whistles, “How are we supposed to know better?”, and an insistence that calling out racism is more of a disturbance than the racism itself. If the moderating team took that seriously instead of constantly giving benefit of the doubt to repeat offenders while also threadbanning and warning members that confront this behavior (and often get baited into arguments, thus getting them branded as being off-topic), this wouldn’t always have to be such a scene. But I’m happy to talk about this via PM to save face for the mod squad’s embarrassing enabling of this behavior if you’d like.

:heart2: 

You know you're always welcome to PM me :heart2: 

3 hours ago, Relampago. said:

Was it someone on this page cause… :mandown: 

Maybe

satellites.™

45 minutes ago, khalyan said:

Yeah, the mod team has felt uncomfortable as a whole with the way this thread has discussed Jorgeous and Jaida’s communication skills, and the critiques of them feel like there is a racial undertone to it.  

I didn't read any of the previous comments, but Jorgeous left school at 16 to be a drag queen in spite of her parents wanting her to study. How is calling her uneducated racist?

I actually love Jorgegous and it's just an genuine question btw

Edited by toy soldier.

3 minutes ago, toy soldier. said:

I didn't read any of the previous comments, but Jorgeous left school at 16 to be a drag queen in spite of her parents wanting her to study. How is calling her uneducated racist?

I actually love Jorgegous and it's just an honest question btw

As the OG Jorgeous defender on this topic, it’s really how it was framed. Like, Jorgeous being airheaded has nothing to do with her education. We don’t see girls saying Trinity is uneducated even though she’s also airheaded on the show. 

These types of comments have been targeted at Jorgeous/Jaida in particular and it’s a bit uncomfortable because saying you don’t like these QOC because they lack a 12 year education is weird. Like why does a queen’s education matter for how much you like them? 

If the issue is that they’re kind of dense, then it could easily be framed as “I’m not really a fan of Jorgeous because I feel like her airheadedness really affects her ability to diversify her skill sets and potential.” And even that walks a fine line. But the girls shouting “Jorgeous is so stupid and uneducated, it makes me hate her” not only has racist undertones, but it’s also elitist and just a dumb way to judge someone. Sure, maybe some of us don’t like stupid people, but people who act stupid aren’t always uneducated, so there’s no real reason to comment on it at all. 

1 hour ago, feelslikeadream said:

Yes, Eliott is dumb, but posting a pic of a Black Barbie on sale and saying, "of course this one is on sale" or whatever is blatantly racist.

Wait did she do this? :deadbanana2: Mess!

3 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

As the OG Jorgeous defender on this topic, it’s really how it was framed. Like, Jorgeous being airheaded has nothing to do with her education. We don’t see girls saying Trinity is uneducated even though she’s also airheaded on the show. 

These types of comments have been targeted at Jorgeous/Jaida in particular and it’s a bit uncomfortable because saying you don’t like these QOC because they lack a 12 year education is weird. Like why does a queen’s education matter for how much you like them? 

If the issue is that they’re kind of dense, then it could easily be framed as “I’m not really a fan of Jorgeous because I feel like her airheadedness really affects her ability to diversify her skill sets and potential.” And even that walks a fine line. But the girls shouting “Jorgeous is so stupid and uneducated, it makes me hate her” not only has racist undertones, but it’s also elitist and just a dumb way to judge someone. Sure, maybe some of us don’t like stupid people, but people who act stupid aren’t always uneducated, so there’s no real reason to comment on it at all. 

Got it! Thanks for explaining, it makes total sense.

3 minutes ago, toy soldier. said:

Got it! Thanks for explaining, it makes total sense.

No problem babes! :heart:

5 hours ago, Almodusa said:

The fake plunger secret making its way into episode 9 is so funny :dies:

This challenge looks very fun, love when Drag Race tries something different!

5 hours ago, khalyan said:

finally. i’m tired of seeing posts along the lines of Jaida cant speak or sounds uneducated. 

It's really funny the edit they give to queens when they complain about being behind the game and suddenly they get a win

6 hours ago, Almodusa said:

Which branding challenge? The perfume ad from S5? Alaska won that one. 

Oh oops, thought she won that one. And yes, meant the perfume ad, it’s similar to this weeks challenge. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.